George Zimmerman's Injuries #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is that any bullets can kill. There are cases where FMJ (Full Metal Jacket) bullets pass through the intended target, and hit someone else. FMJ bullets are also more likely to ricochet. There are both pros and cons to using hollow point bullets.

I don't agree with hollow points. My opinion. Most LEO's I know kinda dislike them too. Just saying. Yes, bullets can kill. It is my job to do everything in power to make sure that I don't have to use a bullet to kill. I think GZ did the complete opposite.

Most criminals do not have gun permits. They do, however, have guns. That is because they are criminals. Most of them also have criminal records well-beyond court ordered anger management classes. Which, imo, are merely profit centers and a very large joke. And, last but not least, you can't take away someone's constitutional rights if they have been diverted rather than convicted. A problem with our judicial system? Perhaps. Admittedly, the courts are "anger management" happy. And again, my strong personal belief is that is because those programs make money rather than spend it on trials in cases that aren't worth trying and/or which the State can't win. jmo

This man should have never had a gun. He endangered the lives of others by following TM. If TM was nothing more than scared and felt GZ was a threat because of the way he was acting, a confrontation was inevitable. GZ not only risked injury to himself but also to anyone who was within gunshot range. The fight could have caused a stray bullet to kill a child walking their dog, someone eating dinner at their kitchen table, an LE officer responding to the call. GZ has no reasonable explanation for following TM. None. He used poor judgment and did not consider the risks to others.

I would think gun owners would try to avoid situations involving a conflict rather than to seek one out, which is what GZ did. He had a choice and advice from LE and chose to ignore both. His behavior was reckless and I just can not imagine what he hoped to accomplish.

While it may not be against the law, approaching someone in the dark after following them continually with your car and then pursing them on foot is asking for trouble. It puts the person being followed in a state of fear. GZ had no right instilling that fear in another person. Now think about it even if you do carry a weapon, how would you feel if someone were to follow you in the dark and not identify themselves. Bet the gun owners would have that gun out. I would not like to be followed in the dark myself, or the light, or anytime. To me I would feel threatened. jmo

Most criminals do not have gun permits. They do, however, have guns. That is because they are criminals. Most of them also have criminal records well-beyond court ordered anger management classes. Which, imo, are merely profit centers and a very large joke. And, last but not least, you can't take away someone's constitutional rights if they have been diverted rather than convicted. A problem with our judicial system? Perhaps. Admittedly, the courts are "anger management" happy. And again, my strong personal belief is that is because those programs make money rather than spend it on trials in cases that aren't worth trying and/or which the State can't win. jmo

I agree about the anger management as it did not seem to help GZ. Also had there not been the course to turn to IMO GZ would have had a felony charge on his record. jmo

Well thats not entirely true. Here is what Florida says:

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/firearms/misdemeanor_crime_of_violence_not_including_domestic_violence.html

So it appears that GZ was well within his rights to hold a CCW permit.

We can debate is the law should be changed, but that is what the law is right now.

I thought we were talking about felony crimes, such as striking, pushing, hitting, interferring with a police officer.

HEY.....I think I'm in the wrong thread. lol

This man should have never had a gun. He endangered the lives of others by following TM. If TM was nothing more than scared and felt GZ was a threat because of the way he was acting, a confrontation was inevitable. GZ not only risked injury to himself but also to anyone who was within gunshot range. The fight could have caused a stray bullet to kill a child walking their dog, someone eating dinner at their kitchen table, an LE officer responding to the call. GZ has no reasonable explanation for following TM. None. He used poor judgment and did not consider the risks to others.

I would think gun owners would try to avoid situations involving a conflict rather than to seek one out, which is what GZ did. He had a choice and advice from LE and chose to ignore both. His behavior was reckless and I just can not imagine what he hoped to accomplish.

While it may not be against the law, approaching someone in the dark after following them continually with your car and then pursing them on foot is asking for trouble. It puts the person being followed in a state of fear. GZ had no right instilling that fear in another person. Now think about it even if you do carry a weapon, how would you feel if someone were to follow you in the dark and not identify themselves. Bet the gun owners would have that gun out. I would not like to be followed in the dark myself, or the light, or anytime. To me I would feel threatened. jmo

Without getting into the merits of the case, the point of my posts was that it is an aberration that doesn't change my world view about who presents a greater threat to society. This case is "sexy" because it involves a whole lot of button-pushing factors that make it very high profile. However, it does not involve the typical situation that we, imo, should be far more concerned with. This case is "interesting." It's the thousands upon thousands of others that are less interesting, but much scarier, that I am concerned with. That's all I was trying to say.

I agree about the anger management as it did not seem to help GZ. Also had there not been the course to turn to IMO GZ would have had a felony charge on his record. jmo

After a trial and if he was convicted. The fact that the state offered a plea down to a misdemeanor from two felonies indicates they did not feel they had a strong case.

Without getting into the merits of the case, the point of my posts was that it is an aberration that doesn't change my world view about who presents a greater threat to society. This case is "sexy" because it involves a whole lot of button-pushing factors that make it very high profile. However, it does not involve the typical situation that we, imo, should be far more concerned with. This case is "interesting." It's the thousands upon thousands of others that are less interesting, but much scarier, that I am concerned with. That's all I was trying to say.

:goodpost:

:waitasec: I'm confused. So, you think if there was $$ received from the "bloody head picture", it was donated? To whom? The defense fund?

I believe GZ (or someone on his behalf) received $ from the bloody head shot and the pictures from his youth. There were only 54 donors to the website. I think ABC was one of the huge "donors." :moo:

BBM - just because some have an opinion one way or the other, doesn't mean they should be labeled here at WS. IMO - this is not a pro/con forum, it's a victim's forum.

