Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #3

He wrote an e Mail saying she lied and wasn’t raped. His whereabouts are unknown and he refused to go to court
Who brought that to court though? Also his DNA and noticeably not CBs in her underwear, that must have been through seizing her clothes and tested by the maligned PJ.

He wrote an e Mail saying she lied and wasn’t raped. His whereabouts are unknown and he refused to go to court

Yes, and then there's the issue of what sounds like possible bad blood between him and HaB, he being the father of her oldest child, a pregnancy that he didn't want her to go ahead with, and him clearly not having anything to do with that child as HaB (in the braunschweger link) says she hasn't seen him for 15yrs or so. Could there be a grudge motive there? Is he best ignored, particularly since he has no interest in being called as a witness for the defence and we have no idea what was said in this email that might give his claim credence?

Yes, and then there's the issue of what sounds like possible bad blood between him and HaB, he being the father of her oldest child, a pregnancy that he didn't want her to go ahead with, and him clearly not having anything to do with that child as HaB (in the braunschweger link) says she hasn't seen him for 15yrs or so. Could there be a grudge motive there? Is he best ignored, particularly since he has no interest in being called as a witness for the defence and we have no idea what was said in this email that might give his claim credence?
Who was the e mail to and when?

Who brought that to court though? Also his DNA and noticeably not CBs in her underwear, that must have been through seizing her clothes and tested by the maligned PJ.

Well that's easily accounted for. He was her bf so potentially, they had sex (without a condom) earlier that evening, she was raped by her attacker (wearing a condom) later than night, so the clothing she wore that would have been examined for dna would have the bf's traces.

On the face of it, there is no suggestion of a grudge. Why should there be 15 years later?
Without access to the email it is impossible to determine motivation.
IMO

I think in her interview she originally did on Irish TV, she had said she ran out the room to the reception for help, and a few people who was staying at the hotel gave her a shirt or something because she was naked, so I don't think it's in question that it happened. And unless someone from on here was to attend the court we will never know everything that has been said.

Well that's easily accounted for. He was her bf so potentially, they had sex (without a condom) earlier that evening, she was raped by her attacker (wearing a condom) later than night, so the clothing she wore that would have been examined for dna would have the bf's traces.
Should there not also be traces of the perp's DNA from when he removed the underwear ?

Who was the e mail to and when?
It's all in the link you posted. Or are you not able to read it because of the paywall?

He send an email to the investigators - the BKA - after HaB went public with her story. So 2020 sometime. And the prosecution presumably had to disclose its existence to the defence pre-trial, and the defence then presumably pursued it.

Last edited:

It's all in the link you posted. Or are you not able to read it becasue of the paywall?

He send an email to the investigators - the BKA - after HaB went public with her story. So 2020 sometime. And the prosecution presumably had to disclose its existence to the defence pre-trial, and the defence then presumably pursued it.
Can't read it.I guess it adds doubt.

Should there not also be traces of the perp's DNA from when he removed the underwear ?

I have no idea. But not if he wore gloves, not if he cut her underwear off, which seems to be what he did, that's mentioned somewhere in what I've read earlier.

Last edited:
I think in her interview she originally did on Irish TV, she had said she ran out the room to the reception for help, and a few people who was staying at the hotel gave her a shirt or something because she was naked, so I don't think it's in question that it happened. And unless someone from on here was to attend the court we will never know everything that has been said.

Agree. I'm not comfortable with the idea that seems to be taking hold on here that this ex boyfriend's email deserves the attention it's being given. And the doubt now being cast on HaB. I'm not here for that.

I'd personally need something way more significant than a solitary email from a potentially grudge-holding ex in order to feel vaguely comfortable about discussing a rape victim's credibility.

Last edited:
I have no idea. But not if he wore gloves, not if he cut her underwear off, which seems to be what he did, that's mentioned somewhere in what I've read.
I haven't seen mention of him wearing gloves, only of him having bare feet, which should have left skin cells behind.

I haven't seen mention of him wearing gloves, only of him having bare feet, which should have left skin cells behind.
And the pj didn't really care or take much evidence, they humiliated her, and they told her it would be better for her to go back to Ireland

Agree. I'm not comfortable with the idea that seems to be taking hold on here that this ex boyfriend's email deserves the attention it's being given. And the doubt being cast on HaB. I'm not here for that.

I'd personally need something much more significant than a solitary email from a potentially grudge-holding ex in order to feel vaguely comfortable about discussing a rape victim's credibility.
No doubt the judges will evaluate this.

And the pj didn't really care or take much evidence, they humiliated her, and they told her it would be better for her to go back to Ireland
They obviously took DNA evidence.
There's always more than one side to any story.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed/cleanup of non-victim friendly posts>
It's an alleged attack, let's not forget that, unless we've seen the PJ or doctors report it's not known the extent of her injuries at the time.
As I understand from the paywall piece, HaBs underwear was examined and her boyfriend's DNA was found but not that of CB, did the judge ask of her when she had sex with her boyfriend before or after the attack.?

Last edited by a moderator:

Honestly the PJ investigation doesn't sound much different to 1000s in the US and UK

They file a report, do the rape kit and that's about it. Many US cases the rape kit is not even processed.

To be fair, it is not clear to me how such a case should actually be investigated without any leads to go on

Agree. I'm not comfortable with the idea that seems to be taking hold on here that this ex boyfriend's email deserves the attention it's being given. And the doubt now being cast on HaB. I'm not here for that.

I'd personally need something way more significant than a solitary email from a potentially grudge-holding ex in order to feel vaguely comfortable about discussing a rape victim's credibility.
The ex's e -mail was collected and presented as evidence, what can be said imo is that the court is being very transparent in its proceedings allowing this argument if it was from the defence.If he's untraceable and won't attend then why allow it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173
Back