Gov. Haley Barbour approved full pardons for nearly 200 people

AC360: two of these murderers were taken to a car dealership by the Gov.'s wife to purchase cars :what:

The whole affair is very fishy. No one is saying who paid for these cars, it wasn't the prisoners.

Records show Hooker bought a white 2007 Ford Focus while Gatlin picked up a gray Chevy HHR. Both vehicles were paid for with bank checks from Bank Plus. Both men put no money down. It remains unclear how the men were able to secure bank checks while still in the custody of the Mississippi Highway Patrol.

When reached by CNN at the dealership, the salesman who sold the men the cars refused to comment.

"I am not allowed to speak about any transactions," he said.

But the investigative reports compiled by Mississippi's attorney general's office show that Barbour's wife, Marsha Barbour, aided the transaction.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/03/14/us/mississippi-pardons-special-treatment/?hpt=us_c2

Very, very strange and suspicious. Who paid for the cars? Someone needs to look further into this. Why would a governor and his wife arrange to buy cars for prisoners convicted of murder?

I think this ex-governor just likes feeling like he is god. He can give someone "a second chance." Do the victims of the killers he released get a second chance? Oh wait-they are dead.

Mississippi AG takes Barbour pardons back to state's high court

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/22/justice/mississippi-pardons-challenge/index.html?hpt=ju_c2

By Rich Phillips, CNN

updated 5:37 AM EDT, Fri March 23, 2012

(CNN) -- Mississippi's attorney general Thursday again asked the state Supreme Court to overturn some 200 pardons, including those of convicted murderers, issued by former Gov. Haley Barbour in January during his last days in office.

In a brief, Attorney General Jim Hood argued that the case should be reheard because the "private personal rights" of the victims, as provided by the state constitution and the Mississippi Crime Victims' Bill of Rights, were violated by the pardons.

"I am so pleased. I am so happy that Jim Hood is not ready to roll over and die yet," said Randy Walker, who was wounded by one of the pardoned killers. "We're excited," he said.

More at link....

I am sat here with my mouth hanging open. There are just no words.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back