Guilty or Not Guilty. **NO DISCUSSION** State your reason

Is George Zimmerman Guilty, Not Guilty,or immune?

• Guilty of 2nd degree murder

Votes: 73 43.2%
  • Guilty of manslaughter or lesser included offense

Votes: 28 16.6%
  • Not Guilty (Self Defense)

Votes: 57 33.7%
  • Immunity by SYG-not able to prosecute

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
From news reports with M. O'Mara, it seems we have only seen less than the 50% of the total evidence that the prosecution has. The remaining evidence includes but is not limited to all of GZ's statements to LE, additional forensic tests, text messages and GZ's phone records. I suspect we will have yet another poll as this additional evidence is released to the public.

Still SYG b/c I believe the defense can CERTAINLY now prove by a "mere preponderance" that George believed he was in danger of great bodily harm considering that he did, in fact, sustain documented great bodily harm. Plus, the SYG law requires that result on facts far less favorable to to the defense then those here. On the other hand, the question, unfortunately, is whether the Judge will follow the law or follow his fortunes and kick it to the jury. If he does, the case will be won on self-defense grounds --no question.

Based on the newly released information, it is IMO glaringly evident that GZ shot TM in self-defense and should never have been charged with murder. There is nothing "depraved" about protecting one's home and gated neighborhood, calling law enforcement when one sees a strange person behaving suspiciously inside said neighborhood on a rainy night, nor using a legally licensed weapon to defend oneself from being beaten to death when attacked by said suspicious person.

It is truly sad and lamentable that young Trayvon lost his life, and my heart aches for his parents. IMO it would be even more sad if the out-of-control hype that followed his death, including the senseless and shameless exploitation of these parents in their grief, resulted in a gross miscarriage of justice.

Granted, additional evidence still remains to be seen, including GZ's statements to LE. But as of now, I'm truly shocked that Corey, having early knowledge of what we've only recently learned, ever made the preposterous choice to charge GZ with 2nd degree murder. The charging document looks more and more flawed and questionable IMO, especially measured against all the new information, including photos, medical report, autopsy report, police reports/statements, and witness statements. Shameful. IMO.

So far I don't see evidence that contradicts Zimmerman's story. There are no injuries to the face, head or body of Trayvon Martin to suggest that Zimmerman ever hit him at all. On the other hand, Zimmerman had injuries to the back of head and face, which are consistent with him being the one on the ground and being beat up, as was observed by an witness.
If Zimmerman was the one on the ground being beat up, then that would be consistent with Zimmerman being the one screaming for help.
I don't believe prosecution has evidence to support that idea that Zimmerman was the one who started the physical fight.
So, what is the basis of charging him with second degree murder, except "if he stayed in the car none of this would have happened?"

Guilty of second degree murder based on looking at the photos of Zimmerman's injuries that prove he was not in fear of his life or of suffering great bodily injury.

Still looks like a duck to me......guilty 2nd degree.

I still voted 2nd degree murder. I already knew that Zimmerman had been part of the Neighborhood Watch Program meeting that told the volunters to not involve themselves but to call 911 or the non-emergancy number and let SPD handle it from there. When the doc dump came out it proved that Zimmerman was actually a big part of that meeting/training session and most definately should have known what was expected of not only him but other Neighborhood Watch volunters as well. This along with the dispatcher advising him to not continue following Trayvon IMO makes the state's case against Zimmerman.

MOO

I believe Zimmerman murdered Trayvon Martin.

Zimmerman <modsnip> was not going to let another *advertiser censored****** get away.

jmo

Guilty 2nd degree murder. Pursued his target with aggression, then killed him.

Guilty. He knew the rules of his Crime watcher duties and he decided to take things in his own hands. His poor judgement is the sole reason Trayvon is dead.

Not Guilty, The reason is the evidence backs up GZ's claim of self defense.

<modsnip>
The newest pictures of GZ's injuries to me don't change my opinion that he murdered TM. They really don't look that bad and disprove his story that TM beat him within an inch of his life. They are consistent with someone who was in a scuffle with another individual. I also think it is possible that the broken nose could have occurred from the butt of the gun in recoil, which I think will be suggested at trial.

This is a no discussion thread. TO's will be given for those that "discuss"
Please,list your reason for your choice(if you want to-not required of course) and that's it!
Thanks.

I voted guilty of second degree murder but am still not convinced GZ didn't make a decision to kill Trayvon M in cold blood.

Guilty- 2nd degree murder. I believe he premeditated it and stalked him to kill him.

I voted guilty of second degree murder.
As we all do, I have the right to change my mind as I see fit:)

Basically, I believe it was a self-fulfilling prophecy kind of situation created by George Zimmerman in order to meet his unfulfilled emotional needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike