Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #11

The wildest thing I want to know is.... WHAT could they be taking now that they didn't take back in July ???!! They took nearly everything except the kitchen sink in 2023, no?

Obviously, there is a targeted specificity in this search.

Whatever it is, it doesn't look very heavy. Something light weight. That house must be full of stuff, years of accumulation. If from the yard, it's scary to consider what they may have dug up. Also, remember the entrance and exit they used for the basement was that external door to the back yard. These could be items coming from the basement, too.

I recall when Rex was first arrested that they didn't do much digging in the back yard. They searched around the garden and some structures, IIRC, but didn't do any digging then.

Have you ever seen such a lengthy search of a property like this?

Yes, John Wayne Gacy was worse, for obvious reasons. They ended up tearing down the house and bulldozing the ground when the search was done.

ETA: As I recall, the search of Gacy's house went on for a couple of months or longer.

Last edited:
The wildest thing I want to know is.... WHAT could they be taking now that they didn't take back in July ???!! They took nearly everything except the kitchen sink in 2023, no?

Obviously, there is a targeted specificity in this search.
No joke, I wonder if they did, back in July, or are now checking within walls/under every floorboard. My parents house is very old and in the late 80’s they redid my bedroom. When my father tore down the old walls, they found some perfect condition books inside them. They also found some really old skeleton keys. God only knows what else could be hidden away, it’s a very old house and truthfully, they haven’t done an awful lot to it since they bought it in the early 1970’s!

Whatever it is, it doesn't look very heavy. Something light weight. That house must be full of stuff, years of accumulation. If from the yard, it's scary to consider what they may have dug up. Also, remember the entrance and exit they used for the basement was that external door to the back yard. These could be items coming from the basement, too.

I recall when Rex was first arrested that they didn't do much digging in the back yard. They searched around the garden and some structures, IIRC, but didn't do any digging then.
Agreed on the digging. Maybe they'd have had no idea where to look before they picked through at least some of those devices. And eerily, maybe now they do know where to look. Speculative, of course.
es, John Wayne Gacy was worse, for obvious reasons. They ended up tearing down the house and bulldozing the ground when the search was done.
Agreed. I'm thinking digging, and my mind also went to Gacy and basements.
Speculation:

Any kind of lab work would be done in a lab van. MOO

Perhaps LE received new tips or, more likely, analyses have come back on seized electronics, perhaps with stills or videos that originated from within the home, maybe revealing a subterranean chamber. Soundproof, a room survivors never saw but the victims might have. He lived there a loooooooog-island loooooooong time, didn't move up and out like so many people do once their careers take off. What wed him to it? Family history? Personal history? Did he have it just how he liked? When the family was away, did he perfect a secret room? Torture chamber. He neglected every other aspect of that home. And arguably, the family within. Is it because it had a bunker? His private sick retreat.

If only those walls could talk.

Maybe today they are.

JMO
Yup. Trying to look here online and see if I can scrounge up more updates. I would think it has to be something in some way buried because they ripped the house apart to the studs last time, if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

RSBM

July 2023 they were digging in RH's backyard with a backhoe and such... seemed fairly significant. jmo

I am not certain, although it might be the case, but not necessarily? Could also just be some processing or handling they want to shield from view at this time.

I also find it interesting / odd that if reported accurately, the daughter was supposedly present? And that RH estranged / wife was not?

And also wonder what prompted the additional searches? And what is sought? Hope they do find other evidence if needed to help with the case against this individual and its prosecution. MOO
Her going to SC makes me wonder if she’s staying on the property of his brother or the adjacent land. There could be tons of remains buried there.

I keep hoping there will be some way to get a search warrant for brother's property.
Yes, and I hope that law enforcement has ‘eyes’ on any relevant areas or individuals in this case. I know it is difficult and can be expensive, but no telling where this individual RH and his doings have been. MOO

I am not certain, although it might be the case, but not necessarily? Could also just be some processing or handling they want to shield from view at this time.

I also find it interesting / odd that if reported accurately, the daughter was supposedly present? And that RH estranged / wife was not?

And also wonder what prompted the additional searches? And what is sought? Hope they do find other evidence if needed to help with the case against this individual and its prosecution. MOO

They just said that the daughter was in New York.

If the investigators found something on the digital devices that were taken this could have prompted today’s activity.

rbbm
'Retired NYPD Sergeant Joseph Giacalone told NewsNation in an interview that the use of heavy equipment could suggest officials found evidence for cases beyond the Gilgo killings.

“Since they already did this 10 months ago, they had to be able to prove to a judge that they had probable cause to go in there. The ME (medical examiner) showing up is really interesting. If we see the forensic anthropologist show up, that would be even more interesting and a bit of an eye-opener because they are the doctors that go out and determine what is a human bone or what is an animal bone,” Giacalone explained.'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX
Back