GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the parole hearings open to public, are they streamed or tweeted? Just curious when we will hear what happens, etc ...

No, parole hearings MOO are not public nor streamed or tweeted unless second hand information, e.g. by victims family who I would believe to be informed of such - or media who finds out.

Shocks me to the core to know that a parole hearing is even done so early. SMDH

Wish they would tell, but kinda understand why they wouldn’t..I mean, they were found guilty of kidnapping, not murder. If they reveal the location of her body, couldn’t they then he tried for murder? So what would be the motivation?I mean, it might lower the sentence for kidnapping, but then they could be tried for murder.

Wish they would tell, but kinda understand why they wouldn’t..I mean, they were found guilty of kidnapping, not murder. If they reveal the location of her body, couldn’t they then he tried for murder? So what would be the motivation?I mean, it might lower the sentence for kidnapping, but then they could be tried for murder.
I was about to post the very same thing, you beat me to it. I simply don't see why they would reveal where Heather is. It would only be a confession that they killed her which would then result in a murder charge.

It is my understanding that if they revealed the location of the body and the body was in fact recovered, they would not be prosecuted any further for ANY crimes involving Heather Elvis. Probably, the reason they haven't said anything is on the advice of their legal counsel, who I'm sure has filed numerous appeals hoping for some sort of a "Hail Mary" miracle. Another reason may be the body is simply not recoverable. The link is no longer available, but the Prosecutor stated the same not long after the arrests.

I don’t think she’s recoverable, sadly.

There’s just something about the Moorers that is a special kind of slime.

For him to witness Heather’s mother pleading for her daughters location, and to smugly pretend he has no information about what happened to her is stunning. There is no consequence in this world or the hereafter that is commensurate.

A state statute allows Sidney Moorer a year to come forward with substantial evidence to cut a deal for less time behind bars. He was sentenced a year ago Friday.

Solicitor Jimmy Richardson said he believes a judge could even accept something as late as Monday, but as of this report Richardson has not heard anything from Sidney Moorer.

Right after Sidney’s conviction, Heather Elvis’ family plead to the judge for information about where their daughter is.

“At this point, you can give him a day if he’ll just tell us where she’s at,” said Terri Elvis, Heather’s father.

The time for Sidney Moorer to come forward with information to try to recieve a reduced sentence is ending.

“We haven’t heard anything from Sidney or Tammy. To hold out any hope that some information would come out today or even Monday. I dont believe it will,” said 15th Circuit Solicitor Jimmy Richardson.
Time running out for Sidney Moorer to come forward with information on Heather Elvis’ whereabouts | WBTW

While reflecting on Sidney’s conviction a year ago, Solicitor Richarson said finding Heather is the only thing he would accept.

“It was always my goal to give the Elvis’ their daughter back to have a place for her to be buried. A year later, we have fallen short of that goal. I think that with everything we were given we have done everything possible to give that poor substitute which is justice. Both of them are sitting injail and they are sitting in there for decades on a non-parolable offense,” said Richardson.

The Moorers must serve 85 percent of their sentence. Sidney’s obstruction of justice charge appeal was denied in July. Both the Moorers’ kidnapping charge is in the appellate process.

As for Heather’s case, her family and Richardson hope someone in the community comes forward with information. If you know anything contact Horry County Police.
Time running out for Sidney Moorer to come forward with information on Heather Elvis’ whereabouts | WBTW

Was wondering if Sidney gets a parole hearing every year? I have him due on 11/27/20 - is this incorrect?
@Knox - looks like you can access the court site - is there a parole hearing on the 11/27?

TIA! :)

Was wondering if Sidney gets a parole hearing every year? I have him due on 11/27/20 - is this incorrect?
@Knox - looks like you can access the court site - is there a parole hearing on the 11/27?

TIA! :)

Not Knox, but in the article Knox posted above Solicitor Jimmy Richardson states, "Both of them are sitting in jail and they are sitting in there for decades on a non-parolable offense" so I don't know why there would be a parole hearing.

Deadline passes for Sidney Moorer to come forward with information on Heather Elvis’ whereabouts | WBTW

Findheatherelvis

Our family has spent the past 6 holiday seasons without our daughter in our lives and have a heart for others who are facing the same hardship. Our friends and family in the community wish to extend our hope and comfort we have received to others in our community. We are holding this event to enable other grieving families to celebrate the life of their loved one they are missing this season, as well as to shift their focus from a secular family holiday to a holiday of hope, …
See More

FRI, DEC 18 AT 2 PM PST
2020 Night of HELPP
Myrtle Beach, SC

We're coming up on the seven year anniversary of Heather's death. My thoughts are with Terry, Debbie and Morgan. I hope the Night of HELPP is a huge success.

Same.

I know 30 years is a really long time, but it seems so short of a sentence for what they did to beautiful Heather :(. I hope that once the kids grow up one of them gets the courage to dig for and expose the truth.

Same.

I know 30 years is a really long time, but it seems so short of a sentence for what they did to beautiful Heather :(. I hope that once the kids grow up one of them gets the courage to dig for and expose the truth.
Not sure where the oldest or youngest is, but I did see the middle child's picture the other day, she's beautiful. I love that thought TTF14. Whatever they choose, I hope they live a far different life than their parents.

If any locals attend the event tonight, could you post here and share your experience?

126163427_1635486499957399_1314460365575909705_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member