Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #3

Agree. I'm not comfortable with the idea that seems to be taking hold on here that this ex boyfriend's email deserves the attention it's being given. And the doubt now being cast on HaB. I'm not here for that.

I'd personally need something way more significant than a solitary email from a potentially grudge-holding ex in order to feel vaguely comfortable about discussing a rape victim's credibility.

I doubt an email will be given any weight if the witness does not make themselves available to testify. It wouldn't even be admissible in the UK iMO

I doubt an email will be given any weight if the witness does not make themselves available to testify. It wouldn't even be admissible in the UK

That's pretty much my point and why I'm wondering why this email is being given the unsettling attention it's being given on here. It reeks of people willing to clutch on to anything, no matter how flimsy and no matter to whose detriment it is, that points away from CB. I'm surprised and disappointed by it. I thought we were all here for the facts.

And I say this as someone who doesn't believe for one nano-second that CB had anything to do with MM.

That's pretty much my point and why I'm wondering why this email is being given the unsettling attention it's being given on here. It reeks of people willing to clutch on to anything, no matter how flimsy and no matter to whose detriment it is, that points away from CB.

And I say this as someone who doesn't believe for one nano-second that CB had anything to do with MM.
The e-mail is being reported in the German news is it not, the credibility of it may be questionable to us observers but why was it introduced one wonders, especially as mentioned it's author is not prepared to attend court, but it exists and the defence can't be denied asking the meaning of it to HaB if this is what happened.

Nothing we've heard is remotely linked to MM imo.

Last edited:
It's a pity we haven't heard more about the mark on the thigh, was CB examined and no mark nor scar was found etc, meaning in all likelihood it was a run on the tights.

It's a pity we haven't heard more about the mark on the thigh, was CB examined and no mark nor scar was found etc, meaning in all likelihood it was a run on the tights.

Right, even if there was "just" a scar there, or even if it was on the other side of his body than was written in the original police report, I imagine it would be one piece of evidence to the judges. JMO.
Too bad we haven't heard either way.

If that were the case, why did the prosecution even bring it up? They must have known whether he had a scar on his leg that matched HaB's description.

If that were the case, why did the prosecution even bring it up? They must have known whether he had a scar on his leg that matched HaB's description.
I'm sure we'ed have heard either way.

Hopefully, but we all know how selective reporters can be
After the nonsense earlier in the week or last weekend about CB not letting his records be shown I'm sure that would have raised its head somewhere in the reporting again once it's been mentioned in court.

The eyes wouldn't be the same 20 yrs on would they?

Near the close of the day's session, the judge asked Brückner to approach the bench - apparently in order to examine his eyes.

I would have thought the issue was could someone remember what a stranger's eyes looked like after 20 years.

I would have thought the issue was could someone remember what a stranger's eyes looked like after 20 years.
I guess piercing blue stay as piercing blue, but what maybe that to HaB mighten be the same to the judge.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173
Back