Guilty of first degree murder/verdict watch #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask LE...

There you go again. You stated already that if something was missing, the person who's life is on the line (JY) would obviously have spoken up by now. Yet you turn around and insinuate that LE hid the shoes and shirt. How do you rationalize that? Do you or do you not think it's reasonable to believe for no apparent reason that LE hid evidence, and that the person that has the most to lose has not even uttered a peep about said "missing evidence"?

Please dont put words in my mouth... I never said they did....

OK, fair enough. Then we agree that what was in the suitcase when police became involved is what was shown in court? If so, what do you think happened to the clothing he was wearing in the video?

Thanks Citygirl! I knew about the undershirt/tshirt and that it was determined to be fine and thus CY kept it on. But I'm reading in various places that people are claiming the PJ's themselves were washed right after the murder and then put on CY again. And it's being put out there as if it's a fact. I don't have any basis for believing that myself, but if it did happen, then CY's bloody pj's went into the garbage bags along with the weapon, shoes, JY's clothes, diaper, etc, and newer pj's were put on her. The washing machine was not going, and CY was not removed from the home and brought back later.

Those PJs weren't washed, they were collected and bagged and tested by the SBI and had blood on them in several places.

And we know CY's diaper was removed from her and discarded along with everything else. What a nice goth killer. Not only cleans up a toddler but also takes out all the garbage from the house and the liner inside the garbage in the garage too. So thoughtful!

It's not good when facts have to be made up or twisted in order to present a better argument for the defendant. And yet, there appear to be some head-scratching whoppers out there.

I think it's coming from the defense closing argument. One of the defense lawyers, IIRC, said CY's pajamas were washed. That was when some of us suggested he was pointing the finger towards Meredith once again. Of course we all know closing arguments aren't *evidence*. :banghead:

I think it's coming from the defense closing argument. One of the defense lawyers, IIRC, said CY's pajamas were washed. That was when some of us suggested he was pointing the finger towards Meredith once again. Of course we all know closing arguments aren't *evidence*. :banghead:

Ahhh. I wondered if that's where it was first said. A defense team can argue almost anything during their closing, even if there is no evidence of it, and people will eat that up. Gotcha.

And didn't they say during closing that the "real" killer stole the HP's from the closet..:floorlaugh:

The defense team never suggested that anyone in LE removed and discarded items from JY's luggage. The defense team never suggested that the HP shoes were taken by LE. A photo from CY's 3rd bday party is one in which the defense tried (in trial #1) to pass off as if that was the magic missing pullover JY was seen wearing at midnight. It wasn't the same. They didn't try to say it was the same this time because they were trumped by 2 pictures shown side by side. busted.

The defense team ignored the pullover, tried to confuse the jury with the pants, and tried to give two different stories about the HP shoes.

And yet others have taken up the cause saying LE (must have) had those items from JY's luggage and got rid of them. That's one wild accusation, not even the defense team claimed.

One telling sign of a weak argument in discussing a case is when conspiracy has to be used to explain away inculpatory facts.

It is getting a little warm in here. :hot:

I will be closing this thread shortly. There are many existing topical threads, and a new "Post-verdict discussion thread" where conversations can continue.

Before I lock up here, I am going to make some suggestions. It is up to each poster to determine what weight to give them.

1. Remove the word "you" from any posts before hitting Reply.

2. Never call another poster out by name.

3. Provide links to statements of fact whenever possible.

4. Know that mods have special goggles that detect even the most subtle snark and baiting.

No matter how personally invested one is in this case, it is truly personal only to the Young and Fisher families. We can kick up a lot of dust here, but the truth is, CY will still grow up without her mommy, MY's parents will have to be present to her absence every day of their lives, and JY's family is dealing with a different kind of loss entirely.

There are no winners here. Please think about that before getting caught up in bickering or snark.

And didn't they say during closing that the "real" killer stole the HP's from the closet..:floorlaugh:

image_Jason_Young_Trial_020812_AP120206112589.jpg

:thumb:

It is getting a little warm in here. :hot:

I will be closing this thread shortly. There are many existing topical threads, and a new "Post-verdict discussion thread" where conversations can continue.

Before I lock up here, I am going to make some suggestions. It is up to each poster to determine what weight to give them.

1. Remove the word "you" from any posts before hitting Reply.

2. Never call another poster out by name.

3. Provide links to statements of fact whenever possible.

4. Know that mods have special goggles that detect even the most subtle snark and baiting.

No matter how personally invested one is in this case, it is truly personal only to the Young and Fisher families. We can kick up a lot of dust here, but the truth is, CY will still grow up without her mommy, MY's parents will have to be present to her absence every day of their lives, and JY's family is dealing with a different kind of loss entirely.

There are no winners here. Please think about that before getting caught up in bickering or snark.

BBM

:grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members