The autopsy should should show whether there were defensive wounds or not. According to the lead investigator, GZ's injuries were not consistent with his story (stories).

And IMO, the picture is not consistent with GZ's claimed injuries.

It must be hard living one's life in constant fear. jmo
Exactly! I forced my husband to give up his gun and thankfully he chose me over his gun!!!

That is good to know. So the next time I see someone with a weapon I should fear for my life if I accidently tick them off. lol

I think what we will find from this case is that both GZ and TM felt their life was threatened and only GZ had a gun so that means he wins. jmo
That's exactly why Open Carry was banned in California for handguns, and now they're aiming to ban Open Carry for Rifles and other long guns too!

I can see that on one hand, but I could also see not mentioning the EXIT wound, as it was a given. I mean lets be honest, he stated that he so NO wounds on TM at all. He didn't say "except the gaping hole in his chest", as it was a given. The autopsy should be quite revealing.

Hollow point bullets often do not exit the target so therefore they are considered safer to bystanders. They do the most damage and increase blood loss. I know that some say that they are more efficient in a self-defense situation, but I would never use them. IIRC, it was a hollow point bullet which hit President Reagan. I could be wrong on that, though. President Reagan survived by skilled doctors and the grace of God.

We do not buy or load hollow points, nor do we personally know anyone who does. Yes, we are well able to shoot to kill, it would still be very difficult for me to do so....and I would never follow someone with my weapon because I did not like the way they look.

Not to make light of the conversation, but one year my husband gave me a cold Colt .38 Detective Special for Valentines day. The next year I got Hydro-shok bullets. One friend from Virginia said well it is Texas so I guess it must be true love.

I was "uncomfortable" when Texas made carrying a concealed weapon legal because of my fear that many would use it as an excuse to justify their own bad behavior, poor judgement and impulse control.

I would not go after someone with a gun, but if they come after my children or broke into my home to harm us, then I would use deadly force.

I would not shoot to kill if they were stealing something. Those things can be replaced (isn't that what I pay insurance for?) and if the thief stopped when he saw my weapon then to me the threat is over and I call the police.

We only have Zimmerman's account of him pulling his weapon after being attacked, but what if he did already had it out to use to intimidate Trayvon?

I think George Zimmerman realized just how badly he screwed up when he shot Trayvon Martin and has been in the cover his *advertiser censored* mode since.

I don't know if this is true or not, but in the state where I live it is said that if you shoot someone, be sure to drag them into your house as you will be in trouble if you shoot them outside. I hope I never am in a position to have to shoot someone but if they invaded my house and were a threat to my life, I would shoot. I just don't think Zimmerman's life was in danger. In fact, I think it was Martin's life which was at risk and subsequent events bear this out.

How do you feel when you leave the gun at home????

I've already told you I don't carry.

I don't choose to.

But my husband does. And we keep a gun in our bedroom.

Protection.

I have had a situation on a hotel when I WISHED I was armed.
Man I'm the hall. Roughing up his wife. Their 4 year old screamed and as I poked my head out the door, I saw him hit the child in her face. HARD.

I screamed for the mom and child to come in my room. They made it. As I tried to shut the door, the man put his body between the door and the frame. I was pumped up on adrenaline and held the door tight to his body while screaming for help. I even got a few slams of the door against his chest in.
I'll never forget the look on his eyes.

Had he gotten into my room, four females (30's me, 20's the mom, 13 my DD, and 4 his baby) would have been at major risk.
And I wouldn't have thought twice about blowing his arse away.

But I had nothing. Not a great situation to be in.

I've already told you I don't carry.

I don't choose to.

But my husband does. And we keep a gun in our bedroom.

Protection.

I have had a situation on a hotel when I WISHED I was armed.
Man I'm the hall. Roughing up his wife. Their 4 year old screamed and as I poked my head out the door, I saw him hit the child in her face. HARD.

I screamed for the mom and child to come in my room. They made it. As I tried to shut the door, the man put his body between the door and the frame. I was pumped up on adrenaline and held the door tight to his body while screaming for help. I even got a few slams of the door against his chest in.
I'll never forget the look on his eyes.

Had he gotten into my room, four females (30's me, 20's the mom, 13 my DD, and 4 his baby) would have been at major risk.
And I wouldn't have thought twice about blowing his arse away.

But I had nothing. Not a great situation to be in.

OMG how did it end. You can't leave us hanging like that.

Ok, lets try to get back on topic here, its about GZ's injuries.

You can start new threads on different topics if you would like to discuss other things. I know I'm just as much at fault sorry about that.

:tyou:

OMG how did it end. You can't leave us hanging like that.

All the commotion brought others out into the hall. He ran. Jumped into a red car and drove away.

Security came. Changed the lady's room.
Of course they had no other rooms to move my family :eek:

When my husband got back (he had been to the store) he was livid. I can't tell you what he said would have happened had he been there.

And this was our first night for a 4 day tournament. I was scared chitless the first night.
Security walked me out each time I had to smoke.

Sad part is, she most likely went right back to him. That child is most likely still being abused.
She didn't want to press charges.

After it was over, I felt really stupid. It was very risky to do that.

But, I could not stand there and just do nothing after seeing that baby hit the way she was.

He's lucky I didn't have a gun and thy my husband was at the store.

***sorry Imma Be!

Its ok Kimberly, I was hoping you wouldn't leave us hanging, very scarey! :hug:

ok now lets get back on topic everyone.

Ima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics