*graphic and adult content* Jodi Arias Trial media/ timeline thread **no discussion**

Hayes . . . sworn in . . walk around and have a seat -

Jill Hayes - she is a forensic neuro psycholgoist - works in AZ and Louisana . . licensed in both states . . . what state do you live - louisiana

when receive bachelors degree 1990 - ARmstrong STate college Savanah GA - in psychology - kept going
went to Augusta State College - Augusta GA . . masters degree in applied psych
took a year off - worked in psychology - she was psychomotrist for a neuro-psychologist

she went to Louisiana . . . 1993 LSU graduate iarn 1998 with Doctorate . . . can you practice had to wait to license - do another year before sit before licensing exam . . LSU health Science center - in New Orleans . . on faculty and did fellowship in Neuro-Psych and Psych . . she was hired as assistant professor . . she could take exam upon licensing but oral exam taken end of the year - licensed in 1999

continued as Asst Prof - then associate professor contineud on . . .with LSU for 8 years . . .what were duties .

teaching, research, see patients, administrative work - a number of things . . after those 8 years Hurricane Katrina - part of med school under water - came out here @ ASU - work with forensic psychologist Steven Pitt.

practice is now mostly forensic psychology . .. see people seen prior to hurricane katrina - worked @ clinic and saw police officers who had difficulty as well . . .

75 times testified . . .current case load - cases testified . . . prosecutor . . . keep 4 years of . . . today I am 50/50 . .

TSI - Trauma symptom inventory - used to measure symptoms of depression, anxiety, difficulties person may have for certain trauma.

forensic eval - realm of trauma . . .trauma - some indication of trauma .. figure out why they are coming to see you and proceed accordingly
individual took a test . . PDS . . PostTraumatic Diagnostic scale . . paper and pencil rate on scale 0-3 how bad particular item in question

are you familiar PDS test in this test

question 14 . . of the test administered of teh PDS
no
is there a questions deals with trauma involved
i believe so
trauma turns out to be untruthful or lie
give concern of course
validity to PDs test
if teh premise of behind reason person was given test was a lie - calls into question everything else person said on the test

would you question . . . they may have lied about this trauma becaus may have endured some other trauma

trauma is a lie. . every symptom is based on lie . . if that is case - how valid could test be if event was a lie . . if every answer was lie of course test would be invalid

somehow someone was psychologist if answer was a lie . . what confidence do you have that no truth.

if you know 100% something a lie how do you know what answer is the truth

would you begin to use that as a starting point based on the lie?
objection may we approach?

Would you have any confidence to continue to ignore the results of the lie . .

it would be depend on the situation ....ongoing evaluation . . .person lied only one time . . .if forensic evaluation and only one bite at the apple - i would explain the validity and explain that in my report and discuss it and just be honestwe approach?>

would you attempt to score this 3 times?
objection judge - may we approach>

floating profile in the MMPI . . of the 10 clinical scales 8 or almost 8 are in the elevated range above Tscore of 65-70.

regard to that particular profile . .. who coined it came up with it?
a person named Strong in 1958 (strum) . . . person had this type of elevated profile across the board . . also applied to folks with borderline personality disorder

MMPI . . . have you seen this before
I believe so
floating profile . .what is floating?

can you show us these scales circled . . floating about it is they are all elevated . . floating profile borderline personality is that outdated concept - gone by wayside . . not discussed frequently antiquated term but still being used.

if individual said no longer valid applies to borderline personality disorder - with all due respect I would disagree. . . Dr. G works with kids with spinal injuries . . he didn't say floating profile wasn't valid . . but changed name . . call it disability profile because it was the disablity population - still showed borderline personlaity disorder

are you familiare with TSi = yes I am

if TSI was taken TSI 1 after TSI 2 out . . nothing wrong with taking old test .. nothing wrong with that . . many wait to see if the new test isas good as old test .. . many will wait to see if the new one is just as good.

TSI 1 used even if TSI 2 available ok - peer reviewed literature

when should we use these new tests if clinician wants to switch to new one (or not) that must be respected.

scored by hand
i am - i was raised on that one

requirement for people best course take is to have summary scales . . .
no
I am relying on 2 things - handscore . . .when I was trained national crime victims research and treatment . . . didn't have computer score on the handscore there is no spot to write scores and calculate it . . i contacted the pubisher and asked . . . they said .. .
objection . . .
part of research as expert . . in some cases you would in this case i did

whether or not summary scales are required . . . what did you learn about the requirement there be a summary be attached to scales.

i didn't learn anything new - i already

Psychological resources back called POL . . . terry Line representative from company

those are clinical scales . .
do you need have summary scales to know scales score?
no

go and look @ those and make assessment and determine what going on . . if you have 25 scales . . . but to have 3 summary scales .

famaliar with MMPI . . exhibit #631 - most common used test of pscyhopathology given by psycholgists

determination to diagnose with borderline personality disorder
it is helpful .. but other peieces of the puzzle . . no psychologist i know base diagnosis soleley on a test a forensic interview collateral information . .. all the data to point to certain direction to be fairly sure all your are saying is accurate

psychologist fits all the criteria all the time . . psychologist has to make a decision . . people are all different and we are not always consistent so no.

assesssment and diagnosis . . .a diagnosis is not going to rise and fall with results of a test

PDS, MMPI< MCMI . . .TSI . . i believe this person has PTSD or borderline . . what is required you do an evaluatoin - helpful to do an interview

hypothesis . . . confirm or deny other sources of information

MMPI 2 - administer this test . . .give them this test or any work done before administer test?
objection approach

Is there a level of confidence example of reading ability ....it would not enough just to talk to them . . make sure person reading test can understand it . . . Wide Range Achievement test . . WRAT 4 . . 4th edition - simple and easy to give test . . important - some folks who graduated college reading @ 3rd grade level..
if someone testified before you said only reason Dr. Demarte was to get more money
I would strongly disagree it takes about 5 min . .

not have a normed level . . . Ms. arias was @ 4th grade level . . 6th to 8th grade read level . . . not responsive

before Dr. Demante gives this WRAT test she has read thousands of pages in a diary JA written and text messages between Ms. ARias and other people - JA clearly able to follow this conversation . . and IQ score of 112 isn't that enough?

she can read @ 5th grade level .. . more than 5th - it is 6 - 8 grade level isn't that enough
no I can tell you Dr. Demarte to take 5 min and do it . . . conduct a reading recognition . . you can get a grade level . . don't thinks she did conduct whole test just reading recognition - i will check . .

just read recognition . . .despite the 112 IQ still believe she should do it
absolutely - if she didn't she would have been crucified . . . make sure no problem wit hher reading - possiblity I would have done it

MMPi - it was helpful to diagnose borderline . . no test should be used to diagnose . .

i am talking about mmpi - personality characteristics and psychopathology

it remains static . . .state charcteristics vs. trait characteristis . . way they answer the question

objection non-r esponsive

normed against general population

MMPI normed against people who don't have psychological disorders. . . based on normal population . . . normal in "air quotes". . . .

MCMI - another great test . .. also is MMPI . .

if I could I would give both if given a choice I would use MMPI . . .

MCMI is great . . .

7 month window doesn't make a difference . . you are looking @ one data point . . . in terms of the titanic you are looking at one deck chair.

this is a murder case - called and verified . . absolutely

summary scales are not required . . instructions on how to give tSI

During Juan's closing, he showed some photos of Travis and his wounds. These are photos Jodi has already seen. On the day where she is supposed to be on her best behavior, she kept help herself from gawking at the gruesome reality of what she did.

346t4oz.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back