Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #3

Nice to see a more measured media account for once.
But is it enough to convict, no positive id, unless the supposed witness to CB leaving HaBs apartment confirms it's CB then I don't see a conviction especially with the lack of forensics, a caveat it's opinion based on what's been reported.

Nice to see a more measured media account for once.
It claims the prosecution see HaBs testimony as the crucial moment in the trial.

Behan’s testimony has come at what prosecutors have described as a crucial moment in the trial, which began in February and is expected to last into the autumn, hearing from about 40 witnesses and a range of experts. Brückner is serving a seven-year sentence for the 2005 rape of an American tourist in the Algarve.

Yes, that's what I'm asking for clarification on and where I figured such a scar/mark would be on the male body from such an op.

But I hope we can all agree that this doesn't at all reflect negatively on HaB's account of her attacker. The only thing it raises questions about is the identity of her attacker.
The scar/tattoo/birth mark has been reported to have been on the attacker’s thigh or buttock.

The male groin area covers the lower abdomen i.e. beneath the navel, out to the hips and then down through the inner thigh. Put a dinner plate over a man’s penis and that’s the groin area.

As stated by Davison above, any surgery related to a testicle would be close to the scrotum - it could not be the thigh or buttock.

I have felt for a long time that this mark was crucial in identifying the offender. Without it being a match to CB makes identifying him more difficult.

The scar/tattoo/birth mark has been reported to have been on the attacker’s thigh or buttock.

The male groin area covers the lower abdomen i.e. beneath the navel, out to the hips and then down through the inner thigh. Put a dinner plate over a man’s penis and that’s the groin area.

As stated by Davison above, any surgery related to a testicle would be close to the scrotum - it could not be the thigh or buttock.

I have felt for a long time that this mark was crucial in identifying the offender. Without it being a match to CB makes identifying him more difficult.
Although it wasn't reported its inconceivable that ,HeB, MS weren't asked about any alleged scar.

Thanks, Denis, that's exactly the clarification I wanted.

BBM
I am not sure why you say this. Coverage is not much different from the UK. There is no live streaming, so we are 100% dependent on journalists who attend, and how much they are prepared to do.

There really are not many cases where you are going to get the proceedings live blogged in any detail. My suspicion is the UK tabloid journalists in attendance struggle with the proceedings being in German and perhaps there just isn't that much interest in this case.

The coverage has improved somewhat now that the main case - HaB - is the focus. The Guardian, Independent and eg. Irish Times, Independent and Examiner seem to have their people there. Which I think was always going to be the case. The other cases were never going to make much of a mark outside of local reporting, as you say.

I don't think it will be. A snag in (what's now being referred to as) a 60 denier leotard could just as easily mimic a mark/scar/tattoo. And that's there also as a possibility in HaB's own testimony in terms of what she remembers.

The similarities in the MO of the attack will, imo, be the determining factors. Not his piercing blue eyes, not this mark on his thigh or wherever, just the commonalities that exist between HaB's attack and the DM attack and HeB's description of the videoed attack on the elderly woman.

Last edited:
So - in updating my notes - we have heard evidence for the following cases - right?

Count 1 - Hazel - ongoing. Do not know if she is finished as there are hearings on 5/21, 5/22 & 5/23 coming up..
Count 2 - 14 year old teenager (unknown victim/on tape) - heard evidence
Count 3 - elderly 70-80 - heard evidence.
Count 4 - 10 year old German girl (Joana E.) - I do NOT think we have heard this case yet??
Count 5 - 11 year Portugeuese irl (Ines VP) - heard evidence.

There is not much more to go - so wondering WHY they are going all the way into October?
Will Hazel be on the stand thru June & August?? Seems a bit long to me. Can not be much testimony for the 10 year German girl's case...

So - in updating my notes - we have heard evidence for the following cases - right?

Count 1 - Hazel - ongoing. Do not know if she is finished as there are hearings on 5/21, 5/22 & 5/23 coming up..
Count 2 - 14 year old teenager (unknown victim/on tape) - heard evidence
Count 3 - elderly 70-80 - heard evidence.
Count 4 - 10 year old German girl (Joana E.) - I do NOT think we have heard this case yet??
Count 5 - 11 year Portugeuese irl (Ines VP) - heard evidence.

There is not much more to go - so wondering WHY they are going all the way into October?
Will Hazel be on the stand thru June & August?? Seems a bit long to me. Can not be much testimony for the 10 year German girl's case...
I think you're pretty much on top of it, wasn't there talk of HeB coming back later, also expert legal we won't get to hear of because it doesn't draw the headlines.No mention of Das Buch, maybe it doesn't figure ?

I think you're pretty much on top of it, wasn't there talk of HeB coming back later, also expert legal we won't get to hear of because it doesn't draw the headlines.No mention of Das Buch, maybe it doesn't figure ?
I was going to mention that too. We haven’t heard anything about CB’s emails or any other digital evidence. HCW talked of a puzzle if there is no more than what we’ve seen, it doesn’t have many pieces

I was going to mention that too. We haven’t heard anything about CB’s emails or any other digital evidence. HCW talked of a puzzle if there is no more than what we’ve seen, it doesn’t have many pieces
I think it's a case of he did it or he didnt, did HaBs evidence convince it was CB who raped her, not sure how circumstantial can add anything, allegedly there's a witness or a figment of the press who saw CB leave HaBs apartment this will coroberate her account.IMO he'll be convicted of all three of the rapes or none of them.

Yes - I do have HeB coming back - here are my notes:

Helge Busching must return to field further questions from the defence in June. Two former girlfriends, Silke Becker (not yet) & Marina Flache (testified), are also still scheduled to take the stand.

Did the biker & Becker testify already? I do not recall Becker or a biker - but might have missed it.

So - again wondering WHY it will take until October to get this case done... :)

Yes - I do have HeB coming back - here are my notes:

Helge Busching must return to field further questions from the defence in June. Two former girlfriends, Silke Becker (not yet) & Marina Flache (testified), are also still scheduled to take the stand.

Did the biker & Becker testify already? I do not recall Becker or a biker - but might have missed it.

So - again wondering WHY it will take until October to get this case done... :)
I forget who's who, but wasn't the motorbiker the tatooist who testified not long ago ?

Ref the cancelled may 8th date, JC of the olive had two Finnish women down to testify.

Another ex-girlfriend Anja K will take to the stand on February 23, while two Finnish women will appear on May 8. The Olive Press has chosen not to reveal their names.

Ref the cancelled may 8th date, JC of the olive had two Finnish women down to testify.

Another ex-girlfriend Anja K will take to the stand on February 23, while two Finnish women will appear on May 8. The Olive Press has chosen not to reveal their names.

The 2 Finnish women spoke this week. They lived in the same condominium as HB and were visited by CB before HB was raped.

The 2 Finnish women spoke this week. They lived in the same condominium as HB and were visited by CB before HB was raped.
Thanks! Maybe they will be up this coming week - or still Hazel?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01
Back