GUILTY - Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
<snipped to reply>

Wayne Millard made the mistake of laying down the law to Dellen. IMO he threatened to cut him off financially, insisted he actually work, and put the boots to his Baja trip. Money was tight and WM was tightening his belt, his mistake was insisting Dellen do the same.

I agree, there’s multiple reasons to conclude WM finally had enough of his son’s blatant irresponsibility.

If there’s always a bit of truth in a lie, I’d be quite certain it was WM who called out DM as a failure.

The last time I spoke to him, I told him the company's financial troubles were his doing and that he was a failure," Millard wrote in a text to his girlfriend that was presented in court. "Usually he tells me not to worry. But this time he said maybe I was right."..”
Judge finds Dellen Millard guilty of first-degree murder in death of father

Please link MSM to this??

It’s virtually impossible to arrange a line of credit if the applicant has no income to provide repayment and Millardair wasn’t generating any revenue.

“But money was tight, Barnes added, and Wayne Millard was dipping into his personal fortune to help finance the new business along with a multimillion-dollar business loan he took out.

The elder Millard told Barnes he had taken out a mortgage on the hangar and on the family home.”
Dellen Millard blamed father for family business woes, murder trial hears

Dellen had multiple properties in his name. It should not have been a problem for him to go to the bank and get his own line of credit. I'm pretty sure he tried that but was refused, so there must have been some kind of financial issue.

And again, we don't know the details of his credit card payments, so that is of little relevance.
I'm not saying that he was not struggling with cashflow issues, he obviously was. I'm merely saying that he easily had the means to pay cash for TB's truck instead of stealing it, AND he also didn't need to kill someone just to steal a truck. The relevance of the credit card payments is that if he had $15K per month, by whatever means, to pay on a credit card every month, it would be simple enough to skip one month of that in favor of purchasing a used truck instead.

I have not seen anything mentioned here about Sb's absence at the verdict, or even being quoted for her comments afterward. I was a little surprised, although I do understand her need to move on with her life. jmo

IMO there was some element, however small relative to DM's other motivations, of WM having caught on to some of DM's more sinister criminal acts, and DM wanting to nip that in the bud.

(Emphasis: IMO)

I see there are people who still refuse to accept that Millard and Smich were thrill killers.

How then do you explain these texts?

Crown Jill Cameron argued that Millard and Smich should get consecutive life sentences, with no chance of parole for 50 years. She pointed to one text message in particular that proves Millard and Smich spent a long time planning. “The BBQ is the final piece of the 3500 puzzle,” Millard texted Smich.

When the large animal incinerator he ordered arrived it was five days after Laura Babcock was killed. Smich seemed excited to murder again, the crown said. His response was, “I like BBQ. I like 3500.”​

Background: The Crowns at the Bosma case were frustrated on multiple occasions by Goodman's failure to admit these texts. (You can read his completely illogical reasons on Canlii)

When Code asked Cameron why they hadn't been admitted, she shrugged and said she had no idea, meaning she did not understand Goodman's reasons.

If the texts don't show definitively that Millard and Smich wanted to kill (BBQ) for kicks, nothing is going to convince you.

Last edited:
I see people are still refuse to accept that Millard and Smich were thrill killers.

How then do you explain these texts?

Crown Jill Cameron argued that Millard and Smich should get consecutive life sentences, with no chance of parole for 50 years. She pointed to one text message in particular that proves Millard and Smich spent a long time planning. “The BBQ is the final piece of the 3500 puzzle,” Millard texted Smich.

When the large animal incinerator he ordered arrived it was five days after Laura Babcock was killed. Smich seemed excited to murder again, the crown said. His response was, “I like BBQ. I like 3500.”​

Background: The Crowns at the Bosma case were frustrated on multiple occasions by Goodman's failure to admit these texts. (You can read his completely illogical reasons on Canlii)

When Code asked Cameron why they hadn't been admitted, she shrugged and said she had no idea.

If they don't show definitively that Millard and Smich wanted to kill (BBQ) for kicks, nothing is going to convince you.

Not trying to be defiant here, but I really don't see how those texts even remotely suggest that these were "thrill kills". First lets get this part straight, a thrill kill means simply killing for the sake of killing, with no other motivation? Because in both of those texts it is quite evident that the bbq is related to the acquisition of the 3500. Now if there was no mention of the truck in either of those texts, I'd agree with you. In my opinion a thrill kill would be say killing a homeless man or a total stranger and walking away. No connection, nothing gained.

