Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know why LE took the doll yet, so I don't consider that "creepy" at this point, it could be that his wife collected dolls or this doll, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Not sure why cat stuff would be considered
creepy, nor the fact that this family didn't entertain.

JMO.

edited
He bought the house from his mother. IMO many things in that house could have been his mother's. Including the "creepy" doll and cabinnet it was housed in. We do not know if the mother moved out when he bought the house or lived with him and then his second wife and kids. All we know, I believe at this point, is that she does not live there with them now. So many items/pieces of furniture/china etc could have been hers. The cat stuff is probably just for the cat that has been displaced.

As far as the house being run down. Many many people live in run down houses on the daily for many many reasons. Most of them I would venture are not deviant people. RH may just be tapped out financially from everyday espenses. It has been mentioned in many articles that his stepson is special needs. We do not have any idea what he has for health insurance. Also we do not know where the mother he bought the house from is now living. It could be that there are costs associated with housing/caring for her. Medical costs can be debilitating. He could also be living like a "pauper" in a HCOL area and be hoarding his cash in the bank. We just don't know.

JMO

It's curious why they would think this has evidentiary value, isn't it? I don't know. What I do know is that you just can't seize anything you want. So, there's something about that doll. MOO
Horton v. California, 496 U.S. 128, CPL § 690.10
My assumption only would be that they are looking for trophies and/or anything that could have been owned by any of the victims as well as anything that could have a connection to the three crimes. So. imo pretty broad. For example the doll encased in glass? Could be that there is jewelry from the victims or bones or teeth etc sewn inside it. Or not. JMO

I don't think Rex worked with anyone else in his murders. If he did, I think that would have been the first squeal out of his mouth when he started crying after arrest. jmo
He can't claim innocence if he's also claiming someone else was with him. If there was someone else and if he does squeal, he's going to use it as a bargaining chip.

Long time since posting here but please give this podcast a chance peeps. Alot to absorb here. Its far from over. Msm isnt taking the deep dive.
Shannon bothers me even more now in light of the recent arrest for one very telling reason: From all public facing evidence that we are aware of, Shannon was killed there, that night and the others were not. This is and all that follows is MOO and is speculation based on my own thoughts and observations.

Until I am provided evidence to the contrary, I do not believe Shannon "died from exposure to the elements". We know that Shannon died there, that night. And, we know from the bail filing and the press conference yesterday that officials alluded to the victims Rex Huermann is charged with killing as being transported there, not necessarily killed there, though we don't know for sure. I believe Shannon was truly fearful (of someone, something, or both), and while fleeing it is very possible someone chased her after Michael Pak left and could therefore no longer witness anything.

There is no proof of this, of course, but if it is true, it could only lead to the logical conclusion that her death was at the hands of someone present in the vicinity that night. If Rex Huermann is found to have no connection to any of the former residents, and was not present at any of those parties that were occurring back in those days especially that night, then this would lead one to think there is a second perpetrator, at least insofar as Shannon is concerned. I think this not only from what we know, but also because while even Tim Sini decried Michael Baden's private autopsy, I don't recall ever seeing a reasonable basis why. Here is what Baden found:

"... an independent autopsy by former New York chief medical examiner Michael Baden concluded “there is no evidence that she died of a natural disease, of a drug overdose or of drowning.”

“There is insufficient information to determine a definite cause of death, but the autopsy findings are consistent with homicidal strangulation,” Baden wrote in the report released Thursday.

Baden wrote that nearly all of Gilbert’s recovered skeletal remains appeared normal but the “larynx was missing and only the body of the hyoid bone was found; the two greater horns of that neck bone were missing. These structures, the larynx and the hyoid bone, are often fractured during homicidal manual strangulation.”

Last edited:
according to the lawyer for Meagan he has other unkempt properties one in MASS..they will for sure be digging up
every property and sorting thru their unsolved cases. mOO
Massapequa or Massachusets? Still trying to figure out his connection to Manorville, NY where two of the torsos were found. I live around the corner from there, and always wondered about the connection.

