Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, it may take more than 30 days to settle the division of assets as part of their divorce. From what we have read in MSM, it is possible that they have a lot of debt, and those debts may have to be paid before any divison of assets. Perhaps declaring bankruptcy would help? I don't know how this works in a divorce settlement, I assume that both in a marriage are responsible for the debt that each one incurs while married, but I live in a joint property state, and don't know NY state laws on this.

edited spelling/formatting
Yeah so its a good thing for her that her story of being married to this guy is worth more than all his or their assests but she cant sign any media deal until their liabilties are seperated .

They might but she better cash in a fash as she can and duckout under the bucks out. That is The best option. Her story. Anything she worked for is under his black cloud. She needs 30 days to disovle debts from him or maybe more I do not know the laws there,but her best bet is a fast lump sum and gone.
I think she is far too vulnerable..

I'd like to see her getting something but it's too soon and her words will be twisted, she has 2 children, they need space and privacy to grieve and ....understand?

Is the property in his name only? Curious about how any funds will be disbursed and if he will be willing to let his family have them, if there's anything left. He needs to be destitute in order for the state to provide legal assistance. Is he paying for his own attorney right now or has one been appointed?

Is the property in his name only? Curious about how any funds will be disbursed and if he will be willing to let his family have them, if there's anything left. He needs to be destitute in order for the state to provide legal assistance. Is he paying for his own attorney right now or has one been appointed?
I believe his attorney is court appointed.

From what I read, the town is petitioning to purchase the home. Hopefully, she will sell it, take the money and move somewhere quiet and peaceful.
That would likely be best, but my heart breaks for them - victims of a husband and father who betrayed and used them as cover.

The special needs adults in my own family are heavily dependent upon structure and consistency to maintain wellness and stability, and loss of home and loss of a parent are both VERY destabilizing. I really hope that AE has already established resources she can trust to help her see herself and her family through this. Life was likely already a struggle before this discovery and all that it will mean for them.

Yes, the house is in RH's name only. He also acquired it in 1994, before he married his current wife. IANAL but I don't think she has any right to it unless she paid a portion of the mortgage principal or it was refinanced in both their names, and even then she would probably get only a fraction of sale price.

That would likely be best, but my heart breaks for them - victims of a husband and father who betrayed and used them as cover.

The special needs adults in my own family are heavily dependent upon structure and consistency to maintain wellness and stability, and loss of home and loss of a parent are both VERY destabilizing. I really hope that AE has already established resources she can trust to help her see herself and her family through this. Life was likely already a struggle before this discovery and all that it will mean for them.
BBM. I worry that he not only has emotionally destroyed his family but also financially destroyed them.

JMO

Yes, the house is in RH's name only. He also acquired it in 1994, before he married his current wife. IANAL but I don't think she has any right to it unless she paid a portion of the mortgage principal or it was refinanced in both their names, and even then she would probably get only a fraction of sale price.
Is this what it says in the real estate records for his county? That the house is in RH's name only, and that they never changed it to joint ownership, or do we know?

I feel all of her her interviews bring up an important issue. She said RH, in talking to her, mentioned things that she couldn’t find in the news. Then, he wanted her to leave with him in his vehicle. He didn’t want her following him in her vehicle! She also said she did not initially report this to Police because she had a record from being a SW. She was afraid she would have a problem and felt they would not believe her. I feel LE should make strides throughout the Country to gain trust in these situations so people feel safe reporting. Many have had tons of training in the last few years but it brings out the need.

I really have empathy for her and her children! This would be overwhelming circumstances! She may not want to tell her story outside LE - she may decide to preserve her privacy. I hope they find a way to build their future lives! Hopefully, Victim’s Assistance can assist them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti