Got Milk???

I don't know how the episode would hold up today. At the time, it was both outrageous and hysterical.

Your milk issue makes you sound like one of the women in my family. Are you sure you aren't my sister?

LOL - knowing my family and their ability to keep secrets, anything is possible!

LOL - knowing my family and their ability to keep secrets, anything is possible!

Mine is the same. Let's just assume we're related, 'k? What time is Christmas dinner?

I think its wonderful if you can donate your milk to a baby through the hospital only. I think its wrong to sell it. There are plenty of people who think breast milk is sterile and would buy it. SAD.

I think its wonderful if you can donate your milk to a baby through the hospital only. I think its wrong to sell it. There are plenty of people who think breast milk is sterile and would buy it. SAD.

If it's legal to sell your hair, why not breast milk? Both are renewable resources.

When my 24 yo was about 8 weeks old, my dh and i had been given a free trip to the Bahamas.I did not want to take a tiny baby with me, for fear of illness, so I left him with my brother.
Anyway, since I couldn't nurse, I would become engorged and would pump out as much as possible. But that just doesn't empty you like a nursing baby. There was another woman on the cruise that brought her 3 week old along. She wanted to party but couldn't because she was nursing. I wanted to nurse and didn't really care about tying one on. So she let me nurse her baby. I was able to empty my milk and she was able to party.It was a win win for both of us.
I cannot even imagine letting anyone nurse my baby! At the time it seemed totally fine, but in retrospect what a crazy thing for this lady to do. We were in our 20's so maybe that was why we weren't worried. But she didn't know me from Adam. I knew my milk was fine but she didn't know anything about my history.
I wonder if she thinks back on that and goes what was I thinking?!

So she had her very own wet nurse on vacation! Not a bad deal at all.

I guess that it does seem kind of strange now adays, but back in the day, a wet nurse was a pretty popular thing. It's just all of the disease and substances that we have to worry about now keep us from doing that...which is too bad because breat milk gives babies a wonderful begininng. So many benefits! I nursed both of mine and I swear that that was a big contributor to why they hardly ever get sick and are very intelligent. I could have been a wet nurse. I could spray my ex husband from across the room when I was nursing! :eek: :p :blushing:

When my 24 yo was about 8 weeks old, my dh and i had been given a free trip to the Bahamas.I did not want to take a tiny baby with me, for fear of illness, so I left him with my brother.
Anyway, since I couldn't nurse, I would become engorged and would pump out as much as possible. But that just doesn't empty you like a nursing baby. There was another woman on the cruise that brought her 3 week old along. She wanted to party but couldn't because she was nursing. I wanted to nurse and didn't really care about tying one on. So she let me nurse her baby. I was able to empty my milk and she was able to party.It was a win win for both of us.
I cannot even imagine letting anyone nurse my baby! At the time it seemed totally fine, but in retrospect what a crazy thing for this lady to do. We were in our 20's so maybe that was why we weren't worried. But she didn't know me from Adam. I knew my milk was fine but she didn't know anything about my history.
I wonder if she thinks back on that and goes what was I thinking?!

Naw, she probably isn't thinking back. Maybe she did that on other cruises. I am so kidding. You should have cahrged her even though it was helping ya out. LOL You could have said "Look Wetnurses get $45.00 an hour, honey".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back