Greece Greece - Ben Needham, 21 mos, Isle of Kos, 24 July 1991

Its said that he was crushed to death by an accident - the guy that did it passed away and there's a cover up of some sort that was involved

Police, however, is also looking into possibility that something even more sinister went down

I can't get out of my head the fact he had wet himself and his shorts were wet and hung on the tree. I have two questions. One is: was he naked from the waist down when he went missing & wandered off?

Also, the neighbour saw the uncle drive off on his scooter alone. Did she then come away from her viewing area and did the Uncle change his mind, come back on the bike, nab the shorts, bung them on Ben and drive off (and then an accident happened)? It was said he wanted to go on the bike with his uncle, did he then cry out of upset he wasn't allowed on the bike? (But then why wasn't he heard?) or didn't he cry because he did actually go on the bike? I am mindful that the poor uncle has had decades of finger pointing at him and so I feel awkward asking, but its just my own opinion/questions - even though i'm aware it must be super awkward for him.....however, I've no idea what the Uncle's account was...it was said he was going to buy chips and something else (?) to eat....he was gone for 2 hours apparently...were those two hours checked out by Police?

For me the most likely scenario (apart from looking for the digger sound - was he bold enough to wander off on his own?) is the uncle coming back, putting Ben's shorts on him and something went horribly wrong. I feel sorry for the Uncle if that happened and the years of living with that. Also feel sorry that he has had decades of finger pointing at him when he could well be innocent. Just my opinion. Would the Grandparents have heard the bike coming back though? Or the neighbour? How noisy was the bike? Did bikes pass through the area so that you didnt look to see who it was?

Also, is it correct they had their own house diagonally opposite the house that was being 'done up' by Granddad? Were two houses involved? Or am I confused?

Just my opinion. I'd welcome some thoughts on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm now re-watching this documentary from 1991 and have even more questions (please see posts above first).

It says they were rennovating this house to live in themselves (I thought they were doing work for someone else's house - oops) and that they were living in a Caravan nearby. Anyone know where this caravan was?

Grandmother also says (whilst showing their caravan) they got chairs from the Gypsies who came up and down the lane. Was it the same lane?
So the gypsies knew about Ben already then......interesting! Plus later on its mentioned the Police had broken 8 child selling rings (children for sale for adoption) so clearly that was rife.

Also the blonde boy on the balcony they zoom in on 5 years later....thoughts?

I'm now re-watching this documentary from 1991 and have even more questions (please see posts above first).

It says they were rennovating this house to live in themselves (I thought they were doing work for someone else's house - oops) and that they were living in a Caravan nearby. Anyone know where this caravan was?

Grandmother also says (whilst showing their caravan) they got chairs from the Gypsies who came up and down the lane. Was it the same lane?
So the gypsies knew about Ben already then......interesting! Plus later on its mentioned the Police had broken 8 child selling rings (children for sale for adoption) so clearly that was rife.

Also the blonde boy on the balcony they zoom in on 5 years later....thoughts?

Just watched from the "boy on the balcony" bit, 41 mins in. Interesting.

From that docu it seems plausible that gypsies took him and spirited him away (for money) elsewhere in Europe. I would love to think Ben grew up somewhere safe and loved, but as he's now 30 years old you'd think he'd have heard the story by now and come forward.

Perhaps this will be solved through a genetic matching database, I hope Bens family have registered their DNA everywhere they can.

Just watched from the "boy on the balcony" bit, 41 mins in. Interesting.

From that docu it seems plausible that gypsies took him and spirited him away (for money) elsewhere in Europe. I would love to think Ben grew up somewhere safe and loved, but as he's now 30 years old you'd think he'd have heard the story by now and come forward.

Perhaps this will be solved through a genetic matching database, I hope Bens family have registered their DNA everywhere they can.

I know there have been tons of false sights but that lad on the balcony had a similar look about him to Ben's family. He probably looks totally different now (the lad on the balcony).

I had no idea the family lived in a caravan and bought tables and chairs off the gypsies who passed through their lane. I really want to know what lane the caravan was on. Was it near to the house being renovated? Anyone know?

Good point re taking a DNA test.

I've just found this and it answers many of my questions...and more. I had no idea there was a younger brother Danny who was there that day. I still can't get out of my head about the caravan (the article states where it was) and the passing gypsies the grandparents bought tables and chairs from. I can imagine them having a conversation about they were rennovating a farmhouse and where it was. JMO

The family of missing child Ben Needham open up to Melanie McFadyean

Today marks 29 YEARS since Ben's disappearance from the island of Kos. We are still appealing for information to find Ben.
Please , once again, if you have ANY information that could lead us to Ben please get in touch with us here, or via our email address helpfindbenneedham@gmail.com
or South Yorkshire Police direct.
100% confidentiality guaranteed.
We love you Ben and will never give up.
All of us at #TeamBen
#HelpFindBen #BenNeedham

8CD03FBA-F0D2-48EB-B6B7-6BDF17D3B028.jpeg 9466A71C-1BEF-449B-8E40-42361B4E3E06.jpeg

Help Find Ben Needham

Mum of Ben Needham clings to hope he's still alive 30 years after he vanished

Police say it is still their “professional belief” that Ben died when a digger driver accidentally ran over him. Kerry said: “There is no forensic evidence to back up their theory, only what this witness told South Yorkshire Police.”

