George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
If any mother thinks it was just fine for GZ to not even attempt to revive his victim or get help for him....they aren't fit for Jury duty. IMO

If someone does not know CPR they should not attempt it.. And What about all the other people.. Who just stayed in and did nothing.. If they would have come out, And helped, WE would not even know who these people are.

I've decided regardless of the verdict, and I do hope he's convicted. I will be able to take solace in the fact that GZ will never be truly free again.

oh my goodness, that is just so sad...and so very hard to understand.

You can't disbelieve everything she says and then rely on the only testimony that supports your theory he made it home.

IMO

I personally do not believe BY means AT or that He didn't mean GZ in the context she said it in.
I do not give much if any credibility to second hand relayed hearsay. By either the State or the defense.

His body was not found by police at home. He did not make it there.

I was quoting her testimony. I don't believe anything that came from her mouth. Oh wait. She did say she felt guilty. Ah yes. That. Why????

I don't believe GZ went out with the intent to kill that night, nor is he a murderer. I do believe he put himself in the situation and is also not telling the truth in all this, I believe he is holding back on what really happened that night. When the State pointed out, and I never saw this until now, when GZ said "I was going back toward him", then changed it to "he was coming towards me". I believe he actually retracted that so he doesn't look "guilty". :twocents: That opened my eyes even more to GZ holding back what really happened and is lying in some instances.

Agreed. I believe he cornered Trayvon, lied about that and told so many different stories to so many different people.

I think he was a bungling, Barney Fife with high anxiety, prejudice towards black youth, impulsive temper, and thought he was some sort of authority or should have been. I know many like him. His mistakes caused loss of life through no fault of the victim. It was the victim who did not break any laws that night. None.

He thought nothing would come of this, as did the chief of police because they were indifferent to the death of the unidentified AA teenager found walking through the development....assumed killing him was justified. Never thought he'd have to prove he had a good reason for killing an unarmed AA teenager.

During deliberations, will the jury know the jail sentences that go along with manslaughter verdicts? Will they know that GZ could get 30 yrs to life if they go with a 'lesser' sentence?

I have a question. If that's really George's voice, why not submit to testing?
I understand he has no obligation to prove anything. That's his constitutional right. It's better for him to raise doubt.

That was considered, however it is impossible to duplicate the identical situation/emotion was why it was not. GZ did not lawyer up, took a poly test, etc. Believe I am right, not 100% in my opinion.

Back to reading, way behind. Thanks to all for your input.

I haven't been able to follow this case as much as some but does anyone know if GZ called 911 to let them know he shot someone?

Those were some big bandages! I thought what kind of bandages are those, I thought they looked strange. When I saw them I thought he was trying to make a "show" of his injuries. A few days ago a poster said those bandages were finger bandages. LOL No wonder they looked strange on his scalp.

You have to remeber that his wife put on those bandages, they could of very well been the only bandages they had in the house that would cover the cuts and stick to his head.
IMO

I have a question. If that's really George's voice, why not submit to testing?
I understand he has no obligation to prove anything. That's his constitutional right. It's better for him to raise doubt.

It is difficult if not impossible to recreate the situation. Due to fear and adrenaline, the scream would not be the same. For instance, if the fastest someone was able to run 100 yards was 12 seconds under normal conditions. They might be able to run 11 secs. if they were chased by an assailant, due to adrenaline and survival instinct. You can't recreate that situation. In emergency situations people are able to demonstrate strength, speed, and sound they are not able to recreate outside of extraordinary events. He would not be able to recreate that sound even if it was his scream on the 911 calls, which would weaken his case.

IMO

I don't believe GZ went out with the intent to kill that night, nor is he a murderer. I do believe he put himself in the situation and is also not telling the truth in all this, I believe he is holding back on what really happened that night. When the State pointed out, and I never saw this until now, when GZ said "I was going back toward him", then changed it to "he was coming towards me". I believe he actually retracted that so he doesn't look "guilty". :twocents: That opened my eyes even more to GZ holding back what really happened and is lying in some instances.

BBM

That was definitely a "hold the phone" moment for me. Another poster posited that when a person is altering a story as he goes along, there will often be some mistakes in body language, comments, etc. as the person tries to speak and act at odds with his memories of the actual event, and the poster pointed out several instances of this in GZ's walkthrough (I wish I could remember the poster's name, because it was an excellent comment). I think GZ's slip of saying "I was going back toward him" is yet another example of him letting some truth slip through in spite of himself.

Attorney West better watch it he is very close to getting a sanction. How many times does the judge have to say "Don't use the word trick."

LOL. I hope he does use it because, IMO, it's accurate. And I'll start the fund to help him pay for the sanctions.

Notice that MOM did not state all the possibilities which includes the altercation stopping and TM letting GZ up and GZ pulling his gun and shooting.
If they were standing up, TM's shirt would not have been away from his body. That's just a fact of gravity. If GZ had pulled TM's shirt away from his body, the trajectory of the bullet wouldn't have lined up from where it entered the hoodie - inner shirt - body. Just simple physics, IMO and testified to in court. So why would MOM argue to something that was physically impossible? IMO< IMO< IMO

I'm biased, admittedly. I am speaking from the perspective of a mother of a black, tall, lanky 15 year old boy that often walks to the store.
My biggest fear right now is the thought of an armed wanna-be profiling my kid and chasing him through the streets of his neighborhood.

I love this post!

I think this is why I refused to admit that the state hadn't proven their case. (I'm not saying that's what you're doing or where your head is at, your post just made me realize what my own hang-up was) Honestly, in the back of my mind, when I found the defense making a good point, I was fighting it.

My son is a year younger than Trayvon was and will probably be about the same size at that age (he's almost there now). He went through a huge jerk phase where he acted out in ways that shocked me. He has turned himself around but I hate to think what others would say about him, people who don't know him, just by his social media or because of the trouble he got into in school. What if this happened to him??

I have a black nephew, who is like a son to me, so that part brings it home too. What if this happened to him?? All of that makes it too personal, personal enough that I couldn't watch this trial with an unbiased eye.

A 17-yo is dead, and there really isn't solid proof that he did anything wrong (we have GZ's 'word' but what does that mean? We have Good's witness account but we all know how unreliable witnesses can be). That's the part I can't wrap my head around. That's why I kept feeling (and still feel, quite honestly) that someone (GZ) needed to pay.

But if I look at this case as it was laid out at trial, solely from the standpoint of the law and evidence or lack-thereof, (which is how the jurors should be looking at it), the prosecution hasn't proven their case. They just haven't.

No matter what my heart says (that GZ shouldn't have gotten out of his car, he shouldn't have followed Trayvon, that because of this, he instigated the whole thing - therefore it's his fault and he should be held accountable), going by the LAW, I wouldn't be able to convict that man. No matter how sad I am that Trayvon (imo, an innocent kid) died, even if I think in my heart that GZ is guilty, the evidence just isn't there.

We can't convict with our hearts. We have to follow the law. And sometimes that means things don't seem "fair". But life isn't fair. And it's not fair to convict a man when there is reasonable doubt.

IMO

a juror was seen flipping thru their notes. Comparing it to the misstated "facts" of the prosecutor perhaps? jmo

I think that's a great sign that the jurors aren't falling for this incredibly loud song and dance. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500