Haleigh Cummings general discussion

I wish I knew! I am hoping there was DNA left somewhere in that home to solve this case. Someone needs to keep this case in the spotlight and put a fire under LE to solve it. Fifteen years? I would never have thought it would take this long. I went back and read old threads of this case and cannot believe the insanity, for lack of a better word, it has brought. Haleigh would be 20 years old and it breaks my heart that she hasn't been found! Maybe someone in the family will pick up the reins and get Haleigh's case the attention it needs.
If they haven't in 15 years I doubt they will now.

Reactions: byo
Since Ronald is a resident of PCSO, have you spoken with him to see if he has any suggestions?
I have not spoken with Ronald. I did have a meeting with the lead detectives at PCSO and they were most helpful and look forward to my search results.

I did an initial sonar sweep of the waters just off the private boat ramp at Seven Sisters where the 2 K-9's tracked Haleigh's scent to. The waters are about 12ft to 14ft deep and the bottom is very smooth. Current is about 1/2 MPH. I was informed by the owner of the property with the ramp, who has been very helpful and allowing unlimited access, that there are several "holes" 30 to 35 feet deep out in the center of the channel. On my next search I will find and mark where these "holes" are located. If Haleigh rolled across the bottom and slipped into one of these holes she may still be there. Once found, I can get an ROV down there. I am in NC for a couple weeks and will be back down to Florida the beginning of June to continue searching for Haleigh.

Last edited:
If they haven't in 15 years I doubt they will now.
I agree. I am just curious why LE hasn't offered a deal with the "devil" (maybe they have, who knows?) 15 years later, an immunity deal for one of them should be on the table for them to talk. I saw a mother who has been looking for her daughter for over 25 years do a show on hulu titled Still Missing, Morgan. That is what I wished Crystal would do. Be visible. Be vigilant and demand answers for Haleigh from LE. Because if she don't, who will?

I did not see this posted in previous posts. There are some posts from main stream media but NOT from the Putnam County Sheriff's Office (PCSO).

I know this is old news but thought some might want to see this post from PCSO. As you can see, this is from 12/26/22.

Putnam County Sheriff's Office (FL) - Dec 26, 2022

RONALD CUMMINGS, DAD OF MISSING HALEIGH, ARRESTED CHRISTMAS DAY​

Dec. 26, 2022

Snipped:

“Despite being given a clean slate after serving his time in prison, Ronald has returned to his old ways and is a menace to our community,” Sheriff H.D. ‘Gator’ DeLoach said. He not only put lives in danger with his actions, he also attempted to endanger our deputy and medical personnel coming to assist him after he chose to drive while under the influence. Some people do not take the second chances they’ve been given to change their lives and his actions reflect this. I hope we can move swiftly to put him back in prison.”

Read more:

1716181302951.png

Today is 5/20/24. Per Putnam County Sheriff's Office (FL), Ronald L. Cummings is still in jail (arrested December, 2022).

A court date of July 11, 2024 - 1:30 p.m. EDT is indicated when I click on Court Information.

Here is the Link to PCSO.

Click on Inmate Search. To the left, you will see a form to complete. You do not have to complete the entire form.

Type in Cummings, Ronald Lemyles in the appropriate boxes.
Click SUBMIT. It will take you to the info I posted below. You can click on Court Information by each charge to see the court date/time.

ViewImage.aspx

Enlarge Photo
CUMMINGS, RONALD LEMYLES (W/ MALE )
Booking No:PCSO22JBN003242MniNo:PCSO03MNI058209
Booking Date:12/25/2022 10:44 AM
Age On Booking Date:40
Bond Amount:$0.00
Address Given:302 OSCEOLA AVE SATSUMA, FL 32189
CHARGES
STATUTECOURT CASE NUMBERCHARGEDEGREELEVELBOND
[+]843.01221310CF (PUTNAM COUNTY SHERIFF)RESIST OFFICERTF$25000.00
Court Information
[+]784.07.2b221310CF (PUTNAM COUNTY SHERIFF)BATTERYTF$3500.00

Court Information
[+]843.025221310CF (PUTNAM COUNTY SHERIFF)OBSTRUCT POLICETF$2500.00
Court Information
[+]893.13.6a221310CF (PUTNAM COUNTY SHERIFF)DRUGS-POSSESSTF$2500.00

Court Information
[+]893.147.1221310CF (PUTNAM COUNTY SHERIFF)DRUG EQUIP-POSSESSFM$1000.00
Court Information
[+]893.13.6b221310CF (PUTNAM COUNTY SHERIFF)MARIJUANA-POSSESSFM$1000.00

Court Information
[+]893.135.1c3221310CF (PUTNAM COUNTY SHERIFF)DRUGS-TRAFFICFF$150000.00
Court Information

Last edited:
Ron will probably be incarcerated awhile with those charges. Misty might be out before he gets out. You would think with years in jail behind you, you would want to get your life back on track. You would want to help bring your MISSING daughter's case back to the forefront. I guess after 15 years, life has moved on for some in this case. I am sorry, but I don't know how people do that! I have no idea how each side of the families are faring, but I hope someone will take up Haleigh's case.