Its not that I disagree with you, I believe we just have different perceptions of the meaning of the term.

IMO there was some element, however small relative to DM's other motivations, of WM having caught on to some of DM's more sinister criminal acts, and DM wanting to nip that in the bud.

(Emphasis: IMO)
Well for starters, I'd love to know what Wayne said to Dellen when he got a $15K bill for an animal incinerator?

Not trying to be defiant here, but I really don't see how those texts even remotely suggest that these were "thrill kills". First lets get this part straight, a thrill kill means simply killing for the sake of killing, with no other motivation? Because in both of those texts it is quite evident that the bbq is related to the acquisition of the 3500. Now if there was no mention of the truck in either of those texts, I'd agree with you. In my opinion a thrill kill would be say killing a homeless man or a total stranger and walking away. No connection, nothing gained.

Its not that I disagree with you, I believe we just have different perceptions of the meaning of the term.

There was never any need to kill someone to steal a truck.

Why did they need a "BBQ" to steal a truck?

Because they planned to kill its owner.

Why did they plan to kill its owner?

Because they wanted to kill.

Why did they want to kill?

Because it gave them a thrill.

This is why people call them thrill killers.

There was never any need to kill someone to steal a truck.

Why did they need a "BBQ" to steal a truck?

Because they planned to kill its owner.

Why did they plan to kill its owner?

Because they wanted to kill.

Why did they want to kill?

Because it gave them a thrill.

This is why people call them thrill killers.
First, they already had the BBQ, they had used it for Laura. As we know, DM had greater plans that involved "merking" people, and we don't know exactly what those plans were. I believe that the BBQ was a means to commit quick clean crimes that would leave little to no evidence. If anybody got in their way they would be disposed of. Your logic can be applied to just about any serial killer and I think you are getting away from the definition of what a thrill kill actually is. Did these guys enjoy killing? They obviously didn't hate it. But the fact that in all three instances there was a benefit to Millard shows that these crimes were not simply for the thrill of it.

Some quotes...

The primary motive of thrill killers is to induce pain or terror in their victims prior to killing them which provides intense stimulation and excitement.

The victims of a thrill killer are generally strangers, although the killer may stalk them for a period of time before the attack in order to fuel the excitement of the hunt.

Another example is Robert Hansen, who murdered at least seventeen women near Anchorage, Alaska, between 1980 and his capture in 1983. A psychopath, Hansen took his captured victims to a secluded area where he would let them loose and then hunt and kill them just for the fun of it.

Perhaps the ultimate hedonist thrill killer was the unidentified predator who called himself “Zodiac” and operated in Northern California during the late 1960s and early 1970s.

In the two examples there is absolutely no benefit for the killer but gratification of the act. Millards murders were indeed senseless, but he did have his motives. The guy that robs a convenience store of $15, then kills the attendant before leaving is more in line with the type of killer that Millard is. Senseless killers, but definitely not thrill killers.

Two things can be true at the same time.

You can be a thrill killer and a thief.

There was no need to kill the owner of a truck other than kicks.

If you prefer to see Millard and Smich as just a pair of amoral practical guys, so be it. As you pointed out above, this conversation is going round in circles.

I have not seen anything mentioned here about Sb's absence at the verdict, or even being quoted for her comments afterward. I was a little surprised, although I do understand her need to move on with her life. jmo

Sharlene Bosma – who goes by a different name today, one that The Globe and Mail is not sharing, for the sake of her privacy – was not there for the verdict on Monday. She decided that it wouldn’t have been best for her mental or emotional health.

Now, almost 40, she has worked hard to rebuild her life and to be happy. She has moved to a new house, and, as of just weeks ago, she is remarried.

Her new husband, Wes, was one of Tim’s closest friends. In fact, Tim was the best man at Wes’s first wedding, and Wes was a groomsman at Tim and Sharlene’s.

