George Meltdown

You handle it be accepting the truth, grieving and moving on - hopefully doing something positive with the grief, ala John Walsh or Marc Klaas. As long as they stay in denial, they will never get on with their lives and will be bitter, hateful people. imo
Don't forget that John Walsh and Marc Klaas were not dealing with the double whammy of having their loved one killed by another loved one.
That throws a whole new dimension on it and I hope they are able to do something positive with this at some point. But they would be hard pressed to turn this into a positive at this juncture. That is a tall order.

Don't forget that John Walsh and Marc Klaas were not dealing with the double whammy of having their loved one killed by another loved one.
That throws a whole new dimension on it and I hope they are able to do something positive with this at some point. But they would be hard pressed to turn this into a positive at this juncture. That is a tall order.

I think that for them to even come to grips with that possibility is one of the reasons we see such odd behavior. To admit that your daughter is responsible for you not having your granddaughter is beyond comprehension. Will they ever be able to after all is said and done. There still has to be a trial. There are months and months of this media attention to come. I would think that there is a good chance that someone will have a major breakdown along the way. Turning this into a positive would be a long way off if ever.

Seeing a perfect mother as GA & CA says is different than saying the perfect daughter or perfect person. My own half-sister to myself and other family members appeared to be a loving and caring mother in front of others. It was not until we sat the children down and asked them questions on specfic events and times did we find out otherwise.
The Anthonys have been making excuses for Casey's own personal behavior so long that it is habit but not having or keeping a job, stealing money and telling lies and being a run around in their eys did not make Casey a bad mother. It just might be the simple truth that they have never seen Casey mistreat, ignore or otherwise show anything that would make them think that Casey was not a good mother.

Great post!!! I do agree. I was just replying to another poster who had used the term "Perfect Mother" and I replied that she is not. I said earlier that at one time, Casey when she was 3 years old was considered a "little angel" by her parents, etc.. Something happened to her to change her. Who knows what happened. You are right, they may not have seen the truth, maybe they only saw what they wanted to see. We can only speculate as far as the past....as far as I know. Many parents only see the good in their children and tend to ignore the bad. Not saying that is a good thing, just saying that is the way it is sometimes.

I think that for them to even come to grips with that possibility is one of the reasons we see such odd behavior. To admit that your daughter is responsible for you not having your granddaughter is beyond comprehension. Will they ever be able to after all is said and done. There still has to be a trial. There are months and months of this media attention to come. I would think that there is a good chance that someone will have a major breakdown along the way. Turning this into a positive would be a long way off if ever.
Exactly. What a mess. These poor people.

they just took casey out of the house..i'm not sure if she's in cuffs or not ...it's on NG now

At one point I was worried about Casey attempting suicide. I am now worried about George or Cindy. Esp. George. Cindy doesn't seem like the type to do something like that.

I think it's time for them to sit down with Casey and scream at her until she either spills something or begs to go back to jail.

I think those jerks got off easy. I don't know that I wouldnt do the same or worse. I think George should just turn on the sprinklers next time.

They were definately out to make someone upset. I guess they got their 15 minutes.....:furious:

I know I'm late to this thread (server busy, real life calls, etc.) but I just watched the video of George and I can't help but feel really really bad for him. The raw emotion/fear/sadness/anger he must be going through is enough to make anyone flip out.

Up on Local6.com now, video is Emails From Casey, about half-way through is the George outburst where he throws the dude's stuff around, his neighbor comes out to calm things down, and George calls the cops.

These guys had chutzpa - lawnchairs, beach umbrella, camera tripod...

Not sure if the yard between the sidewalk and the street is actually his property to throw them off.

http://www.local6.com/news/17337744/detail.html

No it isnt. It is a city easement....but still what they did was pretty rude/
Obviously trying to get a rise out of G. Anthony. I do feel sorry for them, theyre so in denial and stressed out. Id be on the floor heavily medicated going through this. I dont know how they stand all the stress. Believing Caylee is still alive keeps them going i think. Im glad that man was there to diffuse the situation, was he a neighbor I wonder?

So VERY sad! but it does keep Caylee in the news as it should be. Public Eyes are still searching. Thankfully!

I think that they have realized Caylee is gone. They had to ask the search team to come and that would mean they are looking for the body. It was said last night that sometimes they find missing people alive, not always. That would tell me the Anthonys are coming to gripes with this, just very slowly.
I hope they find Caylee soon.

I wonder if the GPs keep a gun in the house. If so, I think it would be wise for someone to hide it from George. His temper is out of control. I would really worry about someone getting hurt. They are being provoked beyond all endurance.

I'm so glad to see some compassion for the Anthony's!

I don't care how "horrible" they may have been as parents, they did the best they could and don't deserve any of this! There is no manual teaching us how to do it, and fundamentally we learn it from our parents. If we've been lucky enough to have some "guides" along the way who helped us become "better" parents, we've been blessed. Yet a great part of what we do as parents is programmed in our subconscious and it takes an enormous amout of willingness to recognize it and make changes.

I would hate to have my parenting "skills" viewed under a microscope - and but for the grace of God I could be in the Anthony's situation.

They are going through the classic stages of grief:

1. Denial:
* Example - "I feel fine."; "This can't be happening." We've certainly seen the Anthony's go through this stage.

2. Anger:
* Example - "Why me? It's not fair!" "NO! NO! How can you accept this!" In my amateur opinion, they are now moving into anger, as we can see in the Cindy "no trespassing signs" video and George in the near-altercation with the 'sightseers.'

3. Bargaining:
* Example - "Just let me live to see my children graduate."; "I'll do anything, can't you stretch it out? A few more years." I'm sure this stage is close, if not already here.

4. Depression:
* Example - "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"; "I'm going to die . . . What's the point?" I think this will come either with the finding of Caylee's body or just the passage of more time.

5. Acceptance:
* Example - "It's going to be OK."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it." The Anthony's will eventually have to end up here in order to be able to get on with their lives.

I have family members with BPD, and I suspect that BPD would be one of several diagnoses for Casey. It is very difficult to live with, and it is much easier to stay in denial, trust me!

I like to follow Jesus's advice to the crowd who wanted to stone the prostitute, which was the accepted practice of the day.

"Let he who is without sin among us cast the first stone."

I wonder if the GPs keep a gun in the house. If so, I think it would be wise for someone to hide it from George. His temper is out of control. I would really worry about someone getting hurt. They are being provoked beyond all endurance.

I would imagine one of the conditions of Casey's release be that there are no firearms on the property. People on parole/probation are not allowed to posess them. Neither are felons, which of course, Casey is not legally at this time.

Of course, that doesn't keep George from having access to one elsewhere. Lee could have agreed to keep his firearms for him.

Good post and point beaner :blowkiss:

That video of George going off and throwing that guys lawn chairs and that neighbor holding him back ( good neighbor) made me so sad-- George looks as though he' s aged so much--- IMO this is killing him-- this man is going to have a heart attack.

I think once they give in and accept all the evidence ( which i am not sure they will accept it ;till Caylee's body is found-- )
Even if she is found I believe they will than continue to believe and defend Casey by saying "someone else killed her " and put her in the trunk.

I wouldnt doubt if it's said "is the media/public's fault ---all the media attention made the 'babysitter' freak and had to kill her - ( not sure how they will explain how that happen with the car being in LE's possesion. Just been so many spins and ways of denial i wouldnt doubt any 'reasoning'.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back