*GUILTY*Randy Allen Taylor on Trial for the murder of Alexis Murphy 1 May 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know of a possible weapon? I'm guessing not but I swore I heard something about DNA in a wood chipper. I'm guessing it was a rumor if they didn't bring it up in court

Also I wonder how many people gave him the guilty verdict? I would love to know what's going on through the juries head

I can't say 100% motive, but some of the facts of *advertiser censored* movies, 12 of them in his mansion, goes to a *advertiser censored* shop a lot, pulls into the Liberty and backs in to watch the teens at their hangout, he's right behind Alexis going into the store, yelled out to her, probably your tailights aren't working or something...I'd say control & rape. Sleaziest of men. Scary too. If Alexis is found, maybe clues from her will clarify the motive more. jmo

I hope the maximum this judge can give him will keep him forever. Minimum won't do.

[bbm]

he had a mansion?

In looking at the unsolved murders of teenage girls in this area, one in particular jumps out at me but doesn't seem to have received much discussion on websleuths. Erica Smith, killed in 2002 in Ashburn Va. She was 14 at the time but after her death, her family learned of a "secret life" where she had contact and encounters with older men. Reading about her, it seems to me that there are many similarities between her, AM and SC, and may be one of the factors in why RAT chose these victims IMO.

New Link: http://www.crimelibrary.com/blog/article/unsolved-child-murder-erica-heather-smith/index.html

In looking at the unsolved murders of teenage girls in this area, one in particular jumps out at me but doesn't seem to have received much discussion on websleuths. Erica Smith, killed in 2002 in Ashburn Va. She was 14 at the time but after her death, her family learned of a "secret life" where she had contact and encounters with older men. Reading about her, it seems to me that there are many similarities between her, AM and SC, and may be one of the factors in why RAT chose these victims IMO.

New Link: http://www.crimelibrary.com/blog/article/unsolved-child-murder-erica-heather-smith/index.html
The mere fact that she was in the habit of meeting guys, for sexual encounters, at the gas station near her home, is a good reason to look at RAT. He could have been sitting in a nearby parking lot watching teens and noticed her going off with the guys. Time to go back to the long list of his arrests and charges to see if he was in Loudoun County any time around the time that Erica disappeared.

The mere fact that she was in the habit of meeting guys, for sexual encounters, at the gas station near her home, is a good reason to look at RAT. He could have been sitting in a nearby parking lot watching teens and noticed her going off with the guys. Time to go back to the long list of his arrests and charges to see if he was in Loudoun County any time around the time that Erica disappeared.

They have DNA in Erica's case ,it has not been matched with anyone and was ran in 2012. I agree it sounds like a crime RAT would have committed ,I believe the unmatched DNA points away from RAT. Unless he plants DNA evidence, in which it might sound crazy but I believe he would. However I dont think he is Erica's murderer.

I thought I would sleep better ,after RAT was convicted, I was so on edge about the thought of him getting away with his twisted crimes ,that I felt sick. However I did not sleep better, I keep thinking about Samantha and Alexis's and how Alexis fought with him ,yet it turned out to be so she could save the next girl that surely would have become RAT's victim.

I reread Samantha's thread last night ,it isnt very long and there is a theme in the post about no release of any information. What information did they have that might have saved Alexis?

You should call this in to LE. Ashburn is only 81 miles from where Samantha went missing, and the timeline shows that Taylor was not incarcerated when Erica was killed. This is an interesting possibility.

Do you have the link that shows they did get results of DNA testing? The articles I read state that evidence had been submitted for retesting in 2012, but no results have been made public, which leaves me wondering if they were successful in their testing or not.

You should call this in to LE. Ashburn is only 81 miles from where Samantha went missing, and the timeline shows that Taylor was not incarcerated when Erica was killed. This is an interesting possibility.
Ashburn is also only 20 miles from Fairfax, which is where the rape occurred in 2005 that had DNA linked to MH's murder...

Erica Smith's father is a friend of ours. I don't believe RAT is her murderer. I think it was someone she knew, an older boy (young man). It has been 10 years and they never solved her case. I thought by now some of her high school friends would find it was time to talk, but no one has.....

Here is a link for updates about DNA and evidence. http://sheriff.loudoun.gov/FormCenter/Cold-Case-Initiative-6/Erica-Heather-Smith-44

Thank you for thinking about her.

