Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #3

I'll put it on the other thread as well, maybe CB is not the one why else would OG need this funding?

They could be gearing up for a trial with CB as the accused.

But the witnesses and evidence we have seen so far in the current trial makes me think this would be very unlikely.

Remember that this funding is just a line in a spreadsheet to allocate the costs of this particular investigation to a different source. And it's a small number. Enough to keep the lights on.

If this funding were pulled, the Met would still obviously have to act in it's liaison role. So IMO there is nothing significant or unexpected here.

Thursday, May 2d:
*Trial continues (Day 13) (@ 9am CET) – Germany/Portugal - Hazel Behan (20 @ time/now 40) (in her home, June 16, 2004, Praia de Rocha on the Algarve coast, 10 miles from Praia de Luz, Portimao, Portugal) - *Christian Stefan Brückner (Bruekner) (27 @ time of 1st crime (2004)/45/now 47) charged (Oct. 11, 2022) with sexual assault (suspect held a knife & brutally raped her. The accused then tied & gagged the woman to a table & raped her again. He then whipped the victim on the back with a whip he had brought with him & finally forcibly performed oral sex with the victim. The accused filmed large parts of the events with a video camera he had brought with him). Braunschweig Regional District Court
Germany/Portugal – *Charged (Oct. 11, 2022) & arrest warrant reinstated 11/18/22 - a 14 year old teenager (unknown victim) (on tape: assaulted/hit the naked girl with a whip. Said to have brutally forced the girl to have oral sex. The accused also videotaped this act). Took place between Dec. 28, 2000 to April 8, 2006 on the Praia da Luz, Algarve coast, Portugal.
Germany/Portugal - *Charged (Oct. 11, 2022) & arrest warrant reinstated 11/18/22 - an elderly woman 70-80 yrs old (unknown victim) a Tour Rep (tied up & raped the victim in her holiday apt. He then hit the victim several times with a whip. The accused is said to have recorded the entire event with a video camera). Took place around the same time (between Dec. 28, 2000 to April 8, 2006) on the Praia de Luz, Algarve coast, Portugal.
Germany/Portugal – *Charged (Oct. 11, 2022) & arrest warrant reinstated 11/18/22 - 10 year old German girl (Joana E.) (wearing only shoes & otherwise naked. He grabbed the child's wrist & began to perform masturbation movements on his naked penis). On Salema (Zalema) beach, near Praia de Luz, Portugal, April 7, 2007).
Germany/Portugal – *Charged (Oct. 11, 2022) & arrest warrant reinstated 11/18/22 – Ines VP (11 year old Portuguese girl) (pulled down his trousers & underpants & made masturbation movements on his naked penis in order to sexually arouse himself, until the frightened girl ran to her father for help. The suspect was arrested on the spot by the Portuguese police). Exposed himself in playpark, São Bartolomeu de Messines, June 11, 2017).
Trial began on February 16, 2024. (And continued on Feb. 23rd, Mar. 1st & 14th, Apr. 2nd, 10th, 12th, 17th, 19th, 24th & 26th).
Trial dates: May 2, 3, 8, 15, 16, 17, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, June 4, 5, 6, 25, 26, July 5, August 5, 15, 16, Sept. 5, 26, 27, Oct. 2, 7, 8, 21 & Oct. 22, 2024. (Expected to last up to 8 months, it was 3 months).
Presiding Judge Dr. Engemann. Lead Prosecutor Ute Lindermann. Defense attorneys Dr. Friedrich Fülscher, Philipp Marquort, Dennis Bock & Atilla Aykac.
Brueckner is currently serving a 7 year sentence for the 2005 rape on a pensioner; was sentenced in 2019. Release 2026.

Case info & charges & Brueckner info from June 1, 2020 thru Jan. 18, 2024 & Trial Day 1-11 (Feb. 16 thru April 24) reference post #322 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...imes-praia-de-rocha-portugal-3.708597/page-17

April 26, 2024 Friday, Trial Day 12: Witness: The man (no name given) held the defendant in a playground in 2017 until he was arrested by the police. During a party, two girls between the ages of ten & eleven came to him & reported about a man showing his genitals, said the 52-year-old, who was questioned by the Braunschweig regional court on Friday via video link from Portugal. This is the only witness that I could find...
For more info see posts #393 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...imes-praia-de-rocha-portugal-3.708597/page-18
Trial continues on Thursday, May 2, 2024 @ 9am.

I'll put it on the other thread as well, maybe CB is not the one why else would OG need this funding?

But the witnesses and evidence we have seen so far in the current trial makes me think this would be very unlikely.
Remember that this funding is just a line in a spreadsheet to allocate the costs of this particular investigation to a different source. And it's a small number. Enough to keep the lights on.

If this funding were pulled, the Met would still obviously have to act in it's liaison role. So IMO there is nothing significant or unexpected here.
its just that it’s double the last approval.

its just that it’s double the last approval.

There is a trial on

That's a decent piece of reporting from the Mirror. Well done, Martin Fricker. Also confirms that Mark Draycott will be there in person.

Seems to confirm one thing. In the 6 years of Operation Grange, they never developed CB as a suspect. Remember how much we heard about how they were carefully eliminating all the suspects ...

Seems to confirm one thing. In the 6 years of Operation Grange, they never developed CB as a suspect. Remember how much we heard about how they were carefully eliminating all the suspects ...
Also there was no active investigation with a answer phone as contact.

So it's basically been confirmed that HeB contacted OG about MM, nothing in the article related to the present trials, what was the point of having him as a witness, is there more that's not allowed to be reported, I mean his testimony was this morning, he flew all that way for a couple of hours, seriously? No wonder they need £192,000 .

The witness (HB) has not been discredited based on what I am reading. And the defence's tactics to find out more about the MM case have also failed.
The thing is surely he'd have told them because it's an on going investigation he wouldn't talk about it before agreeing to attend.

The thing is surely he'd have told them because it's an on going investigation he wouldn't talk about it before agreeing to attend.
So what's the point?! Can we link to the Sun? I don't remember which ones are off limit. He confirmed HB did not get anything out of this, he confirmed that HB had contacted the McCann Pi Edgar in 2009 giving them a Spanish mobile number but they never called him back. He also confirmed that HB told him he had seen a video of CB raping an elderly woman wearing goggles.

The witness (HB) has not been discredited based on what I am reading. And the defence's tactics to find out more about the MM case have also failed.

Yes, so a good result as far as HeB's credibility goes. That's another box ticked for the prosecution. That's all we should care about, that the trial is proceeding in a unbiased and above board fashion. How all this will impact the conclusion remains to be seen but at least we can know that the court is doing the thorough checking business it's there to do.

I doubt the defence ever hoped/believed that an OG police witness was likely to open up in court on its own MM investigation. Apart from it having nothing whatsoever to do with this trial, it's just not done and the Defence, being neither naive nor stupid, would know that.

Last edited:
Yes, so a good result as far as HeB's credibility goes. That's another box ticked for the prosecution.

I think the defence will try to find differences between what he said in court in 2019, 2024, and what he told officers in 2017 - as that is his very first of the story. So we might not be able to say how it's gone without the exact statements to compare.

I think the defence will try to find differences between what he said in court in 2019, 2024, and what he told officers in 2017 - as that is his very first of the story. So we might not be able to say how it's gone without the exact statements to compare.

And they may well do and if they do, then that's also good and the defence doing its equally thorough job. All I'm saying is that Mark Draycott has confirmed a number of things that show HeB in a better light than he may have been previously seen in.

Last edited:
And they may well do and if they do, then that's also good and the defence doing its job. All I'm saying is that Mark Draycott has confirmed a number of things that show HeB in a better light than he may have been previously seen in.

There is bound to be differences over the years - the court will make allowances IMO

The main thing is that he has been broadly consistent, and told his story before he could ever have known anything about DM

There is bound to be differences over the years - the court will make allowances IMO

The main thing is that he has been broadly consistent, and told his story before he could ever have known anything about DM

Exactly that.

He was called as a witness therefore he had no option but to attend. The miscalculation is with CB's defence team who neither learned anything or disrupted any future presumptive investigation into other cases; while confirming at a stroke the witness testimony they sought to discredit. A very disappointing, amateurish endeavour in my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back