George Sodder saw a picture of a young girl in a magazine that he believed was Betty

Maybe these?

Attachments

• 65df3b40ff0ea5b0445102a622764afb.jpg
    65df3b40ff0ea5b0445102a622764afb.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 50
  • 40d43d6c8d2f0e764ae02b979232dac4.jpg
    40d43d6c8d2f0e764ae02b979232dac4.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 59
  • Life-Magazine-1948-07-26.jpg
    Life-Magazine-1948-07-26.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 47
Perhaps the senders of the letter were foreign and writing in English? Maybe Italian like George.

Rather that meaning
Louis Sodder
I love brother Frankie
Ilil boys
A90135

I search li il on Google translate from Italian and means either there the or they're there.

Perhaps they meant

Louis Sodder
They're there/He's there
Love Frankie
A90135 - either meaning the location in Italy or license plate of Kentucky car??

I really believe the photo George saw in the magazine was just wishful thinking on his part.

I really believe the photo George saw in the magazine was just wishful thinking on his part.

The majority of me agrees with you to be honest.
What do you think about the photo sent years later of Louis?

There was an article written in a magazine about the Sodder family and not long after that Jennie received the photo of "Louis". The most common theory is that someone sent the photo as a prank.

Perhaps the senders of the letter were foreign and writing in English? Maybe Italian like George.

Rather that meaning
Louis Sodder
I love brother Frankie
Ilil boys
A90135

I search li il on Google translate from Italian and means either there the or they're there.

Perhaps they meant

Louis Sodder
They're there/He's there
Love Frankie
A90135 - either meaning the location in Italy or license plate of Kentucky car??

So playing on this, what caught my eye first, when hearing the story was the A90135. I immediately noticed it as a possible phone number. I'm from a very rural area in the south that didnt get 10 digit phone numbers til the early 70s. Most of the country had switched from the original "mapped" numbers where the letters represented a district or county for the switch board operators by the early 60s, but again, not everywhere, and certainly not in other countries. There are just so many clues to this case that noone bothered with, it drives me crazy. Of course there is no way to call or lookup that number now.

So playing on this, what caught my eye first, when hearing the story was the A90135. I immediately noticed it as a possible phone number. I'm from a very rural area in the south that didnt get 10 digit phone numbers til the early 70s. Most of the country had switched from the original "mapped" numbers where the letters represented a district or county for the switch board operators by the early 60s, but again, not everywhere, and certainly not in other countries. There are just so many clues to this case that noone bothered with, it drives me crazy. Of course there is no way to call or lookup that number now.

It is MASSIVELY frustrating to me that so much was ignored or disregarded/never bothered being looked into. There are so many holes it makes my brain want to explode

It is MASSIVELY frustrating to me that so much was ignored or disregarded/never bothered being looked into. There are so many holes it makes my brain want to explode

Also i only thought postcode because if you search A90135, Italy it comes up as the postcode for a place in Sicily, i think thats a bit too spooky to be coincidence... What do you think?

There were a lot of things that took place during this whole debacle. It's interesting to note that weeks before the fire, there was an insurance man who had come to the house and said that his home would catch fire and his children would be destroyed. Another visitor had come to the house and said that there would be a fuse box that would catch fire someday.

How many times have you brought in a car to get worked on for the mechanic to tell you he found something else wrong. I believe the electrician was just telling George the fuse box was bad to get more business.

I will never believe the life insurance salesman threatened George simply because he didn't buy life insurance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back