Got Crocs? Be careful on the escalator

I do not like the croc clogs, but have several pairs of the flip-flops and LOVE them. Probably love them a bit too much!!! My girls each have a pair of the clogs and oldest has a pair of flip flops and Mary Janes.

We all have Crocs. LOVE them!!! I have a couple pairs of the clogs and one pair of flip flops. Kids have 'em and hubby even has a pair of the clogs. :eek: :D

While they are not the prettiest of shoes, they are hands-down the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. Everyone at works cracks up when I wear my bright pink ones on Fridays! :cool: :p

Danny bought his first pair this summer. My 16-year-old niece was in town and giving him a hard time because he wears them with the strap behind his ankle....he can't stand the "flip-flop" feeling. So now he's all paranoid that he's a Croc nerd.

My foot is so long, I can't find a pair of clogs that seem to be long enough for my heel not to rest on the outer edge. Can't stand that.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Danny bought his first pair this summer. My 16-year-old niece was in town and giving him a hard time because he wears them with the strap behind his ankle....he can't stand the "flip-flop" feeling. So now he's all paranoid that he's a Croc nerd.

A Croc nerd.... Art wears his that way too... wait until I call him a Croc nerd... He won't wear them in public anyway - says he's "not ready." :D He wears them when out grilling in the back yard... Such a goober! :silenced: :innocent:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A Croc nerd.... Art wears his that way too... wait until I call him a Croc nerd... He won't wear them in public anyway - says he's "not ready." :D He wears them when out grilling in the back yard... Such a goober! :silenced: :innocent:

Tell him since I met the bottom of his feet on our FIRST meeting, he can go out in public wearing his Crocs....

I live in a small town. We have a small department store with a shoe department. They are really pretty hip and have pretty much the latest styles in shoes. Crocs have been stocked for a long time, way before the copies started coming out. The only size they had that fit me was lavender. I bought them and the more I wore them the more I wanted to. I bought a pair of navy blue ones later. I just went to their website and checked out the flip-flops. I think I'll go into town and see if they have any in stock. Look really nice. the last flip flops I bought were from Bass Pro Shop and they weren't cheap at all.

Footwear more dangerous than Crocs on an escalator:

Stiletto pumps
Sneakers with the laces untied

I love my Crocs.

I did go to the website a while ago and looked at all the different styles, and there were some not so bad looking on there. But around here it's like all you can buy is the clogs! And then also in it's many fake variations. I haven't seen an actual Croc in the store so that I could feel the material. Plenty of fake brands though, and they all feel very plasticky and not as flexible as Crocs supposedly are. I guess that after growing up in leather and that, I just feel weird about putting a (cheap thus bad in my conditioned mind ;)) mixture of plastic and rubber on my feet! (No, I don't wear flip flops either LOL).

That's how I felt about them. And heat is the enemy of my feet. Plastic and shoes don't mix for me. However, remember back in the early 80's these shoes/sandals called "Jellies" were really popular, they were bright, see through plastic. I never had those either, wouldn't have been able to wear them. By the time I get Crocs they will either be outlawed or no longer "cool".

I never liked those big gawdy looking shoes but the more I read here the more I feel like I am missing out on something..hmm I went to the website and I guess I like the 'beach' clog in Army Green color. Are they really THAT comfortable?? How do they run in sizes? Like I am usually a size 9 so are they pretty true to size? And yes I would be a croc nerd if I got them because if it has a ankle strap then I put it on my ankle. I am sooo weird like that. I have to use stuff exactly how it is meant to be used lol.

What sold me is how comfortable they are. They mold to your feet and are just amazingly comfortable. I just can't explain it other than my feet are so stress free in them. Some days I am a Croc nerd, other days I don't wear the strap.

I never liked those big gawdy looking shoes but the more I read here the more I feel like I am missing out on something..hmm I went to the website and I guess I like the 'beach' clog in Army Green color. Are they really THAT comfortable?? How do they run in sizes? Like I am usually a size 9 so are they pretty true to size? And yes I would be a croc nerd if I got them because if it has a ankle strap then I put it on my ankle. I am sooo weird like that. I have to use stuff exactly how it is meant to be used lol.
Yes, they are THAT comfortable. I do not think they have half sizes and they do run pretty true to size. Mine are called 'Fire', orange and yellow swirls, really cool. I wear them with the straps forward (like clogs) but my son wears them back. They are the best things for gardening, my toes don't get dirty and they crocs just rinse off with the garden hose.

My husband hates Crocs. Calls them "fugly". But guess who I caught wearing mine at the beach. And he even admitted that how comfy they were.

I love my Crocs. Absolutely love them. They are not the prettiest shoe ever, but as far a comfort, they are the best!!!!! The absolute best and I would recommend them to anyone. I wear them everywhere. THey are especially good to garden and mow in as you can just wash them right off! :dance:

What sold me is how comfortable they are. They mold to your feet and are just amazingly comfortable. I just can't explain it other than my feet are so stress free in them. Some days I am a Croc nerd, other days I don't wear the strap.

Croc nerd. LMAO!

We all have a pair of crocs. I got some for my birthday and I liked them so well I got my hubby a pair for Father's Day. I was tired of him ruining his sneakers when he cut the grass. I figured he could hose them off and it was something that could cover and protect his toes from the mower. Then I got tired of my son getting his sneaks wet when he went fishing. I figured he could even wade in the water with them. Daughter got a pair just because, oh yeah, she got another pair but they are Bobbie Jacks, not crocs.

I am so afraid of going down an escalator, crocs or not. I was fine up until 3 years ago when we went to go down one at the mall. I got very dizzy and refused to go down. Turns out I had the flu. Ever since then I have a fear of going down, up is fine though.:D

I ahve 6 pairs of crocs. I love them. I wear them all the time. However, I do trip on mine alot. I am also careful when I wear them in the mall and am especially careful on the escalator when wearing them. My husband loves his and wears them to work all the time.

I love my Crocs. I have the Mary Jane-type b/c I'm a girly-girly-girl and love to have the girly-girl style in everything. LOL Mine are brown so they will go with lots of stuff. :p

I have had 2 pair of crocs. I thought they were so dorky at first , but now I love em. I only buy them in black though. I am not daring enough to get all the funky colors.

I do have a word of caution though. I wore my crocs so much, that the rough grooves on the bottom of the shoe that maintain traction wore down to almost a completely flat surface. I was not aware of it and while walking into Target on a rainy day I fell flat on my arse. Not equating the fall with my shoes, I proceeded onto the the next store (with two teens dying of laughter at my expense). Again, I slipped and fell on my arse in the entry way of the store. This time we all laughed so hard we had to exit the store and return to the car where the three of us laughed until we cried. We decided we couldn't handle the comedy anymore and my arse was a little sore...so we headed home. After getting out of the car, I again slid on the wet driveway. It finally occured to me to look at the bottoms of my shoes and it is then I discovered the surface had been worn down and caused me to make a fool out of myself 3 times. I am glad that I only suffered embarassment. I could have been hurt a lot worse.

I am glad you were not seriously hurt, although sometimes pride hurts worse than a broken arm, lol. Thanks for sharing this with us. After reading this, I checked the bottom of my moms Crocs (and the pair she stole from me), they really do wear after use. I was shocked how worn the bottoms get. I got online and ordered her new Crocs. Figure I will surprise her. I don't want to be caring for a broken hip too, lol. Does anyone know if the swirly kind for kids are available for adults. I emailed them and asked a long time ago but never got a reponse. I also didn't see the swirly looking ones in adult sizes on their site.

I agree that you have to be very careful on wet concrete. Crocs do become a danger then. I have almost busted my @ss several times. :bang:

Well...I bought my first pair thanks to all of you! hehehe..I absolutely LOVE wearing them. I am feeling a little bit like BIG FOOT but because of how comfortable they are I really don't care! I had to get the pearl color (off white) because it is all they had in my size besides a really wild pink. I feel like I am wearing nurse shoes but as soon as I find a better color I will buy more! ;) p.s now my son who is in 2nd grade wants a pair. I almost bought him a pair of black ones with a red strap but the holes were shaped as mickey mouse and he thinks he is too old for mickey so he has to wait..

I just ordered 3 pairs since my hubby and sons stole my last 2 pairs.

I was thrilled to see they now have the flip flops in a slimmer version.
I also ordered 2 of the ballet styled shoes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back