Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #11

Did they dig under the basement last time? I see one source saying they didn't. I'm trying to confirm, but does anyone know off the top of their heads? Yup, found it. Per Giacalone, "Last July, they didn't break break up the floor in the basement of that big-- what they call a vault."

YIPES.

Checking this video to see what I can find there:

Last edited:
Not sure if they dug it or not.
They didn't, yipes. Sorry, just found it. Who's been mentioning the vault?? A lot of people on here were talking about this vault area. Putting in the video here.

That completely creeps me out because to me, that's Gacy-esque. They might not have caught Gacy at all arguably if a detective hadn't been using the bathroom in Gacy's house when an air vent kicked in. I guess the odor from the crawlspace went straight into the bathroom. Imagine, I mean uncovering all of that horror because of an air vent.

Last edited:
Wasnt the vault where he kept the firearms? Im thinking that long island being flat and sandy is quite wet under there

Investigators return to Long Island home of Gilgo Beach serial killing suspect​

Last July, police spent nearly two weeks scouring the home, located in a suburban town about 40 miles (64 kilometers) east of Manhattan.

The search of what Tierney has described as a “very cluttered environment” turned up more than 200 firearms, including dozens stored in a basement vault. Investigators also tore up a wooden deck, used an excavator to dig up the backyard and scanned for buried objects with specialized equipment.

Investigators return to Long Island home of Gilgo Beach serial killing suspect​

Last July, police spent nearly two weeks scouring the home, located in a suburban town about 40 miles (64 kilometers) east of Manhattan.

The search of what Tierney has described as a “very cluttered environment” turned up more than 200 firearms, including dozens stored in a basement vault. Investigators also tore up a wooden deck, used an excavator to dig up the backyard and scanned for buried objects with specialized equipment.

Did they build a new deck since the other one was torn up last July? I guess we need comparison pictures.

There's probably a vault behind/beneath that vault.

He's an architect, for hell's sake.

JMscaryO
Agreed. And it's probably the only real work he did on that house. I mean seriously, maybe he did build something into it for his sick purposes. Goodness knows he's got plenty to hide.

And back on the subject of Gacy, the woman who represented Gacy and wrote a book about him is commenting on the case and noting, among other things, the many similarities between them. She mentions that gruesome book they found in RH's home, too.

Also, this Fox affiliate is mentioning they're removing clear boxes with what appear to be women's clothes. And they're also mentioning the deck. But I think they're mentioning the deck in relation to the last search. Still listening to it.

Last edited:
Agreed. And it's probably the only real work he did on that house. I mean seriously, maybe he did build something into it for his sick purposes. Goodness knows he's got plenty to hide.

And back on the subject of Gacy, the woman who represented Gacy and wrote a book about him is commenting on the case and noting, among other things, the many similarities between them. She mentions that gruesome book they found in RH's home, too.
She's saying the same thing as the guys in the Angenette Levy interview above - the police needed probable cause to conduct a second search, so they must have something significant for a judge to approve it. It was a little surprising after the Manorville search a couple of weeks ago to see them return to Rex H's house. It could have been something they found at Manorville or some other new information provided by a witness, etc. The retired detective/YouTube guy mentioned James Burke and witnesses brought forward by attorney John Ray. Burke and Heuermann may be linked, who knows. Another witness who spoke at John Ray's recent seminar on LISK claims to have seen them both at the same party on LI years ago.

And yes, the prosecution is going to have to resolve or explain many of the other unsolved murders of SW on LI. Heuermann's defemse attorneys will bring them up in his trial. There's still much more to learn about these cases in the coming months.

Also, this Fox affiliate is mentioning they're removing clear boxes with what appear to be women's clothes. And they're also mentioning the deck. But I think they're mentioning the deck in relation to the last search. Still listening to it.

Clear boxes of women's clothing... hmmm... really makes ya' wonder.

There's probably a vault behind/beneath that vault.

He's an architect, for hell's sake.

JMscaryO
I wonder, if there are suspended ceilings or a hiding place behind a brick wall (like I heard of in last night's True Crime docu of old solved cases). RH will have had enough ideas, trouble shooter, that he is.

What is this book that they referenced in the videos above, the book in RH's home? TIA
It was a book called "Death Scenes: A Homicide Detective’s Scrapbook," . I own a copy. For me it was just another teaching tool that helped me learn to read crime scenes. It's not for the faint of heart, though. Definitely NOT a coffee table book, if you get my meaning.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Withergaming101
Back