George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion Thread 9 (For Friday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
GZ's haven't changed their stories, haven't been coached by devious "civil rights" personalities, haven't made a spectacle of themselves in the media, haven't made false statements about the case, they don't seem angry, but seem humble and respectful, weren't manipulated by attorneys with ulterior motives, and no evidence of them participating in witness tampering, no huge settlements/payouts benefiting from the situation. Imo

I really respect your posts and opinions. I was just wondering what has you so firmly convinced in GZ self defense/innocence. I don't know much about this case and you seem well informed. I follow the threads and watch the trial when I can. I haven't formed an opinion yet (unlike in the JA case). I am not being smart or snarky btw. I am genuinely interested in your take on this. :seeya: TIA

I missed this mornings testimony but I noted this reaction from Martin's mother a couple of days ago. 911 call of the screaming, watch Martin's parents. Father has NO expression and Mother really doesn't either. Sorry but if you are hearing your baby screaming for help right before being "murdered" emotion gets expressed. That definitely wasn't Trayvon screaming, IMO.

IMO if you hear something over and over again ad nauseam it produces less of an emotional response than the first few times you heard it. I can imagine that TM's parents have heard that recording many, many times now.

Off to the Diamondbacks vs the Rockies. :) have a safe weekend everyone.

Hiya HF!
I'm not as familiar with the case as most. What you mention has all factually appeared somewhere? I'd like to catch up. TIA

I don't have time to post links to all of it before the thread closes, but it's all out there. TM's family have changed their stories, there was a depo of Rachel/Dee Dee, etc. which took place in TM's home, just all kinds of bizarre stuff. Crump is another dimension to the whole thing imo. Sybrina made a comment about her son being murdered, etc. They were inflaming the public, they got a huge settlement from the HOA. Imo.

I missed this mornings testimony but I noted this reaction from Martin's mother a couple of days ago. 911 call of the screaming, watch Martin's parents. Father has NO expression and Mother really doesn't either. Sorry but if you are hearing your baby screaming for help right before being "murdered" emotion gets expressed. That definitely wasn't Trayvon screaming, IMO.

Watch starting at 1 minute:
GEORGE ZIMMERMAN TRIAL WITNESS JOHN GOOD 6.28.13 PT.7 - YouTube

Mrs Zimmerman showed no emotion on the stand. Is Trayvon's mother on any antidepressants since she lost her son (I am, since losing my son, and it does affect emotion, there is a certain flatness of emotion with the use of those drugs). I think that's why ldt's are not very valid when a person is on those drugs.

First two witnesses for defense were better then all the witnesses for prosecution, except for TM's family which I missed.

I really respect your posts and opinions. I was just wondering what has you so firmly convinced in GZ self defense/innocence. I don't know much about this case and you seem well informed. I follow the threads and watch the trial when I can. I haven't formed an opinion yet (unlike in the JA case). I am not being smart or snarky btw. I am genuinely interested in your take on this. :seeya: TIA

The injuries to his head, TM's past vs. GZ's past,the lack of any evidence that he was not defending himself, the obvious political pressure in the case, many other things. I don't know how anyone can think the state has proven anything. Jmo. Thread is closing. I'll post more on Monday? imo

This Thread is Closing in 3 Minutes for the Weekend

IME, even though judges are elected as non-partisans regarding political parties, this has no bearing on how they preside over criminal court cases.

Judges who are pro-prosecution tend to (IMO) win elections, as well as re-election. Voters tend to elect judges who appear to be "tough on crime".

I wasn't surprised at Judge Nelson's ruling against the defense's motion for a JOA. I fully expected it.

I don't agree with her ruling (based on what I've seem of this trial), but I'm not surprised that she ruled against the JOA.

In my opinion, the states case ended with a big flop.

GZ didnt even recognize his own voice ...

But he knew he screamed for help during the encounter, so it must be him. I don't recognize my own voice either and if it's in a state of high emotion? All the more I don't recognize it. MOO

IMO if you hear something over and over again ad nauseam it produces less of an emotional response than the first few times you heard it. I can imagine that TM's parents have heard that recording many, many times now.

You are absolutely correct. Mental imagery works the same way. Soon after my son's death, when I imagined what it was like when he hit a tree head-on, I had an immediate flush and sense of nausea, rapid heart beat and sweating. It's been almost 10 years now and when I think about it, the response is minimal. I consider it a type of conditioning and so do many other mothers who have lost
a child/children.

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED FOR THE WEEKEND.

DON'T FORGET SHERYL MCCOLLUM TONIGHT 9 PM EASTERN ON TRICIA'S TRUE CRIME RADIO . WE WILL DISCUSS THE DAYS EVENTS.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN.

Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members