George and Cindy Anthony have new lawyers

Whoa! I missed something - are you telling me that this attorney got the mortgage company to do a forbearance (which is when the mortgage company can move to foreclosure but they give the homeowners a new payment plan, or stretch out the term, or take the homeowner's pledge to pay in the future, etc due to a financial hardship that can be proven on paper) instead of proceeding to foreclosure??? I did not know this, and must have missed it in all the hoopla of all the musical attorneys. Thanks in advance for anyone who answers this!

That is exactly what happened.
We have a thread on this subject [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110314"]2010.07.26 - Anthony Home is Safe from Foreclosure! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I'm thinking they hired the new lawyers to coach them on their testimony, and represent them separately in future contract negotiations.

If that were the case, not sure they could offer them separate representation since the attorneys are in the same firm. Wouldn't it be improper for one firm to represent (potential) criminal defendants with conflicting interests?

As long as the attorneys do not confer, and they each have separate support staff, transcription tapes are erased properly (or filed separately), and separate files are kept, there is no problem.

I once held two jobs, one at a law firm, and a second job with a client. I was hired into the law firm with full disclosure of my second job. However, I could not work with any of that client's files.

Do do you think GA and CA are going to be deposed by JB? Would make sense with the new guests on Casey's Jailhouse Guest list.

NOTHING would surprise me. However, I think there are enough depositions, sworn statements, testimony and GJ testimony from both CA and GA. I can't imagine what else they would need to ask that hasn't already been asked. (Well, except about the sexual abuse allegations....
bex.gif
)

I think GA needs his own attorney because SA asked for the GJ testimony. I think GA needs an attorney because of his daughter's accusations. I think GA needs his own attorney because he needs to talk with someone in confidence and get the advice he needs. We all know an attorney for CA is useless unless CA starts to listen. jmo

I TOTALLY AGREE! I really don't think they need to be sharing an attorney at this point. And, no, just because there are 2 from the same firm, that isn't what I mean. They need 2 different attorneys with separate offices where files are kept confidential and separate staff. What is in Cindy's best interest may not be in George's best interest.

Wonder what his idea of "not a lot is" and will he encourage Cindy to
continue her "bag Lady" look.

As long as the attorneys do not confer, and they each have separate support staff, transcription tapes are erased properly (or filed separately), and separate files are kept, there is no problem.

I once held two jobs, one at a law firm, and a second job with a client. I was hired into the law firm with full disclosure of my second job. However, I could not work with any of that client's files.

I think the situation with GA & CA and these 2 attorneys could work IF it is a VERY large firm with separate electronic databases and and a large, totally separate staff.

Why do this though? I think they are playing with fire. Particularly, George.

NOTHING would surprise me. However, I think there are enough depositions, sworn statements, testimony and GJ testimony from both CA and GA. I can't imagine what else they would need to ask that hasn't already been asked. (Well, except about the sexual abuse allegations....
bex.gif
)

I TOTALLY AGREE! I really don't think they need to be sharing an attorney at this point. And, no, just because there are 2 from the same firm, that isn't what I mean. They need 2 different attorneys with separate offices where files are kept confidential and separate staff. What is in Cindy's best interest may not be in George's best interest.

ITA! Nothing would surprise me either. I can see Jose announcing, er leaking, his desire to depose GA. This would play into his maybe SODDI defense as well as his mitigation and "media induced jury tampering."
ETA: I don't believe for one second that JB buys into any of that GA stuff being real, but he has to be thinking, "Who Cares?"
AND, I agree with you about the GJ testimony.
While I can only speculate what GA divulged in his testimony, I'll be willing to wager it was what bought him that ticket on the undercarriage of the Baez Buslines.

I'm thinking they hired the new lawyers to coach them on their testimony, and represent them separately in future contract negotiations.

What type of "contract negotiations?

Do people need to hire lawyers to "coach them in their testimony?" If they are telling the truth? Why do they need to pay a lawyer? Do most people hire lawyers to help them with their testimony?

I am thinking either they need just normal media consultants for the way they present themselves on TV, in court, etc...or they need actual lawyers to advise them in how to protect them from perjuring themselves and/or avoiding obstruction of justice charges and then therefore avoiding arrest.

I think the situation with GA & CA and these 2 attorneys could work IF it is a VERY large firm with separate electronic databases and and a large, totally separate staff.

Why do this though? I think they are playing with fire. Particularly, George.

Seems as if George enjoys a good blaze...

Do people need to hire lawyers to "coach them in their testimony?" If they are telling the truth? Why do they need to pay a lawyer? Do most people hire lawyers to help them with their testimony?

I am thinking either they need just normal media consultants for the way they present themselves on TV, in court, etc...or they need actual lawyers to advise them in how to protect them from perjuring themselves and/or avoiding obstruction of justice charges and then therefore avoiding arrest.

I was thinking book deals, future interviews on NBC, CBS, ABC, movie deals, etc.

Personally, I feel if you are going down a path that the A's are, hiring an attorney is wise. Paying for them? Don't know that they are. And the A's aren't most people, nor are they telling anything that resembles the truth.

bex.gif
)

Exactly! George is going down.

These new attorneys may be planning to get in on the blood money like Jose did.

Yes he does....last case listed on OC Clerk of Court website for Dissolution of Marriage was in 2009.....but he is currently handling two cases of Domestic Violence with Children...

Majority of his cases are real estate though....(foreclosures)

Seems to have given up criminal defense work...

Oh goodness...buckle up everyone...we're in for a bumpy ride!

I knew there was a reason that I jumped ship on this case months ago...and I'm not much of a swimmer ;) :D

"Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

I knew there was a reason that I jumped ship on this case months ago...and I'm not much of a swimmer ;) :D

This is just making me sick...WTH am I doing wrong...hubby had 3 titanium plates in his neck, was hospitized 6 times last year with his gall bladder and I had a stroke......we have worked hard for every cent we ever made and and still work 8 hours a day at least... it just galls me that they are sucking everyone dry...I think I may need to take a break too....we haven't filed for disability or anything as my stubborn hubby is too proud lol

But would they retain separate attorneys who work for the same firm?

Would there be privilege if they worked for the same firm?

In light of Casey's accusations against George, and now it's Cindy putting money into Casey's jail account ( you know, the one she buys cocoa and crackers with ) ha ha...I had to get that in there! Doncha think they should have totally separate attorneys now? I think it would make sense. Oh gee...it's the Anthony's, nothing they do makes sense. Nevermind.

Real Estate Law
Landlord and Tenant Issues
Residential Leases
Commercial Leases
Residential Sale and Purchase Contracts
Commercial Sale and Purchase Contracts
Zoning and Land Use
Contracts to Purchase, Lease, or Lease with an Option to Purchase
Contract Negotiation
Title Closing Reviews and Counseling
Escrow Issues

Criminal Law
Misdemeanor and Felony Drug Cases
Tampering
Misdemeanor and Felony DUI Cases
All Sex Crimes
All Batteries
Child Abuse/Neglect Crimes
Domestic Violence
False Imprisonment
Weapons Charges
Shoplifting
Bad Checks
Robbery
Forgery
Stalking
Kidnapping
Assaults
Burglary
Fraud
Petit Theft
Trespassing

Looks like they do anything except fold your laundry.

http://www.realpagessites.com/lippmanlawoffices/
Okay, process of elimination. They don't seem to handle divorce, bankruptcy - just in case to get rid of those pesky bills that keep piling up.
Real estate law, hmmm can they declare the house as something to keep it from foreclosure again? I don't know, would not surprise me.

On the other side they do handle tampering - perhaps Cindy is getting ready?

Sex crimes of all types. perhaps George is getting ready.

Child abuse/neglect :waitasec: That has me stumped. Surely Casey can't file claims against them can she:croc: They both may need this based off Casey's claims as nothing was done to help back in the day?

Seems the A's find the replacement in on stop shopping.

Do we have a list of every twist and turn this case took? :truce:

This is just making me sick...WTH am I doing wrong...hubby had 3 titanium plates in his neck, was hospitized 6 times last year with his gall bladder and I had a stroke......we have worked hard for every cent we ever made and and still work 8 hours a day at least... it just galls me that they are sucking everyone dry...I think I may need to take a break too....we haven't filed for disability or anything as my stubborn hubby is too proud lol

You are doing what you know is right and good in your situation, and G-d has given you the strength to endure. None of us can truly experience someone else's sadness or feel their pain, but, for all we know, the Anthonys may be suffering more than we can even imagine.

Thoughts and prayers for you and your hubby.
BDE

"Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

sorry about that..we were posting the same thing at the same time lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018