General Discussions #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
NCBanker said:
I posted this in another thread, but I'll include it here as well. Raven's blog is still up. It's the one thing he didn't delete... http://ravenstree.blogspot.com/

Thinking that he may possibly be paying attention to his online ramblings and the comments posted by others, I took the liberty of sending him a message. Perhaps others from this forum could go there as well and drop him a line?
Whew, NCBanker, you sure did make a post! Good for you. Wake up Raven people are watching.:truce:

NCBanker said:
I posted this in another thread, but I'll include it here as well. Raven's blog is still up. It's the one thing he didn't delete... http://ravenstree.blogspot.com/

Thinking that he may possibly be paying attention to his online ramblings and the comments posted by others, I took the liberty of sending him a message. Perhaps others from this forum could go there as well and drop him a line?
I am still dumbfounded about what we speculated his mother wrote:
"Very good reflection on your life and goals." WTH?

NCBanker said:
I admire your courage, NCBanker.

golfmom said:
So, instead of "Show me the Money!" the title of that page should have been "Show me the Lines of Credit!"
Hi I'm new to this and would like to speak with someone about this case.

bluegirl said:
Welcome bluegirl. I'm not sure if you mean that you'd like to discuss this case in the forum or if you'd like to speak to LE or media. Please feel free to send a private message to any of us if you would like some help or direction. Otherwise, please feel free to join us in our discussions. We are always interested in fresh ideas.

Welcome again. :)

bluegirl said:
Welcome Bluegirl. I'm hoping from the word "media" written in your title means you are from the media and want to pick up this case. We would love to help you out with anything....just ask!

bluegirl said:
Hi Bluegirl,

If you have any questions or if I can help in anyway, please let me know.

Moxie

lauriej said:
...maybe a little O/T but..........this guy went on trial yesterday in NC...

http://www.wral.com/news/4627427/detail.html

WAYNE COUNTY, N.C. -- The second murder trial of a Wayne County man accused of raping and killing a 5-year-old girl began Monday.

Eric Lane

Opening statements began in the case of Eric Lane, who is charged with first-degree murder, first-degree kidnapping and a first-degree sex offense in the death of Precious Whitfield, whose body was found in a creek in 2002.

............that trial, (along with the post today by ewws....) , that there were 3 murders in the last week alone ! in durham ..........

http://www.wral.com/news/4625484/detail.html
UPDATED: 12:48 pm EDT June 19, 2005

DURHAM, N.C. -- On Friday, the Durham Police Department reported that the number of crimes in the city was at a four-year low.
But on Saturday, the department was investigating its third murder this week.

.......i realize that those cases deserve attention....and that durham has a limited number of LE as well as media coverage ..but at the same time...

......it's now been 8 weeks ! since janet was found dead.............
http://web.archive.org/web/20010828024037/ravenstree.com/images/Wedding/004.jpg

...how can LE say it was a "not random" murder.....leave it at that ...........never step back up to the mike with an update............. and expect we'll forget ?

...it's not fair, especially to jant.........and i'n back to the "media blitz" asking why ?
I agree the media has to step in to move this case forward. I have a connection that just might be the answer

bluegirl said:
I agree the media has to step in to move this case forward. I have a connection that just might be the answer
We are glad you agree with us BG..........connect.....connect......connect. :blowkiss: We thoroughly look forward to it.

NCBanker said:
Sorry I didn't notice this questions earlier. I think based on what we've learned and deduced, they're probably semi-active. I highly doubt his siblings are affiliated in any way, shape or form. His family was the typical "one foot in the church and one foot in the world" family, where the only time they became active was because they needed $$ from the Bishop. I've seen it many, many times.

A cousin of mine who spent a lot of time with Raven and Janet at SVU said Raven had a limited understanding of the Church, much like the basic testimony or belief of a child.
I moved it over here since the question didn't belong on the other thread :)

Your cousin knew Raven and Janet both well or just one of them? If the family moved around a alot, would there be a way to track how much money they received from the church? Could they go from Bishop to Bishop and ask for money? Maybe Raven learned this growing up and did the same thing as an adult?? It is also conceivable that the church will now help him with money because he has no job and a baby, is that right?

Just a question, maybe NCBanker can help out with this one. I've always thought that if you needed money and you were looking to get it from the LDS church you first had to ask family to help, then look into government programs (food stamps, welfare, Section 8), and then if all of those were exhausted and there were still unmet needs then the church would step in. Am I wrong?

ewwwinteresting said:
Your cousin knew Raven and Janet both well or just one of them? If the family moved around a alot, would there be a way to track how much money they received from the church? Could they go from Bishop to Bishop and ask for money? Maybe Raven learned this growing up and did the same thing as an adult?? It is also conceivable that the church will now help him with money because he has no job and a baby, is that right?
Very interesting idea, EI.

Eyewitness News 11.com: Police Search for Murdered Mother's Killer

... Officers remained on the scene Wednesday, scanning the yard with metal detectors. Neighbors say Aboroa moved into the house with her child and husband just a few months ago. She had a 6-month old son who is now staying with family friends. Police did not know if the child was at home when his mother was killed.

