General Discussions #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
chicoliving said:
Well, its not exactly a crime of opportunity although that could be argued......possibly the way the scene was left indicates a specific search for something by the perp rather than random searching throughout the house......

Right, but they didnt say it wasnt a random crime...only that they had no indication that it was. Same in Jessica's case, they didnt say it wasnt an abduction, only that they had no indication of such.

If the intent was rape, not theft etc...what would indicate random or non random?

golfmom said:
Remember, that earlier than that were reports of co-workers on the scene as well that were concerned for Janet's safety. Then shortly after the "we have nothing that would indicated this is a random crime," comments they released the search warrant. And, again and again they keep with that line ... 1 + 1 + 1 =
Just my opinion, but it is very interesting what LE has released and has not released. Even without everything here, if I were him ... I'd be worried ... LE isn't saying he's a suspect, but no one is going out of their way to say that he isn't right now.

Of course he should be worried, he was the last person to see her, he is her spouse...so he is obviously one of the top suspects.

As for using the line over and over again, that doesnt tell me much, as they often do that to keep from releasing new information. From the way I read the news articles, Im not even sure if LE has said anything more than once or twice. I see it as the media re-using what was originally said.

When was the last public statement by LE in this case?

Jesstexas said:
Signs of forced entry would indicate a random crime (wouldn't it?)

Yes, but would lack of it mean it wasnt?

Last media report was an interview of the family. They refused to speak of Raven or Janet and Raven's relationship during the interview.

Police refused to give any statement.

The only new news we got was that they were waiting for results from the crime lab.

Timex, do any other cases come to mind that there has been such a complete blackout on? I can't think of any, and was wondering if you ever remember LE being so tight-lipped.

During the Greta show on the case, she interviewed a reporter, Eric Olson, who said that even his inside sources at LE won't tell him ANYTHING regarding this case.

eta: I should have put in LE won't even tell him anything off the record in this case.

Timex said:
Right, but they didnt say it wasnt a random crime...only that they had no indication that it was. Same in Jessica's case, they didnt say it wasnt an abduction, only that they had no indication of such.

If the intent was rape, not theft etc...what would indicate random or non random?
....how entry was gained....not forced usually indicates the victim knew the perp or wasn't "afraid" of the perp.

golfmom said:
I never meant to disagree with you :blowkiss:
because I actually agree that he was desperate to fit in
but, he wasn't satisfied just being a regular ole guy in the club
he wanted to be KING of the club
with the most tricked out limited edition collector's version VX
I totally agree. It's the reasons behind that desire that intrigue me. I believe that the reasons behind that are low self-esteem, etc.

And please ... feel free to disagree with me anytime! I seriously don't mind differing opinions at all. :)

Timex said:
JerseyGirl,

Ive known guys just like that. They weren't really "bad" guys, just guys that for whatever reason cant/wont grow-up.

That said, I certainly wouldnt want to be married to one, as the problems would be never ending.
I agree 100% on both points. That's what I meant earlier when I stated that the poor guy probably doesn't even realize how annoying he is. (Poor guy only applies if he isn't a murderer.)

JerseyGirl said:
I totally agree. It's the reasons behind that desire that intrigue me. I believe that the reasons behind that are low self-esteem, etc.

And please ... feel free to disagree with me anytime! I seriously don't mind differing opinions at all. :)

Oh, I know how to disagree with you ... LOL ... remember which way the house faces?

But, seriously my whole take on *Oh Wait I am a Bird*
should be renamed
*Oh Wait I am a Whiney Titty-Baby*

newkid said:
I sincerely hope he didn't do it and that perhaps this experience, even though it's so horrible, will help him change his ways and be a good example for his son.
That's a great point. At this point, it's all about Kaiden. Raven now HAS TO grow up, and take good care of that little boy. He's going to need lots of love, patience, compassion, etc. growing up without his Mommy. Raven's going to need to play both roles as much as possible. He'll need maturity in order to do it, IMO.

JerseyGirl said:
That's a great point. At this point, it's all about Kaiden. Raven now HAS TO grow up, and take good care of that little boy. He's going to need lots of love growing up without his Mommy. Raven's going to need to play both roles as much as possible.

And quit buying himself expensive toys! Hopefully that's stopped!

There are MANY cases in which LE gives no information. Why? Thats anyone's guess. IMO the only way things will change in this case is when the citizens of Durham raise hell. LE told them this wasnt random...said they had nothing to fear...so why no arrest etc? If I were a citizen, I would want answers. They either know who killed her...or they dont. They owe the citizens of Durham that much at least.

My thought is that "no indication that it was a random murder" would mean no forced entry, nothing stolen, no ransacking ... there are probably many things but I can't think of any more than this right now.

golfmom said:
Police refused to give any statement.
I hate to get caught up on semantics but there's a difference between "refusing" to give a statement and "declining" to give a statement. I know that LE often withholds details but do they often let this much time go by with nothing? Why would they in this case - does it imply anything? For example, does LE believe that Raven did it but don't have enough evidence yet? Or do they believe that he didn't but don't want to alarm the community because they have no idea of who they're dealing with? It's been such a long time to hear absolutely nothing. I don't know if there's a pattern of LE behavior in investigations that could be applied here.

golfmom said:
Timex, do any other cases come to mind that there has been such a complete blackout on? I can't think of any, and was wondering if you ever remember LE being so tight-lipped.
I'm sorry golfmom ... we're doing it again. I hadn't read this before posting my last post which is essentially the same question! :doh:

JerseyGirl said:
I hate to get caught up on semantics but there's a difference between "refusing" to give a statement and "declining" to give a statement. I know that LE often withholds details but do they often let this much time go by with nothing? Why would they in this case - does it imply anything? For example, does LE believe that Raven did it but don't have enough evidence yet? Or do they believe that he didn't but don't want to alarm the community because they have no idea of who they're dealing with? It's been such a long time to hear absolutely nothing. I don't know if there's a pattern of LE behavior in investigations that could be applied here.

This is exactly what Ive been saying. Its going on 2 months, yet NOTHING. In most cases where the act is not random, they are wrapped up fairly quickly. (Peterson case does not apply here, because there were MAJOR differences, one being, no body). Random crimes are harder to solve, and random murders often go unsolved. I forget the actual statistics, but I think I read that over 40% of all murders go unsolved in this country.

Timex said:
I forget the actual statistics, but I think I read that over 40% of all murders go unsolved in this country.

Whew ... I hope this isn't one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda