Found Alive Germany - Maria-Brigitte Henselmann, 13, Freiburg, 4 May 2013

Figtree, I think police must be pretty certain she is with Haase (though I can't get seem to find more details anywhere) because the Freiburg prosecutor has issued a warrant for his arrest.

Elainera, I know what you're saying, but I don't think it's possible to use initials only in the case of a missing person?

At last. Some details.

He's visited Freiberg (Maria's home town) several times and has rented an apartment locally. Maria told mom she was going to stay with a friend at the weekend, packed some things and left. Mom was suspicious because she has been aware of the relationship for a long time. Reported her missing Monday when Maria failed to turn up for school and Haase missed work.

Haase is thought to be driving a Skoda Octavia 2004 estate.

Translated:
http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...=30&client=safari&sa=N&hl=en&biw=1024&bih=644

At last. Some details.

He's visited Freiberg (Maria's home town) several times and has rented an apartment locally. Maria told mom she was going to stay with a friend at the weekend, packed some things and left. Mom was suspicious because she has been aware of the relationship for a long time. Reported her missing Monday when Maria failed to turn up for school and Haase missed work.

Haase is thought to be driving a Skoda Octavia 2004 estate.

Translated:
http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...=30&client=safari&sa=N&hl=en&biw=1024&bih=644

Her parents are seperated - would that explain why mom reported her missing so late? Is it normal nowadays to let your 13 y/o stay somewhere else over the weekend and only realize she is missing on Monday when she does not come home from school? I think it's odd. Or did mom think she went to father's place?

LE says they have more than 50 leads so far.

Figtree, I think police must be pretty certain she is with Haase (though I can't get seem to find more details anywhere) because the Freiburg prosecutor has issued a warrant for his arrest.

Elainera, I know what you're saying, but I don't think it's possible to use initials only in the case of a missing person?

You're right (re the name).

Her parents are seperated - would that explain why mom reported her missing so late? Is it normal nowadays to let your 13 y/o stay somewhere else over the weekend and only realize she is missing on Monday when she does not come home from school? I think it's odd. Or did mom think she went to father's place?

LE says they have more than 50 leads so far.

Whoops, that's my bad! Mom reported her missing Sunday. Night, I guess, when she called the friend because she was suspicious? It's not clear when Maria left though, and if mom was so suspicious, I'm a little surprised she didn't call Maria's friend and check out the arrangement before Maria left.

There is a link in the header thread to an English Facebook Page

There is another Facebook thread that has been set up by Maria's family (mother) - it is in German.
The translator by Bing seems to work well and the posts and reply's are repeated in English underneath each post - they are a fairly decent translation:

The German Facebook Page is here:
https://www.facebook.com/bitte.findet.maria

There is a poster which which has been made which shows the exact model of Bernhard Haase's Grey Skoda vehicle - it is a Station Wagon.
Another poster shows 3 more photo's of Maria
and 2 photos of Bernhard Haase - one without facial hair & glasses.

Attachments

• M Henselmann Poster Photos 1.jpg
    M Henselmann Poster Photos 1.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 64
  • M Henselmann Poster Photos 2.jpg
    M Henselmann Poster Photos 2.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 56
That's good that at least there is a pic of the car. A balding, middle aged man isn't going to stick out much in Germany. Maria will, but I'm sure he will have her ensconced in a little wohnung (apartment) somewhere by now.

I've just spent ages looking at apartments to rent (English language option) here:
http://www.wg-gesucht.de/en/1-zimmer-wohnungen-in-Freiburg.43.1.1.0.html

Records go back years, people put their names or initials on the ads, so I was hoping to find ads from when Haase supposedly rented an apartment in Maria's town. If he wanted to entertain a young girl, he wouldn't have risked a hotel or room in someone's house. No luck though. The other popular way to rent here is by looking at small ads in the freesheets that every town has.

Anyway, I'm not convinced. With the best sleuthing skills I could manage, it was a nightmare when I tried to rent an apartment temporarily, for just 6 months. 5, 10 years is the norm. Cost me an arm and a leg too. If Haase was in full time employment, with a family to support, in a job that wouldn't pay that much - would he really have rented an apartment for 6 months or a year, when he would only have been able to stay in it for the odd occasion or two?

The other thing that bugs me - I believe that photo of him with the glasses is a police mugshot from 2010. What did he do?

The other thing that bothers me - there are some really odd comments popping up out there, about how Maria left of her own free will and publishing Haase's photo could ruin his life, etc.!! How she looks 'old enough'. How the police should get in trouble because he has a right to privacy...!!

Tough. That is what you get for running off with a 13-year-old child, imo. And don't forget, this had been going on for a year supposedly. So that would have made Maria all of 12 years old.

I wouldn't be surprised if those comments are from him - apparently he frequents a lot of chat rooms.

And even if Maria did have problems at home (most teenagers do) I am absolutely certain they won't be solved by her being taken away by a married man who is old enough to be her grandfather and who seems more than a little dodgy.

Oh, how I wish I could write that in coherent German in reply to some of the nonsense I've seen out there.

At last. Some details.
Hi zwiebel,
you posted a link to an online news article, http://www.morgenweb.de/nachrichten/sudwest/13-jahrige-verzweifelt-gesucht-1.1029280 and even though I put it into translation, I wasn't sure about the text - in German in reads
""Laut der Auskunft einer Freundin hat er Maria-Brigitte auch schon von der Schule abgeholt", so Riske."
in English the translation is:
"According to the information he has a girlfriend Maria Brigitte also been picked up from school," said Riske.