Brewer is mourning the loss of a friend who had so much to live for.

"All she wanted was the baby, and she finally got it," she aid. "Now, she's not going to be around to raise it."

newsobserver.com | Local & State

... She had just gotten a job in bookkeeping at Martin Marietta Materials in Raleigh, Greijn said. The company manufactures construction materials. The victim's husband, Raven Abaroa, worked in sales, he said.

Greijn saw the couple last week to talk about their rental agreement. They said they loved the neighborhood and had found a great baby sitter, Greijn said...

Does the first paragraph mean that Raven worked in sales at the same company?

Also, it sounds like one babysitter. (This was an issue that was questioned before.)

JerseyGirl said:
newsobserver.com | Local & State

... She had just gotten a job in bookkeeping at Martin Marietta Materials in Raleigh, Greijn said. The company manufactures construction materials. The victim's husband, Raven Abaroa, worked in sales, he said.

Greijn saw the couple last week to talk about their rental agreement. They said they loved the neighborhood and had found a great baby sitter, Greijn said...

Does the first paragraph mean that Raven worked in sales at the same company?

Also, it sounds like one babysitter. (This was an issue that was questioned before.)

I think it was just his standard line for employment.....he was in "sales," as in Ebay sales.

WTVD Video Player from article at Eyewitness News 11.com: New Video Surfaces of Abaroas

From the video: "police insist this was not a random act and the public isn't in any danger."

**********************************************************************************************************
I posted this in the media links but I think it might be worth discussing.

This article/video update is dated June 3rd, and it states that police INSIST that it was not random. Was that a comment made by LE for the June 3rd update? If so, that means that a full 5 weeks after Janet's murder, police are not saying that they believe it was not random; they INSIST that it wasn't random. That statement being made on that date, IMO, is very significant. I believe that LE knows a lot, and that they have a clear direction in this case.

While it is frustrating for those of us sitting here talking and waiting, I do believe that LE is investigating this thoroughly, and are building a case. It was mentioned in the June 3rd update that police were remaining tight-lipped. What is it that's keeping them so tight-lipped? What makes this case different than others, (or are they tight-lipped like this in all unsolved crimes of this nature)?

ETA: An article I read earlier mentioned that police aren't saying much because they do not want to hinder the investigation. Based on the above video, I actually believe them. I think that they know what they're doing but for some reason haven't been able to move any faster just yet.

I think that the police are being tight lipped because they know who did it. I think that Janet's family is being tight lipped because LE has asked them to keep quiet in hopes that this will keep the perp relaxed and not hostile--giving them the sense that they've gotten away with murder. And I hope, above all, that LE hasn't made an arrest because they are waiting to find that one piece of evidence that will send the perp straight to jail. And I know, this has been said by every single member here too.

Maybe we should start a thread with our guesses on when LE is going to come back with an arrest warrant.

less0305 said:
I think it was just his standard line for employment.....he was in "sales," as in Ebay sales.
.........in feb.05, he mentioned that he was looking for a 'real job'.......i'm looking for proof that he ever got one...

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?p=55480#post55480

02/15/2005, 09:42 AM
NC_VX

I am now working for an IT training company out of Raleigh, however I am not making near what I need to survive. I am still steadily interviewing for some higher paying jobs and one job I am in as a finalist.

JerseyGirl said:
WTVD Video Player from article at Eyewitness News 11.com: New Video Surfaces of Abaroas

From the video: "police insist this was not a random act and the public isn't in any danger."

**********************************************************************************************************
I posted this in the media links but I think it might be worth discussing.

This article/video update is dated June 3rd, and it states that police INSIST that it was not random. Was that a comment made by LE for the June 3rd update? If so, that means that a full 5 weeks after Janet's murder, police are not saying that they believe it was not random; they INSIST that it wasn't random. That statement being made on that date, IMO, is very significant. I believe that LE knows a lot, and that they have a clear direction in this case.

While it is frustrating for those of us sitting here talking and waiting, I do believe that LE is investigating this thoroughly, and are building a case. It was mentioned in the June 3rd update that police were remaining tight-lipped. What is it that's keeping them so tight-lipped? What makes this case different than others, (or are they tight-lipped like this in all similar cases)?

ETA: An article I read earlier mentioned that police aren't saying much because they do not want to hinder the investigation. Based on the above video, I actually believe them. I think that they know what they're doing but for some reason haven't been able to move any faster just yet.

You're right JG, "insist" is indeed a strong word to use....as if the point is to almost imply, 'we know who did this.'

That said, the only thing I can speculate on, as far as being "tight-lipped," is that LE must have a good idea about the WHO in this case, and is tight-lipped, as they build the case for an arrest. And building the case could be anything from lab results, to verifying an alibi, etc. Perhaps it's as simple as this -

by saying NOTHING, they're saying a LOT.

But more and more, I really believe, and this is must my opinion, that LE knows exactly who the suspect is...nothing else makes sense to me.... and that are taking their time, putting together the case, and then will make the arrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname