Gisele Bundchen says Tom Brady's son is 100% hers

All over the web, I have read people lashing out at Giselle for what I see as a beautiful, laudable sentiment. English is not her first language and I do not know exactly what question was asked of her, so I won't split hairs about whether or not the quote sounded awkward or she misspoke a gender reference (I do that all the time when I try to speak French or Spanish).

What I read her to say is that she loves Tom's child as if that child were her own. Since she's going to have a major influence in that child's life, it's awesome that she feels this way. What a lucky little boy he will be if he has a Mom and a stepMom who love him utterly.

How anyone can find fault with that is beyond me.

Trust me, it's very easy to do.*

*For the purpose of full disclosure, I'm a Bills fan.

New England Patriots quarterback. Spent most of last year out with torn knee. He could put his football under my bed anytime. :blushing:

:puke:

Why are your standards so low? You're better than that!

I think it is wonderful that she loves this little boy like he was her own. There are so many stories out there where the step-parent is horrible to the children, and it is heartwarming to read one where the step-parent opens her heart and arms to a child and has so much love for them!

My nephew (who is really my step-nephew) has a relationship like this with my sister. She loves JJ as much as she loves her own blood daughter. He was born right after my sister and her husband started dating, and we have all taken him in and love him like he is one of our own. As a child, you can't have to many people loving you!!!

Shauna

I get what she's saying. My ex married very quickly after our breakup (8 years ago) and my children are very fond of their stepmother while I have never spoken to her. I know this because I monitor my children's emails, text messages and internet usage and she sends them little love messages and things all the time. I hope Bridget is mature enough to be grateful that her son will have two moms because while it was hard on my ego that the stepmom stepped in before I was out of the picture, at least my children are doubly loved.

:heart:

Tom's son is lucky to have so much love from his families. Gisele is a strong woman.

Good article:

Gisele Bündchen Calls Tom Brady's Love Child a 'Wake-up Call'

Should She Leave?

The rude awakening came 2½ months after she had met Brady through a friend in late 2006, when she was instantly attracted to him thanks to his charismatic smile, she says. With Moynahan's news, however, "t was a very challenging situation," says Bündchen. "Obviously, in the beginning, it's not the ideal thing."

And, obviously, doubts arose. "You question at times – 'Should I stay here? Maybe you should work this out,' " says Bündchen. "But when people break up, it's for a reason."

In the end, working with Brady to deal with the baby, "was a blessing, because otherwise I don't think I would have known what he was made of, and he wouldn't have known what I was made of," she says, noting his integrity and "the way he was a good person through all the times. I was like, You have the heart in a good place! It made me feel more in love with him; it made me realize who he was."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20268748,00.html

I get what she's saying. My ex married very quickly after our breakup (8 years ago) and my children are very fond of their stepmother while I have never spoken to her. I know this because I monitor my children's emails, text messages and internet usage and she sends them little love messages and things all the time. I hope Bridget is mature enough to be grateful that her son will have two moms because while it was hard on my ego that the stepmom stepped in before I was out of the picture, at least my children are doubly loved.

You sound like an amazing mom. Welcome to Websleuths!

:seeya: :Welcome-12-june: :seeya:

I think it is wonderful that she loves this little boy like he was her own. There are so many stories out there where the step-parent is horrible to the children, and it is heartwarming to read one where the step-parent opens her heart and arms to a child and has so much love for them!

My nephew (who is really my step-nephew) has a relationship like this with my sister. She loves JJ as much as she loves her own blood daughter. He was born right after my sister and her husband started dating, and we have all taken him in and love him like he is one of our own. As a child, you can't have to many people loving you!!!

Shauna

I hope this doesn't sound judgmental, but here it goes.

Are you saying that your sister was dating a man and at the same time had another woman pregnant with his child?

I hope it works out for all, especially the children, but I would not feel secure with a relationship like that. I would always wonder if he would be there for me in the "not so perfect" times.

I don't know their situation at all, but I would want to meet my son's stepmother (if I were divorced from his dad, which I am not). I would want to know the person who would be partially responsible for him while not in my care. We may not be friends, but I'd do my part to make sure we were friendly for the sake of my child and that there wouldn't be any awkwardness on the occasions we had to all be together. Of course, sometimes that just isn't possible b/c there is too much hurt on one or all sides. But if it's possible, that should be the goal.

All over the web, I have read people lashing out at Giselle for what I see as a beautiful, laudable sentiment. English is not her first language and I do not know exactly what question was asked of her, so I won't split hairs about whether or not the quote sounded awkward or she misspoke a gender reference (I do that all the time when I try to speak French or Spanish).

What I read her to say is that she loves Tom's child as if that child were her own. Since she's going to have a major influence in that child's life, it's awesome that she feels this way. What a lucky little boy he will be if he has a Mom and a stepMom who love him utterly.

How anyone can find fault with that is beyond me.

I haven't read this whole thread, and I am not sure I need to read further. This is a caring, astute post. TY SCM for pulling your wisdom out again so clearly and concisely.

Thank goodness for the Step-parents of the world who step up to the plate and ignore genetics & DNA.

Test these on your tongue:

1. 'Just like one of my own'
2. 'They are my own'

BTDT - and those who choose #2 are closest to my own heart for loving my Kiddo completely, fully and without reservations or differentials.

I have read a number of articles about this quotation -- taken from a Vanity Fair cover story magazine article (probably April 2009). English is not her first language and I believe something was lost in the translation so I am giving Gisele the benefit of the doubt on her statement. (My late husband was Cree and that was his 1st language. He was an excellent translator, but sometimes there were no English equivilents to Cree concepts.)

I am also a stepmother and appreciate the delicacies of the position. My youngest stepdaughter's mother probably has borderline personality disorder, and I had to be very careful to not ever cross the line of ever acting or saying that I was anything more than a stepmother or her mother would go into a rage.

In this case, I hope the baby's mother is a mentally and emotionally healthy woman who does not take the stepmother's remarks in the wrong way.

In my husband's culture, there are what he translated as "big mothers" who are the biological mothers of children, and "little mothers" who are the aunts, stepmothers and other women who care for children in a family and/or community. All women (and men) were expected to look out for the welfare of all children. It makes sense, doesn't it?

Penelope,

Thank you for your very grounded, solid posts. I'll bet you're a great Mom. You likely have taught all of your kids to look at things from many angles.

Kudos.

After our divorce, my ex-husband/ daughter's father dated a woman who treated my daughter with resentment... this woman would throw a fit of jealousy if our 12 year old daughter dared to sit by my ex-husband on the couch, for example.

He broke off the relationship, much to my relief.

A couple years after that, my ex married a woman who treated our daughter with love, caring and respect. I knew when my daughter visited them she was well cared for, because my ex, his new wife, and I had open telephone communication with each other. We did this out of a shared concern for the well being of our child.

My daughter is now grown, and I am still grateful for the love this stepmom showed my daughter.

After our divorce, my ex-husband/ daughter's father dated a woman who treated my daughter with resentment... this woman would throw a fit of jealousy if our 12 year old daughter dared to sit by my ex-husband on the couch, for example.

He broke off the relationship, much to my relief.

A couple years after that, my ex married a woman who treated our daughter with love, caring and respect. I knew when my daughter visited them she was well cared for, because my ex, his new wife, and I had open telephone communication with each other. We did this out of a shared concern for the well being of our child.

My daughter is now grown, and I am still grateful for the love this stepmom showed my daughter.

I am very glad that your Ex had the good sense to marry the right woman. And kudos to you for appreciating her.

Has anyone else experienced difficulties with the Grandparents on either side?

In order for this to work well, then Bridget's parents must also be supportive of Tom & Giselle and likewise, Giselle's parents must also include the Babe as their own Grandchild - without reservations.

Sometimes, the co-parents manage the situation really well, but issues arise when the extended family doesn't. That can cause a great deal of difficulty even without paparazzi on your doorstep.

I further admire Giselle's stance as it seems likely that she is also expecting her own family to treat Tom's son as their own.

groovygrl, I have a question I hope you don't mind me asking. How could you have never spoken to her in 8 years? Especially in light of the fact that she is parenting your children. It's just that in my perspective, I cannot imagine not discussing the care of my child with his caretakers. As a single parent, I am always curious how different dynamics work and how people succeed in successful co-parenting relationships. In the 5 years we have been apart, my child's father and I have not made relationships a priority in order to put our child first. However, I assume one day we will, and I'd like to be prepared.

Guess my pessimism is showing, but I don't see the Gisele and Tom relationship as a long term deal, so IMO it probably won't matter how Gisele views his love child.

groovygrl, I have a question I hope you don't mind me asking. How could you have never spoken to her in 8 years? Especially in light of the fact that she is parenting your children. It's just that in my perspective, I cannot imagine not discussing the care of my child with his caretakers. As a single parent, I am always curious how different dynamics work and how people succeed in successful co-parenting relationships. In the 5 years we have been apart, my child's father and I have not made relationships a priority in order to put our child first. However, I assume one day we will, and I'd like to be prepared.

I wrote a beautiful long response and it didn't make it. But the long and short of it is, my ex and I deal with each other exclusively. I talk only to him and he talks only to me.

And if I'm upset about something he or his wife has done, the first thing I do is take a time out so I don't call him and yell at him and he does the same. But if one of us messes up and speaks rudely or angrily, we both understand and blow it off. After all, we don't "love" each other anymore and raising our children is a bit of a business arrangement now. I don't fume for days about the rude clerk at 7-11 and I have a closer relationship with him these days. It's basically the same concept. Heck, if the ex complied with what I wanted all the time we probably wouldn't be exes anyway, right?

It definitely involves putting your own ego on the backburner which isn't easy but it's worth it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back