Goffstown School Locked Down After White Powder Found Suspicious Envelopes Found At

From the wjla article:

“This was a dastardly and incredibly disruptive act that has alarmed people unnecessarily," Mayor Vincent Gray said in a statement.

I love this. The word "dastardly" really needs to make a comeback. Thank you, Mayor Gray!

So this was back in 2011? It's been going on for a year now, or am I mis-interpreting or reading it? The March dates gel, for sure. Oops, just noticed it was May....
Good eye. Not sure. Also, not sure that, if this is an earlier incident (and it appears to be), no one is yet linking this with the current one. While looking for info, I do note that, in this spate of corn starch-y mayhem, a Washington D.C. restaurant did get a letter though!
----
Yes, those D.C. articles I posted do in fact refer to a 2011 incident - letters mailed, as with these current ones, from north TX.

Here's the D.C. restaurant(s) thing:
D.C. Fire and the FBI responded to a report of a suspicious powder at a restaurant in downtown D.C. Tuesday afternoon.

The powder was reported inside Aria Pizzeria & Bar. Hazmat crews were called.
---
Hazmat responded to a report of a letter with an unknown substance at a restaurant on F Street NW Monday evening. F was closed between Ninth and 10th streets while hazmat investigated the letter at Amorini Panini.
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Suspicious-Powder-at-Downtown-DC-Restaurant-141645463.html

What restaurant?! I missed that one....my google fu is off today.

Whoops just missed your post on it! :D

Some context here:
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/White-Powder-Hoaxes-Cause-Scares-141518853.html
Also, this:
NBC 5 has learned the letter sent to the Neue Gallery in Manhattan was postmarked in Grapevine and contained a cryptic message: “Law enforcement in this country is corrupt.” It also made reference to the “Nazi police.”
A series of mailings sent from North Texas since 2008 -- hundreds of letters in all -- have challenged U.S. postal inspectors and FBI agents.

The first letters were sent to governor’s offices around the country and U.S. embassies around the world from Spain to South Korea.

All the postmarks were stamped “Dallas” or “North Texas.”

Since then, hundreds more letters have turned up at schools, defense contracts and airports.

Many of the early letters contained the same confusing, cryptic message about "Al Qaeda, FBI in America,” NBC 5 has reported.

The envelopes included return addresses, but they didn't give agents much of a clue. They were the addresses of current or former FBI offices in Texas.

Okay, let's see.....sleuthing. While this may mean (and probably does mean) nothing in itself, considering the glut of letters sent to all sorts of places, the Neue Galerie letter arrived on 05 March. The Neue being a repository of first-half of the 20th c. German and Austrian art, it's interesting to note that the letter includes a Nazi reference ("Nazi police").
March 5, 1933: Adolf Hitler's Nazi Party receives 43.9% at the Reichstag elections. This later allows the Nazis to pass the Enabling Act and establish a dictatorship. (Wiki)
Anniversary thing? I doubt it. But - not uninteresting.

Today is Super Tuesday - elections here in MA, as well as AK (2 places where letters were received). Anniversary of the Reichstag election you cited??

Maybe a long shot but hey, nothing else makes sense!

A bit more on the 2010 "mysterious powder" embassy letters:
Envelopes containing anti-Israel letters and a suspicious white powder were sent to the embassies of the United States, Sweden and Spain in Tel Aviv on Tuesday.

The letters were written with a pro-Nazi slant and condemned Israeli policy in the West Bank.
http://www.haaretz.com/news/diploma...to-u-s-spanish-and-swedish-embassies-1.313805
Reports indicated that the some of the letters have contained threats against a number of high ranking officials and have contained the Nazi swastika, according to MiddleEastMonitor.org.UK.
http://www.bioprepwatch.com/news/norwegian-embassy-in-israel-receives-anthrax-hoax-letter/216008/

THe US, Sweden and Spain? There's a motley crew (not Crue :innocent: ) for you.

The Nazi thing seems to be what's in common with today's letters... nazi police, etc... But he makes reference to Nazi police in a seemingly negative way now, yet in the past sends a swastika letter to Israel. :waitasec:

this has been happening since 2008?! :gasp:

they better get a handle on this before the lunatic starts sending something toxic

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back