Graphic Photos/ Day 6 The Garotte, The Cord, and Paint brush/12 Days of JonBenet

This poor baby was all bruised up. I don't understand. Who could have had such strong feelings against a child that they would go to the level that this person did? I feel like if she was killed by someone else to hurt her parents, it would have been cleaner. Maybe they would have hit her in the head or suffocated her, but so much more than that obviously happened. It makes me feel like the person had a strong hatred or anger towards Jonbenet, which confuses me. She was a small child. What could she have done to cause someone to hate her this much? I wonder if someone was afraid that she was going to tell about something they did to her? Or if she already said something that caused suspicion.

This poor baby was all bruised up. I don't understand. Who could have had such strong feelings against a child that they would go to the level that this person did. I feel like if she was killed by someone else to hurt her parents, it would have been cleaner. Maybe they would have hit her in the head or suffocated her, but so much more than that obviously happened. It makes me feel like the person had a strong hatred or anger towards Jonbenet, which confuses me. She was a small child. What could she have done to cause someone to hate her this much? I wonder if someone was afraid that she was going to tell about something they did to her? Or if she already said something that caused suspicion.

I hate that the device is always referred to as a garrote.
It clearly is not a garrote.
And to me it is clearly a toggle rope.

Toggle ropes
attachment.php
attachment.php

Garrote
attachment.php
attachment.php

Toggle ropes or commando ropes are used in hiking/rock climbing (JAR), the military (JR) and boy scouts - they call it a buddy rope (BR) and probably a lot of other uses too.
The house keeper said she saw a similar device on a box in the basement during her time working at the Ramseys.(I'll try and find her exact wording)
I see the toggle as a method to drag the body not strangle.
For example, the person who was responsible for the blow to the head needed to move the body but found it too heavy to carry.

I see the toggle as a method to drag the body not strangle.
For example, the person who was responsible for the blow to the head needed to move the body but found it too heavy to carry.
Then I'd expect to see abrasions on the rest of the body from being dragged, and debris all over her from the floor. That basement floor was nasty.

Also, I'm pretty sure it was said that the groove around her neck was almost horizontal, only going up the slightest degree at the back, and didn't have repositioning (no multiple lines up and down). It was not acutely angled as it would be in a hanging or if she was dragged by the ligature.

MOO

Then I'd expect to see abrasions on the rest of the body from being dragged, and debris all over her from the floor. That basement floor was nasty.

Also, I'm pretty sure it was said that the groove around her neck was almost horizontal, only going up the slightest degree at the back, and didn't have repositioning (no multiple lines up and down). It was not acutely angled as it would be in a hanging or if she was dragged by the ligature.

MOO

I agree with all of the points you make and was not aware of some of the detail you provided!
I was more explaining how a toggle would be used vs. a garotte. I have always understood a garotte to be a two handled device. When I hear garotte, my mind goes to mafia hit man.

The garrote and its use has an interesting history dating all the way back to the 17th century. At one point it was said to be used for "silent assassination", often used by soldiers in various armies but also as a method of carrying out a death sentence. It is extremely effective as if the person being garroted tries to struggle, it just tightens around the neck. Usually with a single stick, the word garrotte comes from the Spanish word for stick. It was used as recently as 1974 in Spain to executed two men convicted of killing police officers. In 1990 the country of Andorra became the last country to officially abolish the death penalty by garroting. But it is also has been known to be used by those engaging in EA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back