She said the family had initially accepted the digger accident theory. Kerry said: “When we were told that information we were traumatised and we believed what the police were saying.

“We tried to accept it and grieve and rebuild after that trauma. But in 2018 when they extracted the DNA and it wasn’t Ben’s, I started questioning the theory. Things don’t add up.”

Covid has prevented her from going ahead with a plan to return to Kos to make an appeal to the Greek public and meet the witness face-to-face.

She said: “I want to know everything he said and everything he knows. You can’t keep a secret like that for 25 years and suddenly open up, give all this information to the police and then clam up again.”

Kerry was told the witness, a business partner of Barkas, claimed to have seen Ben playing on a mound of soil in the morning of his disappearance while the adults were inside.

The next day he met Barkas, who told the witness that he feared he may have run the boy over.

Kerry said: “I don’t know why he is claiming he saw Ben there in the morning because my mum didn’t walk up there with him until about 12.45am.

“If he is wrong about that, what else is he wrong about in his statement?

Mum of Ben Needham clings to hope he's still alive 30 years after he vanished

Police say it is still their “professional belief” that Ben died when a digger driver accidentally ran over him. Kerry said: “There is no forensic evidence to back up their theory, only what this witness told South Yorkshire Police.”

She said the family had initially accepted the digger accident theory. Kerry said: “When we were told that information we were traumatised and we believed what the police were saying.

“We tried to accept it and grieve and rebuild after that trauma. But in 2018 when they extracted the DNA and it wasn’t Ben’s, I started questioning the theory. Things don’t add up.”

Covid has prevented her from going ahead with a plan to return to Kos to make an appeal to the Greek public and meet the witness face-to-face.

She said: “I want to know everything he said and everything he knows. You can’t keep a secret like that for 25 years and suddenly open up, give all this information to the police and then clam up again.”

Kerry was told the witness, a business partner of Barkas, claimed to have seen Ben playing on a mound of soil in the morning of his disappearance while the adults were inside.

The next day he met Barkas, who told the witness that he feared he may have run the boy over.

Kerry said: “I don’t know why he is claiming he saw Ben there in the morning because my mum didn’t walk up there with him until about 12.45am.

“If he is wrong about that, what else is he wrong about in his statement?

What is really important is that Kerry has not been allowed to see the witness statement or had it read out to her. The question remains: Why not?

I know there have been tons of false sights but that lad on the balcony had a similar look about him to Ben's family. He probably looks totally different now (the lad on the balcony).

I had no idea the family lived in a caravan and bought tables and chairs off the gypsies who passed through their lane. I really want to know what lane the caravan was on. Was it near to the house being renovated? Anyone know?

Good point re taking a DNA test.

Sorry to quote myself from May 2020 but this article today in the Mirror made me think of my post from last year. Why was this not followed up?! Why?
Police probe claims Ben Needham could be alive after being 'found on beach'

If Greek police are looking into the latest claims why are UK police stubbornly fixated on the digger driver? JMO

It would have been Ben's birthday today.
Disappearance of Ben Needham - Wikipedia
Quote: In September 2016, the police returned to Kos to carry out further excavations. Although no remains were found, a yellow Dinky car, believed to have been Ben's, was recovered. Detective Inspector Jon Cousins, heading the inquiry, said: "It is my professional belief that Ben Needham died as a result of an accident near to the farmhouse in Iraklis where he was last seen playing. The recovery of this item, and its location, further adds to my belief that material was removed from the farmhouse on or shortly after the day that Ben disappeared." In November 2018, British police said that blood found on the aforementioned toy car was not Ben'

It would have been Ben's birthday today.
Disappearance of Ben Needham - Wikipedia
Quote: In September 2016, the police returned to Kos to carry out further excavations. Although no remains were found, a yellow Dinky car, believed to have been Ben's, was recovered. Detective Inspector Jon Cousins, heading the inquiry, said: "It is my professional belief that Ben Needham died as a result of an accident near to the farmhouse in Iraklis where he was last seen playing. The recovery of this item, and its location, further adds to my belief that material was removed from the farmhouse on or shortly after the day that Ben disappeared." In November 2018, British police said that blood found on the aforementioned toy car was not Ben'

Thank you for remembering Ben's birthday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimilino01
Back