Geographic Profiling

Hi everyone! I'm Morgan-a geologist who is really into crime and mysteries. I've spent most of the last 24 hours getting into this case and reading this forum. Forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere, but earlier this evening I read an article elsewhere about the case with satellite imagery of the positions of the ten bodies found near Gilgo Beach. I was immediately struck by the layout of the pattern--it's consistent with the direction of longshore drift. If all the bodies were dumped at the same time, it's not unreasonable to assume a hurricane could've brought them to those very positions. Surely the remains were all tested for evidence of having been in the ocean?

Would they really have lined up as perfectly as the GPS coordinates suggest? Is that how precise the ocean waves would have been...that symmetrical? Sounds plausible if the ocean waves are that precise?

Would they really have lined up as perfectly as the GPS coordinates suggest? Is that how precise the ocean waves would have been...that symmetrical? Sounds plausible if the ocean waves are that precise?

Kat, I believe that the ocean waves would be the only thing that could produce such a symmetrical pattern. Unless you were reallllly good and paying attention to the coordinates and had access to a GPS with really precise abilities. Longshore drift is the main control on sedimentation in areas like these. Of course the waves will hit higher/lower on the shore depending on the tides. But I can draw longshore drift onto the image of locations bodies were found to demonstrate if you would like!

Kat, I believe that the ocean waves would be the only thing that could produce such a symmetrical pattern. Unless you were reallllly good and paying attention to the coordinates and had access to a GPS with really precise abilities. Longshore drift is the main control on sedimentation in areas like these. Of course the waves will hit higher/lower on the shore depending on the tides. But I can draw longshore drift onto the image of locations bodies were found to demonstrate if you would like!

Sounds great....would love to see it! Because that may have been "his" original intent...out at sea.

Oh please do so if you can! It would be a great help. Thanks and looking forward to seeing them when you get around to doing so (no pressure of course). Thank you!

Happy Sunday, y'all! This is longshore drift. The waves hit at an angle because of the wave energy distribution; the sediment and waters recede perpendicular to the shoreline after reaching shore. I'll upload my drawing on Gilgo Beach satellite imagery in a second!
attachment.php

Attachments

• longshore-drift.gif
    longshore-drift.gif
    30.8 KB · Views: 93
Also, wanted to add that I know the direction prevailing wind usually hits and its resultant direction of longshore drift because of the sand patterns on the beach. Just east of Gilgo Beach, on satellite imagery you see sand buildup in that direction; this coincides with direction of longshore drift.

Also, wanted to add that I know the direction prevailing wind usually hits and its resultant direction of longshore drift because of the sand patterns on the beach. Just east of Gilgo Beach, on satellite imagery you see sand buildup in that direction; this coincides with direction of longshore drift.

I don't want to be a naysayer, but if you understood the area, you would see why this wasn't possible. The water has only come across Ocean Parkway once in my lifetime & that was during Hurricane Sandy. And I don't believe the ocean even went over the parkway near Gilgo, but rather under it through the tunnels. I could be wrong about that last part. But either way, Sandy was the only major storm in decades to cause the kind of pattern you are talking about & Sandy happened well after the bodies were found.

I don't want to be a naysayer, but if you understood the area, you would see why this wasn't possible. The water has only come across Ocean Parkway once in my lifetime & that was during Hurricane Sandy. And I don't believe the ocean even went over the parkway near Gilgo, but rather under it through the tunnels. I could be wrong about that last part. But either way, Sandy was the only major storm in decades to cause the kind of pattern you are talking about & Sandy happened well after the bodies were found.
You are right. The bodies were found in the bushes and thickets on the North side of Ocean Pkwy. Waves are not hitting the cars that travel up and down the pkwy.

I wouldn't be surprised if the road along Gilgo Beach is his commute to work or something of that nature. That way he'd get to drive by it practically everyday and fantasize back to those killings.

My profile about this guy: he kills inside some building.. probably he lives alone or rent something place where to do the job. He is very afraid of being caught.. so he probably enjoys his non-secret life as a "good" person.. he likes to solicite sex a lot, maybe he likes it even more than killing. He won't kill again soon, I guess he will wait more 5 or 7 years to kill again, killing isn't his priority in his life. He is not a common serial killer because his killings are just a plus for him.. maybe he could kill more in the past, but kept playing with potential victims. He gains trust of their victims over time.. probably one or more year as a "good" client. He is probably not married, because he is kinda hedonist.. he wants to enjoy sensations.. a marriage would compromise it, and he has no compulsion on saying what he did to other people as a relief. He is probably a "very nice" person, changing girlfriends all the time, he probably has lots of friends. He goes for hot and pretty woman, either prostitute or girlfriend, at least above average. He has good financial condition, and has probably been hunting and enjoying sex with his next victim. He is waiting for people to forget the case, and then attack and dump a body again at the same location. He used to lives in or very close to go-go beach or oak beach by the time they find the first bodies, probably he is still there. He is clearly 35 or older.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back