Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not advocating for sleuthing the family since that's clearly against TOS, but I'm a bit confused as to how the wife and kids could have been out of town on vacations while he was killing these women, and they (family) also paid for groceries with food stamps.

Wouldn't being financially eligible for food stamps pretty much preclude any idea of having the $$ to take out of town vacations?

The person interviewed at the IGA grocery store said that she watched the children grow up over the 25 or so years while the family shopped at their store. So the food stamps could have been used a long time ago, it may have been just something she remembered from the past, it wasn't specified in the article.

If RH bought his mother's home in 1994 and then started his own business/architectural firm that year or a year or two after (I don't remember the exact date), then I would think that it would have been some time before there would have been much income coming in. They may have been eligible for food stamps when the children were quite young, until the business began to generate income they could live on.

I'm not advocating for sleuthing the family since that's clearly against TOS, but I'm a bit confused as to how the wife and kids could have been out of town on vacations while he was killing these women, and they (family) also paid for groceries with food stamps.

Wouldn't being financially eligible for food stamps pretty much preclude any idea of having the $$ to take out of town vacations?

His stepson (son from his current wife's first marriage) is disabled and may qualify for SNAP benefits as well as an SSI check.

I worked in SNAP eligibility for years, and not necessarily. Each state has different laws on what is countable as far as resources and different income limits. We had many clients who travelled because they saved their tax returns/etc. Or, someone could have been paying for their trips (family member, etc.) - assuming we are even talking current use.

Watching the killing season. In episode 2, a man (cannot remember his name but he provides insight) says of the GB4, the killer is a collector.

Just… wild knowing he seemingly collects guns. “Collecting” just gets me even if it wasn’t meant the way I’m taking it.

Also, did not know Maureen’s friend may have gotten a call from LISK. Highly recommend watching this for those who haven’t yet.
There was a man that followed this case very closely who posted here often. I can't remember his name, but he was included in the killing season with his thoughts about the unsolved case. He said the killer considered these women 'his trophies' and used Gilgo for his collection so he could come back to enjoy his work. He was very clear also that he didn't believe the other victims found were a part of the Gilgo4.

Last edited:
Missing Persons in Owned Land Area States - Initial, Indicative Statistical Analysis

I am doing some number crunching on missing persons in potential areas of interest to this case, beginning with New York State. I will drill down to areas closer to Long Island shortly.

Sleuths, if you think I should change 'cut-off' criteria, like heights, ages and date of last contact, then let me know, as I have not had time to look up the height range preference of the def, or checked the potential active years - it's in previous replies.

Although my knowledge of US geography is not great as I must admit that I am not from the States, I understand the defendant has property in: Las Vegas, South Carolina and Long Island.

At the moment I am looking only at data on missing persons with a New York State tag [update: I'm expanding the dataset to now include: Nevada + South Carolina].

If anyone can pass me the further detail around the names of the towns/cities/states/locations where the defendant had the land + properties, and the same for land identified as potential dumping ground, let me know, and I will expand the search and start drilling down.

This should include if possible out-of-state if appropriate (e.g. if land is on a state border).

Include also any towns/names of any lake, reservoir and beach areas, potentially forest areas as well.

It would be especially helpful if you could provide the names of the nearest towns/cities/boroughs (e.g. Bronx, etc) to (a) Long Island itself; (b) the def's Manhattan office (presumably Manhattan, but give surrounding); (c) Any known red light / cruising areas in New York, especially those near to arterial roads to Long Island.

NEW YORK STATE

Missing Persons Females Aged 26 and under, New York State, of Height 4'8" to 5'2"
Date Missing and Age Range
Earliest last contact Date29 March 1990
Latest last contact Date12 December 2022
Age Range6 to 26
Ethnicity:NumberPercentage
Of which Black
21​
37%​
Of which White
24​
42%​
Of which Hispanic/Latino
7​
12%​
Of Which Asian
4​
7%​
Of Which Other
1​
2%​
Total
57​
100%​

SOUTH CAROLINA

South Carolina Missing and 4'8" To 5'2" tall
Age Range ConsideredAge 6 to 28
Earliest Date Missing
04 March 1991​
Latest Date Missing
23 May 2023​
Ethnicity Black
43​
37%​
Ethnicity White
69​
60%​
Ethicity Hispanic / Latino
3​
3%​
Ethnicity Asian
0​
0%​
Ethnicity Other
0​
0%​
Total
115​
100%​

NEVADA

Nevada Missing and 4'8" To 5'2" tall
Age Range ConsideredAge 6 to 28
Earliest Date Missing
25 May 2023​
Latest Date Missing
25 August 2023​
BlackEthnicity Black
6​
6%​
WhiteEthnicity White
73​
76%​
CSAmericanEthicity Hispanic / Latino
9​
9%​
AsianEthnicity Asian
5​
5%​
OtherEthnicity Other
3​
3%​
Total
96​
100%​

Caveats: Not quality assured; not for wider sharing; no vouch for accuracy
Source: Analysis of US Government Data.

NB For insight to those interested, this is exactly the sort of "quick and dirty" message I would be sending internally to colleagues in the NYPD or wherever, if I was starting out on this from a standing start, and providing analytical support at pace.

Last edited:
Strange, so I keep thinking there will be a news flash that a house owned by RH has been found, a house that the owner of an architecture firm and hobbyist furniture maker would be proud to show off. Maybe even with a wood working shop / area. You would almost think he was a gun smith with 100's of guns in a vault in the basement of that small of a house, altho they could be inherited. Where did he build furniture? maybe he was restoring furniture? The basement would have been tough to use as a wood working shop, IMO, could be the storage unit. Also, wondering if the back staircase was the only entrance to the basement? Looks like they were gardeners so the garage loaded with gardening stuff and not saws and woodworking stuff? Anyway, just some ramblings, to me the house and living conditions do not match the profession and hobbies, which I guess does happen. Also, personally, seeing very little of his demeanor, he just doesn't fit what I perceive as a dominating killer, maybe more like a perverted submissive watcher.

There was a man that followed this case very closely who posted here often. I can't remember his name, but he was included in the killing season with his thoughts about the unsolved case. He said the killer considered these women 'his trophies' and used Gilgo for his collection so he could come back to enjoy his work. He was very clear also that he didn't believe the other victims found were a part of the Gilgo4.
This would fit with RH also seeming to be a hoarder. He doesn't like to get rid of anything.

That said, the fact RH googled LISK instead of Gilgo Beach Killer gives me a lot of pause. If he was reading about the case he would be aware of both names and why they're different, and yet he still chose to Google the one that seems to be an umbrella name for all of the murders.

I am doing some number crunching on missing persons in potential areas of interest to this case, beginning with New York State. I will drill down to areas closer to Long Island shortly.

If you think I should change 'cut-off' criteria, like heights, ages and date of last contact, then let me know.

Although my knowledge of US geography is not great as I am not from the States, I understand the defendant has property in: Las Vegas, South Carolina and Long Island.

At the moment I am looking only at data on missing persons with a New York State tag.

If anyone can pass me the further detail around the names of the towns/cities/states/locations where the defendant had the land + properties, and the same for land identified as potential dumping ground, let me know, and I will expand the search and start drilling down.

Missing Persons Females Aged 26 and under, New York State, of Height 4'8" to 5'2"
Date Missing and Age Range
Earliest last contact Date29 March 1990
Latest last contact Date12 December 2022
Age Range6 to 26
Ethnicity:NumberPercentage
Of which Black
21​
37%​
Of which White
24​
42%​
Of which Hispanic/Latino
7​
12%​
Of Which Asian
4​
7%​
Of Which Other
1​
2%​
Total
57​
100%​

Caveats: Not quality assured; not for wider sharing; no vouch for accuracy
Source: Analysis of US Government Data.
I didn't know about the Las Vegas link, where did you find that?

I haven't seen the age of the son, but depending on his health issues and age, maybe he's eligible for SNAP?

"According to the designer, the 59-year-old murder suspect was perceived as 'odd' among colleagues but would still join the team for lunches, happy hours, and other social events.

'He was socially awkward in many ways,' Miyasota said. 'I guess the word for it is, he just didn't seem to have empathy.
We have all known people like the every day RH:

Arrogant, but not grandiose. Condescending, but not cruel. Seeks attention, but is not exploitive. Over all shallow, but capable of some degrees of relationship with a handful select people.

Though I have known others, a cousin comes to mind now:

"D" is over all shallow. Over decades, I have never known D to express even a minor concern or an interest in anything or anybody that could not benefit himself in some way- or later in life, benefit his child.

D is a life long show off. He is arrogant and is madly in love the sound of his own voice. D is openly condescending of others that lack his income and perceived "value". D is overly demanding towards wait staff and contractors- and enjoys "summoning and dismissing" people.

Yet.... D has never killed anybody. Nor, has he ever even seriously harmed anybody. D does not commit crimes. He tips and pays the wages he owes others.

No serious emotional abuse of the ex. She just got tired of D one day, wanted something more- and left. D has a relationship with his child and also has a "D centric" but not exploitive relationship with a long term GF.

In short.... why do some everyday low level jerks murder, and others never even commit minor crimes, let alone murder?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member