George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
That cuts both ways and this Defense lawyer is doing a lot of supposing..just filling in the evidence....not even logical...

And here we go with the ridiculous thought is that George got on top and moved out TM's hands to the side> All this in the 10 - 15 seconds while TM is conscious - TM still has to roll himself away onto his stomach.

Not working MOM

IMO

Too true, LogicalGirl... I mean in O'Mara's Connect The Dot book, he keeps harping on..,his Dots do not join up...not by a loooonnnggg shot.

<modsnip> IMO

I do wish Mark OM was a bit more forceful in demeanor. I believe Jose Baez won his case for CA because of his likeable personality as Judge Perry described him, and not because of her innocence. Unfortunately jurors can be wrongly swayed by charismatic and "tricky" attorneys. I hope his softspokenness doesn't hurt GZ. I don't believe it will because the facts are on his side. IMO

Because maybe at that point, he did realize it. But I don't think at first he realized he hit him and certainly not that he killed him. OMO

Then why walk away from TM who was beating him up if he didn't think he shot him? He also said after he fired his weapon TM sat up said "you got me" then he didn't know if he pushed TM off or if TM fell over. So, if you know you fired your weapon and the person you fired it at falls over, doesn't that tell you you shot them????? Then he gets on top to see if he has something in his hands and there is no movement but moaning????? REALLY??? where is the logic in that???? He knows he shot him, plain and simple... :twocents:

Does anyone know if there is a time limit on the prosecution's rebuttal closing argument?
Pros had 3 hours total and used about 2 during their closing, so they have about an hour left. :seeya:

Pretty sure they need the official police released version to protect it's authenticity. They can not just unload things off line as evidence.

They would have had knowledge of each and every phone call and had every right to get them from the police like the prosecution did IMO

As of right now, if I was on that jury I would vote not guilty. (remember that I came into this trial not listening to the media so I had not formed an opinion)

I have watched the trial from the beginning and I just don't believe that the state proved beyond a reasonable doubt what they are charging him with.

IMO, of course

I can't believe the animation went from a punch near the "T" to 30 feet down the sidewalk with no explanation. Of course, the most obvious explanation is that the initial confrontation was actually on the dog walk, meaning GZ lied and did follow Trayvon past the "T." MOO.

The timing of the calls/events if I'm not mistaken (based on the timeline he showed them)

Thanks!!! I end up missing bits and pieces because I'm at work and people won't SHUT UP and respect the fact that I'm trying to watch a trial here.

I do wish Mark OM was a bit more forceful in demeanor. I believe Jose Baez won his case for CA because of his likeable personality as Judge Perry described him, and not because of her innocence. Unfortunately jurors can be wrongly swayed by charismatic and "tricky" attorneys. I hope his softspokenness doesn't hurt GZ. I don't believe it will because the facts are on his side. IMO

What I'm gathering is he's trying to appear very calm, thoughtful, to put that image of calm and thoughtful in the jury's head. He's painting a picture of GZ as curious, calm, and watchful rather than running around all breathless. By seeing MOM that way, as he 'requotes' GZ's statements in a calm reflective manner, it puts that in the jury's mind.

IMHO

But under your assumption, consider this scenario. Someone is assaulted (and we don't know who confronted who in this case) and then the assaultee manages to get the upper hand, then they are shot by the assaulter it's ok, because it's self defence. imo

WE know that TM talked to GZ first. HE saw him first and spoke first as per state witness RJ.

Testimony under DIRECT.

WE need proof to convict. GZ is the one with the injuries. GZ was the one under neath TM when neighbor comes out.

FACTS in evidence as per the states CIC.

We know that TM was home when he spoke to RJ and told her so. We know that when she calls him back he is winded and breathing heavy and then he sees GZ again. We know that fight occurs close to GZ says he was waiting for police.
WE know that GZ tells police his story immediately without a lawyer and without knowing there are ear witnesses and thinking there is a video.

As of right now, if I was on that jury I would vote not guilty. (remember that I came into this trial not listening to the media so I had not formed an opinion)

I have watched the trial from the beginning and I just don't believe that the state proved beyond a reasonable doubt what they are charging him with.

IMO, of course

I really don't see him being found guilty. I do fear a hung jury though.

An aside related to this case.. I spoke with my daughter last evening who works in Broward Sherrif;s offc crime lab, and asked her about the police response occuring re: this case. Her husband, works in Coral Springs PD as a SWAT and Sniper officer, as background.. She told me that of last eveining ALL officers including SWAT were on : Stand by" likening it to when they get a hurricane, and that When this jury goes out to deliberate..ALL officers and SWAT are to be on call and arrive @ the police station..She added that this is similar throughout the state and said, that originally theer was to be a 2 hour notice when jury had reached verdict, but somehow it is now 30 minutes, so officers needed to be in place...Is she worried? yes. That's what I know as of 5pm last eveing...I will certainly update if things change... IMO cause I don't know how to link a mom and 29 yr old kids conversation..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greygooose