GUILTY on all 3 Counts!!! Post-Verdict Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want everything bad to happen for Mikey. This is not like me at all. I have absolutely no sympathy for him if the cooks spit (or worse) in his food, if he somehow gets beaten up or killed, if "Bubba" takes a liking to him, if no one from his former life ever visits him in prison, if he really does have painful STDs (that I do hope he never passed on!), if he never has another blankie and is cold all the days of the rest of his life, etc. No sympathy. None. Nada. Zilch.

This is a foreign feeling to me. I'm kind of a little bit upset about it.

yes ...a strange feeling for me too. Very well said KM.

I want everything bad to happen for Mikey. This is not like me at all. I have absolutely no sympathy for him if the cooks spit (or worse) in his food, if he somehow gets beaten up or killed, if "Bubba" takes a liking to him, if no one from his former life ever visits him in prison, if he really does have painful STDs (that I do hope he never passed on!), if he never has another blankie and is cold all the days of the rest of his life, etc. No sympathy. None. Nada. Zilch.

This is a foreign feeling to me. I'm kind of a little bit upset about it.

I'm not normally like this either but I feel the same as you and it's because I truly believe little Victoria was made to suffer. The extreme, callous cruelty of the crime still reduces me to tears for Victoria.

There is nothing, nada, no compassion left over for the two accused. I am like a wind tunnel inside when it comes to MTR and TLM.

Sorry folks ...

coffee's on...what a great morning!

MOO
JMO
IMO

Well good people ... I've read all the comments tonite and heard all your excitement and relief and gratitude and snipes and kudos and love and hate and hugs to the good guys and flipping the bird to the BadA$$ .... well, there's just no end to what this bunch here can feel today :)

It truly was a glorious VICTORY for precious VICTORIA.

God bless those 12 marvelous strangers who were burdened with such a responsibility and who pulled together in their collective wisdom and simply "GOT IT RIGHT". Man, I just want to God Bless just about everyone tonite (except the people that God got even with).

I will keep my purple balloon forever with the poem i wrote for Tori. To me, they will always be a symbol of hope and prayers that are answered. I certainly felt "the kiss of a purple balloon" today. These things can bring us to our knees, but today it was from the beauty of people who care, thousands of strangers, united with a single purpose and love for a child. If we don't love our children, we are nothing.

Well, today was really something, wasn't it ??

Rest in peace dear Tori ... I hope tonite you will rest more softly in the arms of the angels.

Hopefully MTR will be able to continue his career as a dance instructor for all the convicted pedos in prison. He might have the chance to teach RW and PB a new dance step. Maybe a mincing, flirty, two-step shuffle ... just sayin' ... those cells are not very big.

any news about where Rafferty is currently and where he is going?

the Stafford press conference was heartening, Rebecca just beamed joy over the results. Rodney could hardly contain himself. What a blessing to see.

I'm sleeping so much better, I didn't realize just how wrapped up in this trial I had become, but I've always been an up and down throughout the night type of gal so here I am!:)

Thank you Crown, thank you jurors, thank you everyone, THANK YOU CANADA! It doesn't bring Tori back, but this means so much!

Tori will never be forgotten!

“You listened attentively to the evidence, to the submissions and to the charge. And when you deliberated on your verdict, you did not rush to judgment, but you took the time that was needed to carefully consider the evidence before arriving at a decision. And in the end, you arrived at a verdict that was just and amply supported by the evidence.” — Superior Court Judge Thomas Heeney to the jury.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news... RSS/Atom&utm_source=Home&utm_content=2430755

my snip - I woke up to the news of guilty - I am happy beyond words with this verdict, although it is coloured with the fact that what the monsters did to tori can NEVER BE UNDONE.

but I am so, so happy with this jury, the time they took to review the evidence, the questions they asked, the understanding of all the ugly evidence they had to see, I know their hearts were broken by what they had to see but THEY DID RIGHT BY TORI and after a certain other verdict I will forever be grateful to a thoughtful & intelligent jury.

thank you, thank you jurors for not letting tori out of your thoughts for a moment!

Good morning everyone

Great night eh?

This morning i ran across a great picture from the globe and mail, I think he's hunting Raffertyshttp://www.theglobeandmail.com/multimedia/camera-club/in-photos/best-pictures-from-the-past-24-hours/article2430687/?utm_medium=Feeds%3A%20RSS%2FAtom&utm_source=Home&utm_content=2430687

web-LON071-BRIT_1405342cl-8.jpg

On March 13, 2009, he googled “children for sale” and “sale of babys.” On March 30, he had a weird online conversation with a woman only identified as Simone where he asked if Simone’s daughter, who was still in a crib, would “snuggle up with us tonight

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/article/1177612--michael-rafferty-conman-womanizer-murderer

I hope Big Bubba and the rest of the inmates get a free copy of todays national newspapers, so they can read up on what their new neighbour has done in his past. The CTV news stated that inmates find those who are child murderer's and child rapists the SCUM OF THE EARTH. Big Bubba please snuggle up to MR often, I agree he is SCUM of the earth!!!!!!

Another beautiful day. Sun is shining! Somewhere Victoria is smiling. Too bad it's not at home with her family. My daughter was also 8 in 2009. She is now 11, the age Victoria should be. It's not fair that she isn't.

The jurors are waking up today with images of things that no one should ever see still in their heads. I'm sure they are so relieved they got it right especially the ones that may have initially had some doubts. Thank you!!!!!!

Just getting caught up on the board. I couldn't be on WS yesterday I was just too much of an emotional wreck. I kept my radio with me all day and night and heard the verdict. I thought of you all immediately and just knew you would all be having a party!

I guess the next chapter will be watching as he is formally sentenced and the impact statements.

Again, thanks to all the tweeters and news watchers, thanks for all your WS support and virtual hugs. Thanks mods for doing such a great job on the board, you've been amazing.

If feels like I can finally breath myself and the pit of my stomach finally feels normal.

SB...hope all is OK
Alana< hope I got the name right...boy or girl???

just stopping in before work to say ...

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

buh bye Mikey

Saw this retweet and thought it was very appropriate:
Oprah Winfrey &#8207; @Oprah
&#8220;@lynnkthompson:"Creative people understand-in the end it all works. Don't doubt in the darkness what u have learned in the light!&#8221; so true.

Creative thinkers were on the jury and totally understood the darkness and evil sitting before them in that courtroom.

Thank You Crown, LE and the London 12 - may Tori's light continue to shine down upon you to guide and comfort you through your life's journey.

Please do not speculate about other members and why they may or may not be posting in this forum.

Discussing other members is a violation of our Terms of Service and will not be tolerated.

You've all waited a long time for the outcome of this trial and a loss of posting privileges at this juncture would be unfortunate. Please post responsibly and respectfully toward your fellow members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther