GK's convoluted theory... what's yours? Please share!

Again, the insipid wmpd won't follow a lead that doesn't point to DE, JB and JM, Jr. Just so sad. I wonder if this guy is still around. I'd think it would be interesting to talk to him now. He identifies one killer with a religious background. Sound like anyone you know?:facepalm:

Thanks for posting the link for Aynia. I am so sorry Aynia but I have been away for medical reasons but I am back now. My heart monitor was going wonky but it looks like it was just the batteries in the monitor. whew :)

Hey Zen, what a scare! Hope you're all good now. :)

Again, the insipid wmpd won't follow a lead that doesn't point to DE, JB and JM, Jr. Just so sad. I wonder if this guy is still around. I'd think it would be interesting to talk to him now. He identifies one killer with a religious background. Sound like anyone you know?:facepalm:

Considering that West Memphis is smack bang in the bible belt, it could be anyone really haha... Although, it fits in nicely with our suspect doesn't it?! ;)
TBH, it's been a while since I had a look at that whole palava. To me, it always sounded like a load of crazy talk.

Hey Zen, what a scare! Hope you're all good now. :)

Considering that West Memphis is smack bang in the bible belt, it could be anyone really haha... Although, it fits in nicely with our suspect doesn't it?! ;)
TBH, it's been a while since I had a look at that whole palava. To me, it always sounded like a load of crazy talk.

He definitely could have been looking for his 15 minutes, too!

Just jumping on quickly to let everyone know you're doing a great job of keeping this thread alive! Nice to see Graznik back, thanks to CR for her contributions and link (DON'T take it out, it's a good one), and prayers for zencompass... glad it was just batteries in the monitor, don't scare me like that!!! Almost gave ME a heart attack, and I don't need another one... already had too many!

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I did have a heart attack in December and my cardiologist said I'm the youngest patient he has. Then when he told me that he laughed and I was waiting for him to say "but you're my only patient" but he didn't. :happydance: Anyway he doesn't want me flying anywhere until at least June so that quashed my plans to fly out to the May 5th rally but I do plan to go there at some point. I still find it so amazingly beautiful that Goblin Keeper went there to place a memorial for the three little boys. What a beautiful gesture - thanks so much GK!

I agree - great ideas and discussions are happening here!! Thanks everyone!!

So I kept having a problem with why would a domestic abuser who does it behind closed doors take it to a stretch of woods he claims he didn't know of, had never been in before but then I remembered Mildred French... He takes risks, has a real sense of immunity, invincibility. He can punish the offenders without fear of being caught perhaps has some delusion of grandeur that the police cover for him or would look away. Yeah I think he did follow them into the woods and did it there and I think somehow JKM knew of what happened. Perhaps they had a friendship on the dl and used him as a whipping boy to help clean up his mess but somehow I think JKM has a touch of snitch in him.

I am convinced by reading the following definition of "narcissistic behaviour" from Psychology Today that TH does exhibit it.
Narcissistic Personality Disorder involves arrogant behavior, a lack of empathy for other people, and a need for admiration-all of which must be consistently evident at work and in relationships. People who are narcissistic are frequently described as cocky, self-centered, manipulative, and demanding. Narcissists may concentrate on unlikely personal outcomes (e.g., fame) and may be convinced that they deserve special treatment. JMO

Psychology Today:
Malignant Narcissists will go to great lengths to achieve their aim. They can be intelligent, high functioning (hold an important job for example) soft-spoken, charming, tearful/seemingly emotional, gracious, well mannered, kind and have the ability to form relationships. They may lie, falsely accuse, dramatize, smear, cheat, steal, manipulate, accuse, blame or twist to get what they want and feel justified in doing so. Because they are entitled, egocentric and desperate, they do not experience it as wrong. They are determined to gratify their wishes and furious if thwarted. Their desire can be so consuming that there is little comprehension of, respect for or ability to empathize with the other. They lack guilt or remorse and tend to feel or pronounce that it is they who have been mistreated. They can be of any gender, race or social class.

The combination of subtle paranoia, lack of conscience and sadism in Malignant Narcissists renders these individuals scary, dangerous, and ruthless. Because they have not internalized the capacity for restraint, revenge for imagined assaults can be cruel, excessive and unfathomable. Their wish to humiliate and destroy can be extreme.

Psychology Today:
Malignant Narcissists will go to great lengths to achieve their aim. They can be intelligent, high functioning (hold an important job for example) soft-spoken, charming, tearful/seemingly emotional, gracious, well mannered, kind and have the ability to form relationships. They may lie, falsely accuse, dramatize, smear, cheat, steal, manipulate, accuse, blame or twist to get what they want and feel justified in doing so. Because they are entitled, egocentric and desperate, they do not experience it as wrong. They are determined to gratify their wishes and furious if thwarted. Their desire can be so consuming that there is little comprehension of, respect for or ability to empathize with the other. They lack guilt or remorse and tend to feel or pronounce that it is they who have been mistreated. They can be of any gender, race or social class.

The combination of subtle paranoia, lack of conscience and sadism in Malignant Narcissists renders these individuals scary, dangerous, and ruthless. Because they have not internalized the capacity for restraint, revenge for imagined assaults can be cruel, excessive and unfathomable. Their wish to humiliate and destroy can be extreme.

Glad you're okay now Zencompass :) Very interesting information on narcissistic behavior. I agree that TH shows such behavior time and time again. I watched the available videos of the Pasdar-lawsuit, and TH gave the most inappropriate and deceitful answers to the questions posed by mrs Pasdar's lawyers. For example, he started laughing when the lawyer asked: 'You did backhand PH the night you ended up shooting her brother, correct?' And he wouldn't give a single straight answer when asked about the drug abuse in his past. He showed no remorse whatsoever for assaulting MF, even though it was a traumatising experience for her. PH said in WoM that TH would snap from a 'good guy' into a 'bad guy' within an instant. So lack of conscience - check, sadism - check, lying - DEFINITELY, manipulating - check, convinced that he receives special treatment (WMPD must protect me!) - check, and I could go on and on

Hey Lethalmatthew!

For years other posters have brought up T.H.'s behaviour.

I just find the description of malignant narcissism very scary and I have read blogs of adults describing their childhoods having had narcissistic parents and they are very sad to read. Most are doing well now after having counselling so that is good news but I was shocked to hear so many stories of how this behaviour so detrimentally affected(affects) so many children as well as other family members.

Hey Goblin Keeper!

Just wanted to tell you that I reread your theory this morning. It got me to thinking that S.J. could have been there, especially after Compassionate Reader wondered why he was there searching and how at that exact second of discovery he started rambling about "satanic sacrifices". JMO

Everyone has done a great job with ideas, suggestions, theories, and whatnot. I have a lot to go through this weekend, and will have my next input by Monday evening, Jessie Misskelley's timeline and alibi... And zencompass, that is a wild idea, but a very, VERY good one! I don't know why that hadn't occurred to me; it is certainly possible. And it would explain a lot. CR, thanks for keeping an eye on this thread for me. Don't know what I would do without you! This past semester has been a pain, what with Paul's dad, Bill's bypass and complications, my dissertation and classes, starting a new church in this area as well. Lots to keep busy with! I might even get back on here once the summer is truly started, and I have less to keep me occupied.

Thanks again everyone, you've done a great job! I think when this theory finally begins to shape up, I won't be able to take much credit for it, as much as you've all done!

Love ya one and all!
GK

Sending love right back to you Goblin Keeper!

Just seeing your post today has made my weekend my friend! Take good care and thanks!!

R.I.P. B.B. King Your music always touched my soul.

May 5, 1993 started out like any other day in West Memphis, Arkansas; by the end of the next day, three little boys would be found dead in a drainage ditch and a town would soon be gripped with a “Satanic panic” mentality. Timelines for most of the individuals involved in this horrid set of events on the day of May 5 can be readily established; several individuals’ timelines are questionable. Conjectures are strictly a matter of personal opinion; do not consider these as factual or anything more than speculation. The following paragraphs contain information gleaned from the various statements given by JLM Jr., police records, alibi statements, and court documents. This in no way should be considered an official statement of fact, although the statements are taken from official documents available at http://www.callahan.com associated with each individual noted. Any other sources used will also be noted. I apologize for the length and constant citation, but I am attempting to compose a coherent and viable timeline for all individuals connected in any way to this horrendous event. Please bear with me, and if anyone has anything to suggest, add, delete, edit, correct, whatever… please let me know so it will be right! Thank you so much in advance for your help and patience, it is very much appreciated.

Despite the numerous confessions attributed to JLM Jr., most of which were obviously generated by the officers in charge of his interrogations, there is ample evidence that he was not in the Robin Hood Woods on May 5, 1993. For instance, there is the handwritten statement given by his girlfriend, SRB, on June 17, 1993. The timeline given in that statement:

3:30 pm SRB meets JLM Jr. at SD’s home
4:00 pm Left to go to JH’s home
5:30 pm Heard a commotion and left to see what was going on
6:30 pm Police arrived at scene
7:00 pm Returned to SD’s home
7:10 pm (or 7:20 pm) JLM Jr. left for Dyess, AR for wrestling practice

According to the statement, SRB watched JLM Jr. walk down to RJ’s home to see if he wanted to go to the practice. She is adamant that she never saw DWE or CJB on that date (http://callahan.8k.com/images/susie_brewer_statement.jpg). Her court testimony backed up her statement, and brought out a few other details, including that JLM Jr. went wrestling every Wednesday night in Dyess (http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/susieb.html). This was mentioned by FR in his court testimony on February 1, 1994, as well as their return home about 11:30 pm (http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/frevelle.html).

SD in an interview with the WMPD, gave JLM Jr. good references as a babysitter for her children, who obviously thought a lot of him. They had colored pictures to give him, and were wanting to know when he could come home and get them. Further, she stated that he was seen by her and a number of others gathered around a police car during an incident which she stated took place about 6:30 pm (http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/s_dollar_interview.html). This appears to contradict FR’s account as to the time and place that JLM Jr. was at 6:30 pm. If this detail could be accounted for once and for all, then it is likely there would be no contradiction, but a simple mistake.

But could JLM Jr. have been in the woods earlier that day, say about 9:00 am as was stated in his “confession”? No; according to the statement and court testimony of JD, JLM Jr. was at his home and they were picked up by RD for a roofing job. This job took until approximately 1:30 pm and when they returned, JLM Jr. ate a couple of sandwiches and then either saw his girlfriend SRB, and was at a bus stop with her, or he went to SD’s house to babysit (http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/joshd.html, cf. http://callahan.8k.com/images2/j_darby/j_darby_statement_1.jpg and http://callahan.8k.com/images2/j_darby/j_darby_statement_2.jpg). RD, for whom JD and JLM Jr. worked on the roofing job, corroborated these statements (http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/rickd.html, cf. http://callahan.8k.com/images2/r_deese/deese_r_statement.jpg).

From these statements and court testimonies, we can pretty much rule out JLM Jr.’s being in Robin Hood Woods at any time on May 5, 1993. From early morning until shortly after noon, he was working and in the presence of two witnesses which contradict his “confession.” Afterward, he was at SD’s house babysitting, corroborated by her and later his girlfriend, SRB. From the time she arrived home after school, until he returned to Marion about 11:30 pm, he was in the presence of a number of witnesses, all of whom contradict the statements he made to the WMPD.

What does this tell us?

Considering the transcripts of JLM Jr.’s “confession,” it is obvious this statement was done in a leading and coercive manner. Following protocol and allowing the witness to lead the way in a confession seem to have been forgotten (best case for them) or ignored (worst case). More often than not in the statements, the police interrogating him give him the answers they want to hear, and he merely parrots their statements (http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/jmjune1.html, cf. http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/jmjune2.html). These statements contradict the testimony of all of JLM Jr.’s alibi witnesses, several of those mentioned above. There are a great deal more who testified or made statements to his being in Dyess wrestling that night. WMPD ignored those statements, and the prosecution went along with the WMPD’s (mis)judgment.

In this instance there was not only a rush to judgment, not only a misperception of evidence (what little there was of it, and none of it pointing in JLM Jr.’s direction), but there was a miscarriage of justice and jurisprudence. I do not claim to know what went through the heads of the WMPD, the district attorneys, the judge, or the jury. I do not have to know to see there was a total screw-up (please forgive my language) in this case.

End result: an innocent young man lost almost 20 years of his life where he never should have been. Political careers were staked on this case, retirements, promotions and transfers. The only consolation: political careers went awry, retirements were interrupted by legal entanglements, and positions were lost through mismanagement, embezzlement, and theft. It seems that the very people in charge of railroading an innocent teenager were not so innocent themselves. It is a shame they could not have been taken out of the way sooner.

Next in the timeline/alibi saga will be CJB. And then we will begin putting timelines into a semi-coherent comparison. Then other statements will be added to clarify, put into perspective, and bring light into the dark places. Perhaps then we can begin to form a hypothesis that might even compare to those we have seen both here on Websleuths and in other forums and websites.

Thank you for your kind attention, and now, I return you to your regular programming.

As always, I remain your servant,
GK

Thank you so much Goblin Keeper for your amazing attention to detail and facts as always!

Yay, very happy to see you back AND presenting another summary GK! Factual as always.

The only thing I could possibly think of adding is the fact that JLM jr. alibi witnesses has been discussed to great length. Non's completely discredit them (quelle surprise), and the prosecution managed to discredit a lot of them during cross examination.

Thank you, zencompass and Graznik! It's good to be back. And thanks for the suggestion, Graznik. It's been my experience in going through the trial transcripts that the discrediting the prosecution did was not actually discrediting at all, but basically a hatchet job in order to get their position put through. Anything that threatened their idea (it can't even be considered a true theory) was torpedoed or otherwise struck down. I have done in-depth analysis of the statements, and the transcripts, only to come to the conclusion that the prosecution and judge were definitely out to prove their idea as truth, and anything that opposed it was false.

Once I'm done with CJB, and that is posted (hopefully this week), I am going to start arranging my 3x5 wall so I can set up a spreadsheet that corresponds to it, and then post what I can to show how everything fits together, and how certain gaps are found in the strangest of places...

I have missed everyone here, and am glad to be back among those who want to correct this injustice! Sending love and best wishes to all!!!

Wonderful, as always, GK! One other witness you might want to include is LH ( http://www.callahan.8k.com/wm3/lhoggard1.html ). His testimony, IMO, is important because he is an adult whereas most of the other alibi witnesses presented were teenagers. Yes, they were discredited (somewhat) by the prosecution because they were teenagers, and because the inexperienced defense attorneys were less adept at redirect than the prosecution attorneys were at cross. As most people know, the young and the mentally challenged are two groups of people who are easily misled and confused by questioning. If you look at the old thread about false confessions ( http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?127073-On-False-Confessions ), you will see what I mean. IMO, what happened with JLM, Jr. was at least unethical if not criminal on the part of the wmpd. They took a young, mentally-challenged man and "helped" him to "prove" their case. They used the Reid Technique ( http://law.uark.edu/documents/Judges-Reid-Technique.pdf ) which is designed to obtain a confession from a witness. Unfortunately, too often, the confessions obtained are false, as was the case here. The witness testimony I cited above is from an adult, and, IMO, the prosecution was unable to adequately discredit him. All they managed to do was to show that he was a friend of JLM, Jr. That's why I consider him to be the best alibi witness presented. Based on his testimony alone, JLM, Jr. couldn't have committed the murders in the manner described in his "confession" statements.

Thank you for the offer of help, Graznik, and I will take you up on that! There's a lot of work, and I will definitely be needing another set of eyes (especially since mine are getting bleary!). CR, I completely forgot about LH, and I had pulled up Callahan's material on him. You mentioned the Reid Technique, and I am unfortunately familiar with that, having done some research into it where cases were decided on the basis of false confessions. The number is staggering, much more than most people would even think. I know I was shocked. Thanks for the information and reminder about LH, CR. I will revise the post in my files to reflect his contribution to the case, even though it was largely ignored by LE. Everyone here has been doing such wonderful work, I feel bad that I was absent for so long! Thank you, one and all, your hard work is greatly appreciated! And now, I return you to your regularly scheduled programming...

Much love and many thanks,
GK

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500