GUILTY - Tammy Moorer - trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 *Appeals denied* #11

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WCSC) - The family of a Grand Strand woman will gather Saturday to mark the eighth anniversary of the sudden disappearance.

Heather Elvis was 20 years old on Dec. 18, 2013, the last day she was heard from, when she talked to a friend about a first date she had gone on the night before.

Her family will gather Saturday at the Peachtree Boat Landing at 5 p.m. for a prayer vigil.

Weekend prayer vigil will mark 8th anniversary of SC woman’s disappearance

12/8/2021
11:20 a.m. (Time Limits: 10-10-5)
2018-001938 The State, Respondent, v. Tammy Caison Moorer, Appellant.

Chief Appellate Defender Robert Michael Dudek and Lara Mary Caudy, both of Columbia, for Appellant. Attorney General Alan McCrory Wilson and Senior Assistant Attorney General David A. Spencer, both of Columbia, for Respondent.

Tammy C. Moorer appeals her convictions for kidnapping and conspiracy to kidnap. On appeal, Moorer argues the trial court (1) erred in failing to grant her motion for a directed verdict because there was no direct or substantial circumstantial evidence she was involved in the victim's disappearance; (2) abused its discretion and violated Rules 403 and 404, SCRE, in admitting text messages from her phone that were sexually explicit and referenced drug use; (3) abused its discretion in qualifying Grant Fredericks as an expert in forensic video analysis and allowing him to testify as to his unreliable conclusion that Moorer's truck was the vehicle videotaped going towards and away from the place where the victim was allegedly kidnapped; (4) abused its discretion in excluding the testimony of Moorer's alibi witnesses because she failed to comply with Rule 5(e)(1), SRCrimP; and (5) abused its discretion and violated Moorer's due process rights in excluding the testimony of several members of her family because they violated the sequestration order when the witnesses denied violating the order and no evidence showed their testimony was tainted.

Wonder when this will be decided and published?

12/8/2021
11:20 a.m. (Time Limits: 10-10-5)
2018-001938 The State, Respondent, v. Tammy Caison Moorer, Appellant.

Chief Appellate Defender Robert Michael Dudek and Lara Mary Caudy, both of Columbia, for Appellant. Attorney General Alan McCrory Wilson and Senior Assistant Attorney General David A. Spencer, both of Columbia, for Respondent.

Tammy C. Moorer appeals her convictions for kidnapping and conspiracy to kidnap. On appeal, Moorer argues the trial court (1) erred in failing to grant her motion for a directed verdict because there was no direct or substantial circumstantial evidence she was involved in the victim's disappearance; (2) abused its discretion and violated Rules 403 and 404, SCRE, in admitting text messages from her phone that were sexually explicit and referenced drug use; (3) abused its discretion in qualifying Grant Fredericks as an expert in forensic video analysis and allowing him to testify as to his unreliable conclusion that Moorer's truck was the vehicle videotaped going towards and away from the place where the victim was allegedly kidnapped; (4) abused its discretion in excluding the testimony of Moorer's alibi witnesses because she failed to comply with Rule 5(e)(1), SRCrimP; and (5) abused its discretion and violated Moorer's due process rights in excluding the testimony of several members of her family because they violated the sequestration order when the witnesses denied violating the order and no evidence showed their testimony was tainted.

Wonder when this will be decided and published?

Sidney's appeal hearings start next month. Tammy's may be coming mid to late this year?

Here's the thread for Sidney:

GUILTY - Sidney Moorer - Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #5 *Appeal 2022*

According to the Department of Corrections, Sidney Tammy Moorer has a projected release date of March 31, 2044, while Sidney Moorer has a projected release of May 9, 2043.

Op. 5988 - The State v. Sidney S. Moorer by WMBF News on Scribd

Last edited:
According to the Department of Corrections, Sidney Tammy Moorer has a projected release date of March 31, 2044, while Sidney Moorer has a projected release of May 9, 2043.

Op. 5988 - The State v. Sidney S. Moorer by WMBF News on Scribd

actually the sentence says:

According to the Department of Corrections, Sidney Moorer has a projected release date of March 31, 2044, while Sidney Moorer has a projected release of May 9, 2043.

I noticed that put Tammy in there - are you sure that is her release date & not the other one? Just want to update my notes. :)

actually the sentence says:

According to the Department of Corrections, Sidney Moorer has a projected release date of March 31, 2044, while Sidney Moorer has a projected release of May 9, 2043.

I noticed that put Tammy in there - are you sure that is her release date & not the other one? Just want to update my notes. :)

I assumed Tammy had the 2044 date because she was found guilty after Sid. What dates do you have?

IMHO I live in Myrtle Beach and worked with volunteers to look for Heather when she was missing. My granddaughter is close friends with her sister. This family is still grieving over Heather. MB is low country and there are many places to drop bodies. I am afraid Heather's family will never know where Heather is.
The only thing I am sure of is that Sid is so terrified of Tammy and her family he will never say what happened. They are both where they need to be. It is all very sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back