Group Plans Memorial Walkway For Caylee

I do believe you're right. Games galore.
What reputable charity does things like this? :waitasec:
None. But a disreputable one might.
Seems they can't decide which direction they're headed. Wouldn't they better served by setting admirable goals and working towards them, rather than constantly trying to fooling the world?

Happy Halloween!

REBUTTAL - After the Orlando Sentinel Launched Their Attacks Against Us . . .

ORLANDO SENTINEL TRIES TO SCARE
CAYLEE MEMORIAL PROJECT SUPPORTERS

Sentinel Big Wigs Mark Russell, Lisa Cianci, Michelle Guido, and David Collins decide to toss a monkey wrench into the Memorial Project by publishing Jeff's ghostly conspiracy theories and tricky inudendos about the project and about Bring Kids Home-- while releasing a Halloween Tall Tale "masquerading as Community News".

http://www.bringkidshome.org/sentinel.htm

Thanks Sparky. And this has also been added overnight:

"Jeff screams "beware the zombies" the dreaded neighbors and home owner association that do not want a memorial there! Well actually quite a few neighbors think a memorial would be nice; and even if a larger memorial can not be approved a basic walkway should pass zombie zoning laws.
We wonder if Jeff needs a pet snake or a hobby or something? Bring Kids Home volunteers freely give their time to site clean up, calling, emailing, planning, being active in the community, and task after task, trying to make something good come out of this terrible tragedy. "

"zombie zoning laws"???
Shows what this charity thinks of laws and particularly Orange County. If I were in Orange County's Zoning Dept I wouldn't pass a rezoning on this property just on the basis of this statement. :furious:

Ya know, it's the property owner's responsibility to make sure his property is kept clean and free of debris and the owner is the one who will be cited by Code Compliance if it isn't. A contract to purchase does not an owner make, until the sale closes. A responsible org would just clean the site (assuming the owner gives permission) and be quiet about it and not seek accolades.

Ya know, it's the property owner's responsibility to make sure his property is kept clean and free of debris and the owner is the one who will be cited by Code Compliance if it isn't. A contract to purchase does not an owner make, until the sale closes. A responsible org would just clean the site (assuming the owner gives permission) and be quiet about it and not seek accolades.

Yeah, there's a big difference between selling your point, and being vain enough to call YOURSELF and your own actions 'noble'.

LOL.....I have to laugh at that statement. The very volunteers who cleaned up that site are the ones who were asked to leave and are, according to BKH, being investigated by LE. Not sure what type of investigation they would be under when it appears this article is more threatening than anything these people could have done. What did these volunteers threaten to do expose them because they found out the truth or maybe put some of the trash back?????

Another laugh....the disclaimer: Roughly translated, the above article statements are just ravings and not to be considered coming from the founders of BKH. Wonder if their "original" founder, "the champ", would be proud of them. Whoever is the author of this article clearly has no life. jmo

Thanks Sparky. And this has also been added overnight:

"Jeff screams "beware the zombies" the dreaded neighbors and home owner association that do not want a memorial there! Well actually quite a few neighbors think a memorial would be nice; and even if a larger memorial can not be approved a basic walkway should pass zombie zoning laws.
We wonder if Jeff needs a pet snake or a hobby or something? Bring Kids Home volunteers freely give their time to site clean up, calling, emailing, planning, being active in the community, and task after task, trying to make something good come out of this terrible tragedy. "

BBM

What does a basic walkway consist of? Concrete as in sidewalk? BKH has led people to believe they are going to build a memorial that should be in NY City. They have taken monies for bricks. Do I have this correct..they have collected 2500. from the sale of bricks. If that's correct at 80.00 ea then they have collected from 31.25 people?

Whatever...BKH needs to sink back into the hole they came out of. I will not Boycott the OS. I like my coupons to much to boycott.

The have taken on a company they can not possibly win against.

BBM

What does a basic walkway consist of? Concrete as in sidewalk? BKH has led people to believe they are going to build a memorial that should be in NY City. They have taken monies for bricks. Do I have this correct..they have collected 2500. from the sale of bricks. If that's correct at 80.00 ea then they have collected from 31.25 people?

Whatever...BKH needs to sink back into the hole they came out of. I will not Boycott the OS. I like my coupons to much to boycott.