Erica Smith's father is a friend of ours. I don't believe RAT is her murderer. I think it was someone she knew, an older boy (young man). It has been 10 years and they never solved her case. I thought by now some of her high school friends would find it was time to talk, but no one has.....

Here is a link for updates about DNA and evidence. http://sheriff.loudoun.gov/FormCenter/Cold-Case-Initiative-6/Erica-Heather-Smith-44

Thank you for thinking about her.
I hope that with RATs conviction, any information that someone may have but had been afraid to provide, will come out. I suspect that with his history of always getting off whatever he was being charged with as well as avoiding being charged with the disappearance or murder of women he had been a POI in the past, anyone who may know something would be afraid that he would come after them. I pray that Erica's family finds her killer, whoever it was.

They have DNA in Erica's case ,it has not been matched with anyone and was ran in 2012. I agree it sounds like a crime RAT would have committed ,I believe the unmatched DNA points away from RAT. Unless he plants DNA evidence, in which it might sound crazy but I believe he would. However I dont think he is Erica's murderer.

I thought I would sleep better ,after RAT was convicted, I was so on edge about the thought of him getting away with his twisted crimes ,that I felt sick. However I did not sleep better, I keep thinking about Samantha and Alexis's and how Alexis fought with him ,yet it turned out to be so she could save the next girl that surely would have become RAT's victim.

I reread Samantha's thread last night ,it isnt very long and there is a theme in the post about no release of any information. What information did they have that might have saved Alexis?
I did the same. She has two threads. Her Facebook, MySpace are all gone now and if it weren't for our links: a google search renders two or three reports. It's disheartening.

I do think he plants others DNA. All he needs is a discarded piece of tp or discarded condom or even soda can. He frequents *advertiser censored* shops and some have those booths where the visitor puts in his money and does hîs biz while watching the women behind the screen or in the window.

He is such a creep and he cleans cars so really all he had to do was steal people's trash. Just makes me wonder if he had Morgan's t-shirt and did something as simple as pouring the remains of a fast food soft drink on the fabric.

Anyway, I haven't found any proof of him in Loudoun Co in 2002 but that doesn't mean he wasn't there.

I did the same. She has two threads. Her Facebook, MySpace are all gone now and if it weren't for our links: a google search renders two or three reports. It's disheartening.

I do think he plants others DNA. All he needs is a discarded piece of tp or discarded condom or even soda can. He frequents *advertiser censored* shops and some have those booths where the visitor puts in his money and does hîs biz while watching the women behind the screen or in the window.

He is such a creep and he cleans cars so really all he had to do was steal people's trash. Just makes me wonder if he had Morgan's t-shirt and did something as simple as pouring the remains of a fast food soft drink on the fabric.

Anyway, I haven't found any proof of him in Loudoun Co in 2002 but that doesn't mean he wasn't there.

He does plant dna, he lied about the 2 beer bottles on crd. dna came back not of crd. he was far from dumb. smartest I have seen in a long time.

He thinks ahead and try's put things in a plot, not many killers do that. Very very intelligent. I was not impressed because I have seen better. But he is very savy and thinks ahead very well.

As far loudoun county . he was a car tow man they have a radius of work, my suggestion is to follow his work reports. Most of the murders or suspected murder come from his work radius.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 14m
After being convicted of murder and abduction by a jury Thursday, what’s next for Randy Taylor? http://ht.ly/wGkl2

Defense Attorney Talks Taylor’s Chances for Appeal

Just a reminder: After reading back through the RAT Background thread, there is a long stretch of time where none of us were ever able to pinpoint where RAT was living.

We can put him in Virginia Beach as early as 1986. We have him in prison from early 1993 until September 1996. From the time he got out until 2002, when he ended up in Charlottesville, we cannot determine where he spent his time between late 1996 and 2002. There was a suggestion that he was living in NJ and left there due to the police "harrassing" him. We can figure that his son was born sometime around 1999 or 2000 but that is all we know...no place of birth and we don't even know if RAT was living with the child's mother when he was born.

There is alot to left to do in Randy's case.

I was wondering if it would be legal for me to mail him Alexis's praying for Alexis poster every single day.

Inmates look forword to mail and I dont want him to look forward to his. I want him to have to face Alexis every single day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hardsaf