Giant Panda Gives Birth at Zoo Atlanta

concernedperson said:
I am in the Atlanta area and your posts have intrigued me. The cub is so small in relation to the size of the mother panda.I just don't know enough about them. But I will pay more attention now.
You're very lucky..you can see the little one when he or she makes their debut in about four or five months. We should know in about a month if it's a boy or a girl. In about a week or so, the baby will start taking on the familiar markings of the panda that we all know and love :)

The little girl is just as cute as can be! According to the Zoo, she is really taking in her surroundings now that her eyes are open :) She was startled by one of the techs intently studying her!! How funny is that! Oh I love those pandas!!

Looks like this sweet little thing has some life to her!

Panda cub gets feisty

By TOM SABULIS | Thursday, October 26, 2006, 09:37 AM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Maybe it’s because she feels her teeth beginning to show.

Or maybe she didn’t like the lens of the panda paparazzi hovering in her face.

Whatever the reason, Zoo Atlanta’s Giant Panda cub turned a little feisty Thursday morning. During her weekly physical, she squawked and suddenly lunged, albeit weakly, at a newspaper photographer who was busy clicking her profile. Then, almost instantly, she started to nod off to sleep.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/shared-blogs/ajc/pandas/entries/2006/10/26/panda_cub_gets_feisty.html

southcitymom said:
Looks like this sweet little thing has some life to her!

Panda cub gets feisty

By TOM SABULIS | Thursday, October 26, 2006, 09:37 AM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Maybe it’s because she feels her teeth beginning to show.

Or maybe she didn’t like the lens of the panda paparazzi hovering in her face.

Whatever the reason, Zoo Atlanta’s Giant Panda cub turned a little feisty Thursday morning. During her weekly physical, she squawked and suddenly lunged, albeit weakly, at a newspaper photographer who was busy clicking her profile. Then, almost instantly, she started to nod off to sleep.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/shared-blogs/ajc/pandas/entries/2006/10/26/panda_cub_gets_feisty.html
I think it's just because she's as cute as a button...here she is.

panda_cub_exam102606.gif
50 days old, she's grown quite a bit from her little pink days :)

southcitymom said:
Wow - she looks like a panda now instead of a baby mouse!
She does look like a little cub now. She's doing really well :) Such a little beauty. You're lucky to live so close and will be able to see her when she makes her debut.

Here's a little update on the ZooAtlanta Cub. As you can see, she's getting bigger and cuter by the minute. She is nine weeks old now and there will be a contest to name her starting Dec. 1 -10, sponsored by the Atlanta Journal Constitution. She will receive her name on Dec. 15th, when she is 100 days old, according to Chinese tradition. Isn't she a beauty??

Attachments

• Lun Lun and Cub 11.13.06.jpg
    Lun Lun and Cub 11.13.06.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 14
  • ZooAtlanta cub 11.9.06.jpg
    ZooAtlanta cub 11.9.06.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 11
Thanks for the update KrisNine--The little Panda is coming along very well,it seems--hope it continues to thrive---There is no wild animal cuter than a Panda--They are a wonder, we never get tired of watching them on the nature shows---There was a good movie out also about ten years ago called The Amazing Panda Adventure,filmed in China with American actors--really fun movie,although in a few scenes,the producers had to use an animatronic panda--

Thanks, Peter. As you can see, you won't get any argument from me about how cute they are. I can watch them for hours. They are full of wonder! Such little charmers. I actually caught that movie a few months ago on cable. I had to watch it to see the little panda, animatronic or not, it was certainly cute :)

Well I am glad that these two pandas know what to do, there is a zoo in an undisclosed country that have a male and female panda, who should be mating, but have not, nor do they show any interest in each other. They have been together for a few years.

So guess what, when both of them are relaxed, after dinner in different cages, they are going to be shown a "Panda *advertiser censored*" movie in an attempt to get them "in the mood" and show them what to do. Let's hope it works.........

They will keep them apart for a while, in the hopes that "absence" makes the hear grow fonder. Of course hoping also that they will be in the mood when they see each other to mate.

True story.......

Yes, let's hope it works. The world needs more pandas :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back