I just remember the Jessica Lunsford case. Her grandparents were in the house, with a dog as well.Her grandmother put her to bed at 10pm. No one noticed Jessica was missing until Mark went to turn off her alarm the next morning. NO ONE heard a thing. Couey never reported his new address and LE never searched the home he was living in, even though they were there twice during her disappearance. That's why I have a hard time believing LE "cleared" all the SOs. There were 44 RSOs in a 5 mile radius of Haleigh's home and one of them has been missing since Feb 2009. You have 2 small children and a teenage girl in the house sleeping. I doubt that would be any deterrence to an SO. There was an AC repairman there that day working and I would bet that door had been unlocked for him to do his work. Someone could have easily forgot to lock it back, hence no forced entry. Propping that door could be an easy way out, especially carrying a 5 year old child. Before exiting the home, Haleigh shirt was changed, making Misty look like a liar when asked what the child was wearing. I don't agree with most of the actions of the people closest to Haleigh, but I also don't think they hurt her either. After 15 years, someone would have talked to get immunity. Misty has been in prison for years and she hasn't told anybody in confidence? I find that hard to believe if she was guilty. Is there still a reward for information? That's why I have a hard time with family members not keeping Haleigh's case in the public eye. I would be calling
detectives every week asking for a progress report. I would be a thorn in LE's side until I found my daughter and who was responsible for taking her.

Last edited:
All of the major players in this case were dirt poor, dumb, drug abusers who got thrust into the national spotlight. They continued to be themselves with more drama and headlines about every move they made.
I believe now Misty got the jail sentence she did because she was Misty.
I don't think they know what happened to Haleigh.

All of the major players in this case were dirt poor, dumb, drug abusers who got thrust into the national spotlight. They continued to be themselves with more drama and headlines about every move they made.
I believe now Misty got the jail sentence she did because she was Misty.
I don't think they know what happened to Haleigh.

Misty got the sentence she did because of Florida's mandatory minimum sentencing. If she hadn't sold drugs in 2 different counties, she may have qualified for first time offender.

I believe now Misty
I have to agree.

Last edited:
The Prosecutor could have asked for a lesser/reduced sentence but didn't because they believed Misty would talk. Almost 15 years later and nothing. In my opinion, this case is no closer to being solved than 15 years ago. My opinion is LE got tunnel vision from the start. I have never been impressed how this case was handled by LE or the media. Hindsight is 20/20. I just wish someone would get off their butt and get Haleigh's case back out there. Thanks Vern for all that you are doing in finding Haleigh. I hope your searches yield some results and can move this case forward.

The Prosecutor could have asked for a lesser/reduced sentence but didn't because they believed Misty would talk. Almost 15 years later and nothing. In my opinion, this case is no closer to being solved than 15 years ago. My opinion is LE got tunnel vision from the start. I have never been impressed how this case was handled by LE or the media. Hindsight is 20/20. I just wish someone would get off their butt and get Haleigh's case back out there. Thanks Vern for all that you are doing in finding Haleigh. I hope your searches yield some results and can move this case forward.
Florida's mandatory minimum for opiod related crimes can't really be bargained down. Misty knows what happened and kept her mouth shut because she was afraid of Law Enforcement or Ronald. I think she told him some story about Haleigh getting into his drugs and he was in cover his *advertiser censored* mode. Timmy knows where Haleigh is, IMHO. Not Tommy.

Florida's mandatory minimum for opiod related crimes can't really be bargained down. Misty knows what happened and kept her mouth shut because she was afraid of Law Enforcement or Ronald. I think she told him some story about Haleigh getting into his drugs and he was in cover his *advertiser censored* mode. Timmy knows where Haleigh is, IMHO. Not Tommy.
Misty could have been deemed a youthful offender (under 24 years of age)and the prosecutor could have asked the judge for a lesser sentence because of this. IF Misty had the financial resources to hire a decent defense lawyer specializing in drug trafficking charges she might not be serving 25 years today. The 18-year old got the largest sentence after being called the "key" in Haleigh's disappearance? Believe me, there was a bullseye on her back. I am not making any excuses for her bad decisions, though. IMO I don't think any of them know where Haleigh is. I just don't think any of them was smart enough to pull this off for 15 years. Maybe publicize reward money again for the whereabouts of Haleigh and see if anybody comes out of the woodwork.

I need to correct the youthful offender age from 24 years to 21 years or below. I am sorry for the mistake.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mollymac94
Back