And doesn't the disclaimer smack of "someone new to our organization who lives in the neighborhood"? They must think the writers at the OS don't know who could have written this. Isn't kind of obvious? How many people in their organization of "good, honest people who volunteer" would write in such a vile manner. I can only think of one person who would be that defensive. jmo

And doesn't the disclaimer smack of "someone new to our organization who lives in the neighborhood"? They must think the writers at the OS don't know who could have written this. Isn't kind of obvious? How many people in their organization of "good, honest people who volunteer" would write in such a vile manner. I can only think of one person who would be that defensive. jmo

IMO it's got that 'someone' written all over it

And that someone is bat guano crazy!

(but has stylish sunglasses and a million watt smile when posing at the site of where a "shell" was duct-taped, triple-bagged and dumped)

BBM

I've just read the BKH rebuttal again (why do I keep subjecting myself to the pain lol) and, feeling between the lines, have realized just how nasty it is.
Having said that, IMO the author, having wasted all those otherwise valuable manhours formulating it, is probably going to be in for a shock themself when it dawns on them how little weight the OS is going to place on the rantings of someone they will see as nothing more than a lunatic. I just can't imagine the execs shaking in their boots over it.
From what I can make out, Jeff Weiner has hardly gone on some sort of hate campaign. He may have been a little creative by omitting a couple of facts in his story about the volunteers but isn't that just journalism 101?

LOL.....I have to laugh at that statement. The very volunteers who cleaned up that site are the ones who were asked to leave and are, according to BKH, being investigated by LE. Not sure what type of investigation they would be under when it appears this article is more threatening than anything these people could have done. What did these volunteers threaten to do expose them because they found out the truth or maybe put some of the trash back?????

Another laugh....the disclaimer: Roughly translated, the above article statements are just ravings and not to be considered coming from the founders of BKH. Wonder if their "original" founder, "the champ", would be proud of them. Whoever is the author of this article clearly has no life. jmo

According to the rebuttal, the volunteers were 'threatening the public and displaying a violent temper'.
Seems that's ok for some but not others.
Pot and kettle, no?

I've just read the BKH rebuttal again (why do I keep subjecting myself to the pain lol) and, feeling between the lines, have realized just how nasty it is.
Having said that, IMO the author, having wasted all those otherwise valuable manhours formulating it, is probably going to be in for a shock themself when it dawns on them how little weight the OS is going to place on the rantings of someone they will see as nothing more than a lunatic. I just can't imagine the execs shaking in their boots over it.
From what I can make out, Jeff Weiner has hardly gone on some sort of hate campaign. He may have been a little creative by omitting a couple of facts in his story about the volunteers but isn't that just journalism 101?

What would make you feel that Jeff omitted any facts?

What would make you feel that Jeff omitted any facts?

Personally, I don't believe he's left anything earth shattering out at all but according to the author of the tirade Jeff had 'spliced and diced' (omitting certain facts and the reason for the volunteers' exile) in an attempt to be sensationalist.

Duh! Sorry LambChop - it's after midnight and I'm rapidly slowing down. That's right, he may NOT have omitted anything at all.

Personally, I don't believe he's left anything earth shattering out at all but according to the author of the tirade Jeff had 'spliced and diced' (omitting certain facts and the reason for the volunteers' exile) in an attempt to be sensationalist.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I just love it when someone writes an article and then puts a disclaimer that the information you just read might not be true. They did not exactly say that in the disclaimer but essentially that is what it means. jmo

In my head I keep hearing....."Don't mess with the ********"

Since their tax records are public record and can be found all over the Net according to the BKH site, do we have a copy of them?

BBM

BBM

Stone pavers, perhaps? Maybe they figure since they have already left some of their pavers at that "site" they can just call it a "walkway" and clean up on poor saps who will donate. :banghead:

BBM

Personally, I hope that someone at the OS has a screen shot of each and every change that "rant" has gone through over the past few days. I'd like to see them publish the changes as they have progressed with the headline, "BKH - Real Charity or Real Charlatan?" or "BKH - Who Is Behind This Ever Changing Statement Of Denial?" Let the people of Orlando know exactly how unstable they are. I would never donate one red cent to someone like this. On the surface, it appears to be a nice, normal charity to help kids, but behind closed doors there would appear to be much instability displayed by people who care only about what others may think of them. Sounds like someone else we know, doesn't it?

Since their tax records are public record and can be found all over the Net according to the BKH site, do we have a copy of them?

Oh yeah, they're posted several times throughout this thread.

Check out posts # 84, 85, 562, 564...just for a start. There's more but they're all pretty much the same, if I remember correctly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sally43
Back