How Ontario serial killer Dellen Millard slipped through the cracks

There's got to be nothing but gratification in killing TB for his truck as well.
Two people in addition to TB were present to identify the two killers and provide description to police.
So what is the difference if there were three people to identify them instead (add TB to the count)?
If they had taken TB's cellphone and pushed him out of the vehicle at some point in the middle of nowhere and stolen his truck, he would eventually have found his way home by whatever means, reported the incident to police, providing a description, same as his wife and friend were able to do. The cellphone could have been shut off immediately and run over by their vehicle, while the truck could have made its way to wherever to get a red paint job and new VIN number. They never would have found TB's truck, and they would have likely gotten away with that. With TB making his way back home, police would never have put anywhere near the resources into the investigation, since nobody was killed or maimed.
That would have been a much better plan, if the purpose was to get a free truck.
The wording may be in question as to whether the term 'thrill kill' is exact, however it suits close enough. It's not like it was a crime of passion, a vendetta, payback, or a terrible mistake made during a vehicle theft. Personally I think DM had a business plan in mind and wanted to 'practice' so he could prove (to himself perhaps) that he could get away with it when he actually put his plan into operation to sell his services to make people disappear. jmo

There's got to be nothing but gratification in killing TB for his truck as well.
Two people in addition to TB were present to identify the two killers and provide description to police.
So what is the difference if there were three people to identify them instead (add TB to the count)?
If they had taken TB's cellphone and pushed him out of the vehicle at some point in the middle of nowhere and stolen his truck, he would eventually have found his way home by whatever means, reported the incident to police, providing a description, same as his wife and friend were able to do. The cellphone could have been shut off immediately and run over by their vehicle, while the truck could have made its way to wherever to get a red paint job and new VIN number. They never would have found TB's truck, and they would have likely gotten away with that. With TB making his way back home, police would never have put anywhere near the resources into the investigation, since nobody was killed or maimed.
That would have been a much better plan, if the purpose was to get a free truck.
The wording may be in question as to whether the term 'thrill kill' is exact, however it suits close enough. It's not like it was a crime of passion, a vendetta, payback, or a terrible mistake made during a vehicle theft. Personally I think DM had a business plan in mind and wanted to 'practice' so he could prove (to himself perhaps) that he could get away with it when he actually put his plan into operation to sell his services to make people disappear. jmo

I agree, it appears there was something about 'eliminating' people that was psychologically gratifying to DM, tho it doesn't seem he was sadistic like most serial killers. Instead, I think he was cultivating a kind of ruthlessness that is admired in young men's popular culture.

The tattoos on his wrists were ambition and discipline. My problem with the phrase 'thrill kill' is it implies fun and games, and a lack of discipline.

I think he was more into modelling the culture of some video games than anyone has discussed. There, you run 'missions' which require discipline, cunning and ruthlessness to succeed. There's also shows like Breaking Bad, he cited in a letter to CN, which many young viewers completely missed the moral point of. They just enjoyed seeing Walter get more and more ruthless.

All that is true to a point. However, if they had simply dumped TB somewhere, who's to say that he would have not put up a fight? Who's to say that he wouldn't flag somebody down in seconds and call 911? My feeling is that they weren't leaving anything to chance. By the time SB even mixed him, Tim and his truck would be gone. These cases were only solved because one guy took note of a tattoo, otherwise there likely would be more victims by now.

Sharlene Bosma – who goes by a different name today, one that The Globe and Mail is not sharing, for the sake of her privacy – was not there for the verdict on Monday. She decided that it wouldn’t have been best for her mental or emotional health.

Now, almost 40, she has worked hard to rebuild her life and to be happy. She has moved to a new house, and, as of just weeks ago, she is remarried.

Her new husband, Wes, was one of Tim’s closest friends. In fact, Tim was the best man at Wes’s first wedding, and Wes was a groomsman at Tim and Sharlene’s.

How Ontario serial killer Dellen Millard slipped through the cracks

That is good news. I'm glad that she was able to start on a new path for her life. She'll make a happy home for her daughter. I wish them all good things.

1 hr

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/…/article-how-ontario-seri…/
This article has a good ending , Sharlene Bosma has remarried recently and to a man who knew Tim Bosma well. What a good ending to a horrible thing and good ending to all the 3 trials with DM 3X s convicted and never getting out of prison , JUSTICE SERVED. The only thing not dealt with is CN and the mother , I hope they never have any peace/.

she chose to not go for sake of her emotional and mental health she just got remarried and want to not give this event in her life or those responsible for bringing such horror to her life anymore time. I am happy to hear looks like she is moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500