Edited to add: I wonder if he knew Bitrolff

Last edited:
Shannon bothers me even more now in light of the recent arrest for one very telling reason: From all public facing evidence that we are aware of, Shannon was killed there, that night. This is and all that follows is MOO and is speculation based on my own thoughts and observations.

Until I am provided evidence to the contrary, I do not believe Shannon "died from exposure to the elements". We know that Shannon died there, that night. And, we know from the bail filing and the press conference yesterday that officials alluded to the victims Rex Huermann is charged with killing as being transported there, not necessarily killed there, though we don't know for sure. I believe Shannon was truly fearful (of someone, something, or both), and while fleeing it is very possible someone chased her after Michael Pak left and could therefore no longer witness anything.

There is no proof of this, of course, but if it is true, it could only lead to the logical conclusion that her death was at the hands of someone present in the vicinity that night is the perpetrator. If Rex Huermann is found to have no connection to any of the former residents, and was not present at any of those parties that were occurring back in those days, then there is a second perpetrator, at least insofar as Shannon is concerned. I think this not only from what we know, but also because while even Tim Sini decried Michael Baden's private autopsy, I don't recall ever seeing a reasonable basis why. Here is what Baden found:

"... an independent autopsy by former New York chief medical examiner Michael Baden concluded “there is no evidence that she died of a natural disease, of a drug overdose or of drowning.”

“There is insufficient information to determine a definite cause of death, but the autopsy findings are consistent with homicidal strangulation,” Baden wrote in the report released Thursday.

Baden wrote that nearly all of Gilbert’s recovered skeletal remains appeared normal but the “larynx was missing and only the body of the hyoid bone was found; the two greater horns of that neck bone were missing. These structures, the larynx and the hyoid bone, are often fractured during homicidal manual strangulation.”

Excellent post!!!

Hi, I am new on here and don’t really know how this works so apologies in advance. does it seem odd that someone with an architectural firm in the city lives in a dilapidated dump like this? also wondering why no one flagged this person previously. Every neighborhood has weirdos that are well-known to the community, especially if that creepy person has been there his whole life.
Welcome!

I'm also someone who enters my codes/passwords manually, so I guess that's why I didn't think of that either. I'm not sure though that phones had that Face ID capability back then. After Maggie Murdaugh was murdered there was speculation that someone tried to access her phone through facial recognition after she was dead but it didn't work.
I believe one's eyes must be open for Face ID to work. I just tried opening my iPhone with my eyes closed and the screen went to the passcode option.

He bought the house from his mother. IMO many things in that house could have been his mother's. Including the "creepy" doll and cabinnet it was housed in. We do not know if the mother moved out when he bought the house or lived with him and then his second wife and kids. All we know, I believe at this point, is that she does not live there with them now. So many items/pieces of furniture/china etc could have been hers. The cat stuff is probably just for the cat that has been displaced.

As far as the house being run down. Many many people live in run down houses on the daily for many many reasons. Most of them I would venture are not deviant people. RH may just be tapped out financially from everyday espenses. It has been mentioned in many articles that his stepson is special needs. We do not have any idea what he has for health insurance. Also we do not know where the mother he bought the house from is now living. It could be that there are costs associated with housing/caring for her. Medical costs can be debilitating. He could also be living like a "pauper" in a HCOL area and be hoarding his cash in the bank. We just don't know.

JMO

I think we have to forget the creepy labels and focus on the significance. They either seized all of these items or they simply gave the cat stuff to the wife. But, if they seized them, they did so confident that they contain some evidentiary value. MOO

That's really the story here IMO. They appear to have seized strange things begging the question "What connection do those things have" @iamshadow21 @Charlot123 and many others had some really good hypothesis about why they might have been seized.

Edit: I just saw a post of yours also stating some of these possibilities too. We must have crossed.

They are executing a search warrant here and they are processing a scene. They aren't moving her out. Once they are done they release that scene and she gets her house back. So IMO I don't see LE allowing her to essentially move her stuff out in the middle of this investigation. JMO

Last edited:
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe a primary reason that mitochondrial DNA is used is whenever the root of the hair is not present.
I believe that it used to be true--that labs could not extract DNA from a hair segment that lacked a follicle. But I believe that changed around 2019 or 2020, and DNA could be extracted from hair segments. But, as others have mentioned, if samples have degraded or aged to the point where DNA from the nucleus is no longer usable, mtDNA can be extracted and analyzed. Forensic Lab #2, as per the Bail Application, seems to specialize in mtDNA analysis.

Shannon bothers me even more now in light of the recent arrest for one very telling reason: From all public facing evidence that we are aware of, Shannon was killed there, that night and the others were not. This is and all that follows is MOO and is speculation based on my own thoughts and observations.

There is no proof of this, of course, but if it is true, it could only lead to the logical conclusion that her death was at the hands of someone present in the vicinity that night. If Rex Huermann is found to have no connection to any of the former residents, and was not present at any of those parties that were occurring back in those days especially that night, then this would lead one to think there is a second perpetrator, at least insofar as Shannon is concerned. I think this not only from what we know, but also because while even Tim Sini decried Michael Baden's private autopsy, I don't recall ever seeing a reasonable basis why. Here is what Baden found:

One small bone is identified as missing, but how many other small bones were missing?

After listening to the 911 call and reading about the investigation into Shannan's client and driver, it sounds like she had an episode and was inexplicably fearful that someone wanted to hurt her. My impression, since she ran away from people who were genuinely trying to help her, is that she did accidentally run into the marsh and lose a sense of how to get out. I doubt that she was a murder victim.

“It provides no additional information, and concludes, as did the Suffolk County Office of the Medical Examiner, that there is insufficient information to determine a definite cause of death,” Sini said.

Though Gilbert’s death certificate listed the cause and manner of death as “undetermined,” an independent autopsy by former New York chief medical examiner Michael Baden concluded “there is no evidence that she died of a natural disease, of a drug overdose or of drowning.”

“There is insufficient information to determine a definite cause of death, but the autopsy findings are consistent with homicidal strangulation,” Baden wrote in the report released Thursday."

same link as you posted

I sure hope they're combing back through every single time Rex spent significant time alone (single, wife away on vacation or at parent's or at work) since he was of age.

Also, the Shannan Gilbert 911 call thread is still quite active (as in, I've posted today multiple times) and I honestly always thought LISK must've done this but now I don't think so unless somehow he was the unidentified voice on the tape. However, that'd be extremely risky for him to do business with other men regarding his depravity, and I don't personally think that's his style.

Also, Shannan was: not in a burlap sack, not tied & bound, not driven there and dumped as far as we know.

I think the 911 call is more concerning the more I listen to it, and a user there suggested people listen to it at 1.25x speed and I now firmly believe that the call somehow was slowed down when uploaded, because the panic and urgency is truly there at 1.25x speed, and it also makes their words sound much more natural. Things sounded sloooowed down at 1x speed, truly. Please give it a shot if you've never listened to it at 1.25x and join us with your thoughts.

I now think MP and JB know much, much more than they have ever admitted to. If they somehow didn't do it, PH probably did. If he didn't, maybe LISK. But yeah, he went from #1 on my list to #4 in just 48 hours.

MP's deposition linked for reference for anyone interested

Last edited:
Just imagine though being someone in New York City or somewhere else he frequents where there's nothing off about him. You are with him, think he's a nice, respectable guy with lots of talent, only to discover for the past 20 and maybe more years he was pure evil.
yes agree - imo this guy appears "extraordinarily" ordinary - especially for nyc -

There are several comments about the architect with the untidy home. My impression is that his precision and attention to detail was in murder, rather than design, with victims similarly restrained, then carefully wrapped in camouflage burlap, and finally spaced 500 feet apart in an unlit overgrown section of the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeTarot