George has Casey's car destroyed

Status
Not open for further replies.
+respectfully snipped+
It'll be a new gas can or shopping trolley by now

Hmmmm..........I think somebody kept it for future $$$$$$. Not necessarily the A's,but I bet someone has it .JMO

I hope the A's took steps to make sure no one could get hold of the scrap metal. They have an attorney, and hopefully he has advised them on such measures. We'll see what happens.

Various and several pieces of it were. This is hair splitting and I don't understand to what purpose.

Whatever you want to label it ~ possible evidence, evidence, discovery, possible discovery, physical evidence or whatever, used as an exhibit in court or not ~ it was taken by LE and had to be disposed of or returned.

Would they have had to have physically brought the entire car into the courtroom for it to have been considered evidence? LOL, now that would have caused a few more sidebars!!!

I don't know EU, all I know is the car itself was not considered evidence and it was returned to the Anthony's. The house JonBenet Ramsey was brutally murdered in was considered a crime scene, evidence was taken out of it - but the house was eventually released back to the Ramseys to do with what they please. The house is not considered evidence. Makes sense to me. What was left of Caylee was cremated, only pictures of her little bones were entered into evidence - same as the car, IMO.

I hope the A's took steps to make sure no one could get hold of the scrap metal. They have an attorney, and hopefully he has advised them on such measures. We'll see what happens.
Well it has been reported that it has now been cubed as well as crushed. Hopefully that means it is indiscernible from other bits of metal. Fingers crossed that this is the end of the story re: the car and it's crushing and cubing. Good Riddance!

The need for evidence is over. The case is over.
I can well understand the A's not wanting the car near ever again.
I would walk first.The case is a done thing, no doing it again.
Everything comes to he who waits. It will come.:seeya:

P.S. I do not Hate anyone. Hate is a terrible thing to
live with..........Well maybe Bin Laden!!!!!!

JP stated they could not introduce the car/carpet smell into evidence because if one of the juror's already knew what the smell was and told the other jurors they would then become a witness. Jurors cannot be witnesses. However, this was never explained to the jurors so if they wondered why they could not smell the carpeting they might assume it could have just been trash if another juror told them they had smelled decomp and knew what it smelled like. Either way the juror would still be considered a witness so they should have permitted them to smell it if they asked. jmo

Agreeing with everything you say and adding that the jurors did, in fact, smell the Velveeta cheese wrapper when it was passed around. So yes, they already were witnesses to that particular scent.

IMO, the smell in the car was some of the most telling evidence the SA had in this case. Most of the evidence was strong, IMO, but the evidence of decomp in the car proved that a body had been in the vehicle during some level of decomposition.

....Respectfully snipped...

KC smelled it too, bigtime, which is why she "explained" the smell of death to Amy, put Tony's trash in the trunk and ultimately dumped the car. She couldn't stand the smell, risk anybody else smelling until she figured out what to do and needed cover in case someone did smell that smell. Why the jury didn't believe what KC, herself, smelled and testified to through her words and actions, I will never understand.

Maybe the media did find out about the car on their own, maybe. But past behavior tells me different.

As far as the media knowing their every move, including the car being destroyed - the A's fed that monster almost everyday for three years, and I don't think MSM attention comes with an on/off switch. The whole lot of them have them benefited from the frenzy they created, and none of them have rung out the last dime from Caylee's misery just yet.

I'm just glad the car is demolished. I would not like to read about it being sold to some freaky collector or up for bids on ebay. That would have made my heart hurt.

I would have liked to have seen the car sold - set up as a memorial to the remaining Anthony clan.

My opinion only

Well it has been reported that it has now been cubed as well as crushed. Hopefully that means it is indiscernible from other bits of metal. Fingers crossed that this is the end of the story re: the car and it's crushing and cubing. Good Riddance!

Hope so, yet, with everything else that has happened with this gawd-awful family and this travesty of justice, part of me expects to hear tomorrow morning that a crushed car cube has been listed for sale on e-bay.

Hope so, yet, with everything else that has happened with this gawd-awful family and this travesty of justice, part of me expects to hear tomorrow morning that a crushed car cube has been listed for sale on e-bay.

We didn't see the car on EBay. Why would we see the scrap metal on EBay?

The reporter in the video stated that George required a document be signed saying the car would be totally destroyed and that no piece from it would be preserved or sold. They were allowed to remove all fluids and tires (and maybe something else that I cannot recall). If they do not honor that agreement, George would have legal recourse if he chose to pursue it.

The reporter in the video stated that George required a document be signed saying the car would be totally destroyed and that no piece from it would be preserved or sold. They were allowed to remove all fluids and tires (and maybe something else that I cannot recall). If they do not honor that agreement, George would have legal recourse if he chose to pursue it.

Right, but isn't it to be melted down eventually, by some company that recycles metal, etc. and then sold anonymously...so to speak?

I think it's a requirement to remove all fluids prior to crushing/recycling anyway ... and certainly the battery (they get a bit antzy when you squash them!) I thought tires were normally left on though.

On the whole other thing, what else would they do with the car? I know if it were me, I wouldn't want this alleged deathmobile sitting in my driveway for the whole stickybeak world to be driving by and gawking at.

Right, but isn't it to be melted down eventually, by some company that recycles metal, etc. and then sold anonymously...so to speak?

Yeah, some unsuspecting new young homebuyers will be unaware it's the main beam in their roof

ETA Oops sorry - just realized that comment might come across the wrong way. I meant it as just an example. In fact, the metal will be so well melded with everything it's thrown in with that it wouldn't solely go into to the making of any one single item anyway:innocent:

Possibly. That would make sense. The scraps have to be dealt with in some way. The car in the the condition it is now in, or the scraps melted down, would be of little to no interest to people who collect murder memorabilia. George's intent was to keep it out of the hands of such collectors but he must know something will have to be done with the scraps--such as melting.

Yeah, some unsuspecting new young homebuyers will be unaware it's the main beam in their roof

May they be brave, honest, straight forward, gentle, kind and loving so they turn the bad karma all the way around!

I think it's a requirement to remove all fluids prior to crushing/recycling anyway ... and certainly the battery (they get a bit antzy when you squash them!) I thought tires were normally left on though.

On the whole other thing, what else would they do with the car? I know if it were me, I wouldn't want this alleged deathmobile sitting in my driveway for the whole stickybeak world to be driving by and gawking at.

Yep, the battery was what I forgot on the list of removed parts. It will be of no interest to a memorabilia collector. Can you just see some collector displaying the Sunfire's battery: "And this is my most prized possession...the battery from Casey Anthony's deathmobile." A worthless display that would be; no one will be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nobsnurse99