I wasn't sure if the article was saying that he has picked her up from school on occasions before she went missing.
If anyone could translate the German correctly, that would be greatly appreciated.

The other thing that bugs me - I believe that photo of him with the glasses is a police mugshot from 2010. What did he do?
I also wondered where the photo was from - I thought it was possibly a drivers license photo or a work card photo - something like that.

The other thing that bothers me - there are some really odd comments popping up out there, about how Maria left of her own free will and publishing Haase's photo could ruin his life, etc.!! How she looks 'old enough'. How the police should get in trouble because he has a right to privacy...!!
Yes, at the moment I too am finding it difficult to find specifics such as you mentioned - both for Maria and for Haase. Also background information regarding their disappearance is broadly painted and not very specific. She has been missing 6 days now.

Lets hope there is some breakthrough news soon.

Hi zwiebel,
you posted a link to an online news article, http://www.morgenweb.de/nachrichten/sudwest/13-jahrige-verzweifelt-gesucht-1.1029280 and even though I put it into translation, I wasn't sure about the text - in German in reads
""Laut der Auskunft einer Freundin hat er Maria-Brigitte auch schon von der Schule abgeholt", so Riske."
in English the translation is:
"According to the information he has a girlfriend Maria Brigitte also been picked up from school," said Riske.

I wasn't sure if the article was saying that he has picked her up from school on occasions before she went missing.
If anyone could translate the German correctly, that would be greatly appreciated.

I also wondered where the photo was from - I thought it was possibly a drivers license photo or a work card photo - something like that.

Yes, at the moment I too am finding it difficult to find specifics such as you mentioned - both for Maria and for Haase. Also background information regarding their disappearance is broadly painted and not very specific. She has been missing 6 days now.

Lets hope there is some breakthrough news soon.

Translation of the bolded part:

According to a friend, he had also (on occasion) picked Maria-Brigitte up after school, says Riske.

Respectfully snipped.

Yes, you are absolutely right with your translation.

"According to a friend (*), he has picked Maria up from school before."

(*) Friend of Maria's, I assume.

I'm about an hour away from where she went missing, across the border in Switzerland. I did hear about it here on WS first, but the media here have picked it up now.

For him to take her to Switzerland would be stupid, considering it's the most expensive of the surrounding countries. As has been mentioned, Freiburg is also close to France, Liechtenstein (where nobody would hide, imo), and Austria. They are all within less than one to about three/four hours drives. And yes, borders are open. So if he took her out of the country before she was reported missing, they could be all over Europe, basically.

Do we know how they met on the internet? She must have been around 12, or even 11, when they met. I'll just keep my mouth shut about how I feel about that.

I hope Mr. Haase realizes that he needs to do the right thing and take this child home to her parents.

http://www.rtl.de/cms/news/rtl-aktu...-bernhard-haase-53-2e621-51ca-34-1500836.html

Haases 24-jährige Stieftochter sagte dem gleichen Blatt: "Er sagte ganz offen, dass er Maria liebe. Und Sie sagte uns am Telefon dasselbe: Sie ließ sich ihre Gefühle nicht ausreden."

Translation:

Haase's 24-year old stepdaughter told the same newspaper: "He said openly that he loved Maria. And she told us the same on the phone: she wouldn't let us talk her out of her feelings."

I can't even... ugh. They tried to talk a little girl out of her feelings? Like she was somehow the responsible one? That's just, wtf.

I have got to agree. It wasn't Maria who needed a serious talking to, preferably by the police, in my opinion.

Elainera said:
Translation of the bolded part:
According to a friend, he had also (on occasion) picked Maria-Brigitte up after school, says Riske.

Yes, you are absolutely right with your translation.
"According to a friend (*), he has picked Maria up from school before."
(*) Friend of Maria's, I assume.

Thankyou Elainera and Jareau for the help with the translations above.

It then makes me wonder if Haause had been picking her up from school: If her parents knew, and did they approve of this?
Why was this not stopped? or at least if it was not known to the Parents, why did no one say anything to the Parents? It seems then that there was at least one person who knew this was happening - the person who reported it.

Jareau said:
Translation:
Haase's 24-year old stepdaughter told the same newspaper: "He said openly that he loved Maria. And she told us the same on the phone: she wouldn't let us talk her out of her feelings."

On this note... I get the impression that Maria was more than just acquainted with Haause's family to the extent that they were able to talk about how Maria felt about Haause and that how Haause felt about Maria.

I'm alarmed that the relationship came anywhere near this point without some form of intervention! - by either Maria's parents or Haause's step-daughter.

Was Haause's relationship becoming too familiar to those close who knew them? Did he manipulate those people around Maria in some way to make his advances and actions justified or seem as if it was OK?
It was not ok!

Jareau said:
For him to take her to Switzerland would be stupid, considering it's the most expensive of the surrounding countries. As has been mentioned, Freiburg is also close to France, Liechtenstein (where nobody would hide, imo), and Austria. They are all within less than one to about three/four hours drives. And yes, borders are open. So if he took her out of the country before she was reported missing, they could be all over Europe, basically.
When I read the Facebook just a while ago the post said that this would be the 9th night Maria had not come home. I am thinking the same as you - that there are many places they could now be - and very far away. I am thinking they may have gone North (opposite to the assumed direction) if he was wanting to disappear with her. But there seems to be little coverage and update on this - and almost none in English.

There is a wordpress Missing Poster page for Maria & Haause that has the option for those who can translate the wording into a different language - it has not been done in English as yet. Maybe someone with the skill could translate it? (If it hasnt already been done)
I got the link off the Facebook page - the Poster is here:
https://mariasuche.wordpress.com/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500