Gerard Baden Clay's murder appeal #2

Good morning everyone.

This seems a quick decision by the High Court.

Perhaps it means the decision was clear cut to them and they didn't have to ponder too long about it. I think they will reinstate the murder verdict on the basis there was sufficient evidence for the jury to find he murdered Allison even if it was a spur of the moment act rather than planned. His post offence conduct is very strong circumstantial evidence that he was covering up an intent to either kill her or inflict grievous bodily harm that resulted in her death.

I will be interested in their comments about the raising of a hypothetical situation that was never raised in a defence. I have thought that as a purely hypothetical argument it would be ok as they weren't making any admissions that is actually what did happen.

So not much longer to wait.

I certainly hope you are right Alioop.

Thinking of the Dickies and their and Alison's extended family and friends today.

Good morning everyone.

This seems a quick decision by the High Court.

Perhaps it means the decision was clear cut to them and they didn't have to ponder too long about it. I think they will reinstate the murder verdict on the basis there was sufficient evidence for the jury to find he murdered Allison even if it was a spur of the moment act rather than planned. His post offence conduct is very strong circumstantial evidence that he was covering up an intent to either kill her or inflict grievous bodily harm that resulted in her death.

I will be interested in their comments about the raising of a hypothetical situation that was never raised in a defence. I have thought that as a purely hypothetical argument it would be ok as they weren't making any admissions that is actually what did happen.

So not much longer to wait.

Hi Ali!! Great to see you here, and so many familiar 'faces'! Feels like coming home. :grouphug:

Please, please let there finally be justice for Allison and her family.

Thinking of Allison, her beautiful girls, the Dickies, her family & friends. :heartbeat:

What a :rollercoaster: ride this has been !!
I want to say how comforting it has been to share our ‘convictions’ via our posts.

Don’t know about everyone else, but my feeling is that the contributions by everyone have afforded me the opportunity to expand on knowledge and discern what might be the true facts.

‘Hold tight’ all, as we prepare once more ………….

I want to say how comforting it has been to share our ‘convictions’ via our posts.

Don’t know about everyone else, but my feeling is that the contributions by everyone have afforded me the opportunity to expand on knowledge and discern what might be the true facts.

‘Hold tight’ all, as we prepare once more ………….

I totally agree Couldbe, we have had such wonderful intelligent knowledgeable people on here :loveyou:

Love & prayers to Dickie family & all Allison's family & friends who love her. Clearly an incredibly special human being for whom we all await justice.
A difficult day for her family. We here are all upholding you.
RIP Allison
Justice for Allison
[emoji955][emoji93][emoji169][emoji169][emoji169]

Hi Ali!! Great to see you here, and so many familiar 'faces'! Feels like coming home. :grouphug:

Please, please let there finally be justice for Allison and her family.

It's funny thinking back to those times in the case when things were breaking and tidbits were been drip fed through the media. I remember nearly losing my mind at trying to keep up with the threads because they moved so fast...our little family knows how to talk hehe :gathering:

Almost :popcorn: time!!

Here for Allison and her loved ones.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Ebony CavallaroVerified account ‏@ebonycavallaro [video=twitter;770764498885947392]https://twitter.com/ebonycavallaro/status/770764498885947392[/video] Two of Alison's best friends have just arrived at high court ahead of today's crucial decision @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD [video=twitter;770765078417125376]https://twitter.com/TheMurrayD/status/770765078417125376[/video] Senior defence lawyer says Gerard Baden-Clay could expect 12 to 14 yrs jail if it's manslaughter, to serve at least 80 percent @couriermail

Seeing Mrs Dickie pleading for Allison to be found before her body was located still breaks my heart.

:bump:from #870

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...72ac71e2e1fbe6

Gerard Baden-Clay case in High Court listing
David MurrayThe Courier-Mail

Special leave to appeal is granted only rarely...
The Queensland Law Society immediately released a statement headlined: “QLS supports decision of the High Court in Baden-Clay ruling.”
“Those judges are ably assisted by exceptional and highly ethical solicitors and barristers, and the community can be confident that this decision represents the best interpretation of the law, unaffected by bias or the relentless press of the 24/7 media cycle,” law society president Bill Potts said...

Here we are again for this very important decision today. :grouphug:

Waiting in anticipation for the verdict. If it's not back to murder then I'll be devastated. She fought for her life and scratched his face as he strangled or smothered her. He kept on going, he killed her! Justice must prevail!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back