Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's very small. Are you of the opinion that he kept the victims for awhile? Certainly possible in my book. Wonder if there is a shed/greenhouse in the back yard? Didn't Dennis Rader have a shed behind his house? I think he did where he kept his trophies.

they almost all have a shed out back... . mOO

Could be. The state of the house implies that he probably didn't have people over much -- that tracks.

I always had an image of the perp being a meticulous Patrick Bateman type, not a slob living in a rundown house. Good thing I wasn't on the task force!

oh I think he had people over at his grampas old rundown house...but they weren't family members...that's his kill pad. mOO

Last edited:
I agree. Looks like he inherited the house but never has bothered to maintain it much, at least on the outside. Gives me the impression he is frugal to the point of being cheap.

Maybe it's a hint of a double life - architect in the city but run-down house? Completely separate work and home life? Professional man, husband, father, but serial killer?

jmo
I wonder that too. And I wonder if his house hasn’t been renovated because of what might appear—better to keep it as-is than to risk it? MOO of course.

Wow!! This must be some serious closure for the families of this victims and I'm looking forward to them FINALLY getting the justice their family members deserved!

I'm so happy to hear this news but also heartbroken about the reports that he has a family. Assuming he has children I hope they are okay through all of this. I can't imagine piecing together that all these years those scary news stories and the numerous documentaries made about the serial killer close to your home being about your father...

Wow, from his interview.. boy, he really doesn't look like a serial murderer... but heck, I guess they all come in different shapes and sizes and personalities.

Glad they got him. Assuming he had not been arrested previously... so probably was just a general genealogy DNA search.. led to a relative (or himself)
That's what I'm thinking too. What else could be "new" in DNA testing that hasn't been new in the past few years other than someone in a large family recently deciding to do their family tree. Speculation Only. MOO

Hmm, interesting he mentioned a female. I wonder if the other of the two names he is talking about happens to be a female, and if they have some sort of relationship with the male suspect that has just been taken into custody? Odd thing for a lawyer to mention ‘we always thought it could be a woman’ right after a male is taken into custody otherwise, isn’t it?
JMO.

Was he a cross-dresser? Maybe he/she was spotted - male in female clothing dumping a body?

SK's who live with others/family tend to have sheds, garages or locked rooms. Dennis Rader had a locked shed, etc.

I'm wondering about the wrapping of the victims in burlap. Where did he get that?
Even though the most common use of burlap is in making burlap sacks for carrying a lot of different things, including; cement and coffee beans, burlap is used in other industries like art, craft, home décor, and wrapping paper.

source

As an architect maybe it was easy to source in surplus.

Question: For the LISK have all of the victims been identified?

Curious if RH lives in the home alone? <modsnip - encouraging sleuthing of a non-POI> 'Just wondering aloud.

Last edited by a moderator:
SK's who live with others/family tend to have sheds, garages or locked rooms. Dennis Rader had a locked shed, etc.

I'm wondering about the wrapping of the victims in burlap. Where did he get that?
maybe his grandfather left a pile of them in the garage for leaves...just an easy way to drag a body from the back of a vehicle and into the scruffy roadside beach area.mOO

The “Gilgo Four” were later identified as Maureen Brainard-Barnes, abducted in 2007; Melissa Barthelemy in 2009; and Megan Waterman and Amber Costello, who went missing in 2010.
Do we know anything about what was going on in the suspects life in 2007-2010?

I wonder, if he started then (seems late in relation to his age) or if he had earlier victims? Edit: it was 13-16 years ago, so if he's 59 now, he must have been ca 43-46 years old.

What made him start in 2007? Did he stop in 2010 and what made him stop?

Last edited:
Even though the most common use of burlap is in making burlap sacks for carrying a lot of different things, including; cement and coffee beans, burlap is used in other industries like art, craft, home décor, and wrapping paper.

source

As an architect maybe it was easy to source in surplus.

Question: For the LISK have all of the victims been identified?
I believe so though there have been other victims found in other locations (Manorville, I think) never definitely linked to the same suspected perp moo

Last edited:
Is there a timeline available on WS? Dates of disappearances, discovery, calls etc? Now that they are saying the 'other 6' aren't related my brain is exploding!

edit: removed unsubstatiated quote, sorry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads