Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #3

HeB was on the 5th floor. I wondered did he climb up there? But not sure if this was a factor in the DM case. I am guessing this is why they've led the burglary evidence, which on it's face has nothing much to do with the HeB case, but perhaps they are trying to tie the climbing to a higher floor as an unusual element - where he was proficient.

I agree generic masking wouldn't be enough - there needs to be a strong similarity in the style

The news reporting doesn't really address these details unfortunately
You could be right on establishing CB as “the climber” puts him in a much smaller group of people who could be responsible for the crime.

Yes but we don’t know when the alleged British victim was attacked. He lived at the farmhouse from 2000 to 2006.

I’m not sure that this matters though. To convict CB for HaB crime, there has to be a strong connection from DM to HaB. He was convicted for DM on forensic evidence.

There are some similarities - filming, forensic mitigation but there are also some big differences - description of the offender, age of the victim, length of the crime.

The age of the victim has nothing to do with it.

It is the availability and vulnerability of those attacked and the power wielded by the attacker who decides the sequence of events and how far he decides to go.
My opinion

The age of the victim has nothing to do with it.

It is the availability and vulnerability of those attacked and the power wielded by the attacker who decides the sequence of events and how far he decides to go.
My opinion
It does because it is inconsistent with the proven crime and the alleged crime.

There are very significant differences between the actual crime of rape too. In the DM case, the attacker was sexually unaroused and the actual rape was very brief. HaB was raped several times over an extended time frame.

These are all factual differences that do not support a consistent MO.

CB is a vile criminal but he hasn’t been convicted yet. HaB’s account is harrowing but she is identifying CB by his eyes. She thinks it’s him, I’m sure she hopes it’s him but does the evidence confirm it?

Interpretation of the evidence is entirely in the hands of the judges who are privy to all of it.
HB's role is to present her evidence to the court where it will be evaluated.
My opinion

Most of the reports say first floor

This is why i find it largely pointless to try to follow the case.

Might as well just wait for the verdict which will review the evidence in detail.

For instance, we've heard that the attacker knew the victims name and that CB had been to that apartment before. These seem quite crucial details but we have little idea of the context.

Might as well just wait for the verdict which will review the evidence in detail.

For instance, we've heard that the attacker knew the victims name and that CB had been to that apartment before. These seem quite crucial details but we have little idea of the context.
Have the witnesses been heard in ref to knowing the apartment?

It does because it is inconsistent with the proven crime and the alleged crime.

There are very significant differences between the actual crime of rape too. In the DM case, the attacker was sexually unaroused and the actual rape was very brief. HaB was raped several times over an extended time frame.

These are all factual differences that do not support a consistent MO.

CB is standing trial on five separate indictments for offences against women whose ages cover a wide range.
Put together these epitomise the versatility of a consummate sexual predator. Presently the prosecution have only the evidence and not the proof.

With reference to proven crimes, these too cover a wide spectrum of age and physical severity.

In retrospect HB deduced that her assailant had been stalking her. I would agree with that possibility.

I also agree that we are best to wait for the case to proceed to its conclusion rather than second guessing past history.
The German court system isn't compatible to working it out as the case progresses.
My opinion

In retrospect HB deduced that her assailant had been stalking her. I would agree with that possibility.

I also agree that we are best to wait for the case to proceed to its conclusion rather than second guessing past history.
The German court system isn't compatible to working it out as the case progresses.
My opinion

BBM

I am not sure why you say this. Coverage is not much different from the UK. There is no live streaming, so we are 100% dependent on journalists who attend, and how much they are prepared to do.

There really are not many cases where you are going to get the proceedings live blogged in any detail. My suspicion is the UK tabloid journalists in attendance struggle with the proceedings being in German and perhaps there just isn't that much interest in this case.

There's an article behind a paywall which is telling a much different story.

Christian B .: Ex-friend thinks Hazel B. is a liar​

Braunschweig. Hazel B. identifies Christian B. based on his eyes. Your ex-boyfriend doubts the witness's credibility.

There's an article behind a paywall which is telling a much different story.

I've just read that. It's an odd thing for the ex-boyfriend to make up? Why would he do that? Also odd, the issue of HaB not being able to clarify whether she had sex with the ex before or after the rape, and I presume that's in the context of the relatively short timeline - that evening, night and her hospital visit when the clothing she was wearing was examined for dna.

Although again, without actual transcripts of what exactly was said, it's difficult to be sure we're getting the full pic here.

Last edited:
Any articles in English on what happened in court today? TIA! :)

I am going to "assume" that Hazel will be back tomorrow.

I've just read that. It's an odd thing for the ex-boyfriend to make up? Why would he do that? Also odd, the issue of HaB not being able to clarify whether she had sex with the ex before or after the rape, and I presume that's in the context of the relatively short timeline - that evening, night and her hospital visit when the clothing she was wearing was examined for dna.

Although again, without actual transcripts of what exactly was said, it's difficult to be sure we're getting the full pic here.
Although it's interesting that it's the judge asking for clarification although it's largely them doing the questioning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173
Back