Haleigh's General Discussion Thread for 2012-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
HaLeigh's tree:

streef.jpg

HaLeigh's tree:

streef.jpg

That's a very beautiful tree. Do you or anyone else know what kind it is? I'm terrible at id'ing foilage and was wondering if it would survive in Indiana.

That's a very beautiful tree. Do you or anyone else know what kind it is? I'm terrible at id'ing foilage and was wondering if it would survive in Indiana.

Hi twall,

I forgot what kind off the top of my head. I'll get the details for you and let you know tomorrow. :)

Hmmmm...it looks like maybe a dwarf Crepe Myrtle.

Her family is the one doing it. The school is allowing the tree to be planted there. A plaque will be placed on the tree (not today - it has been ordered) with HaLeigh's name on it.

The Cummings side of the family also continued the HaLeigh's Closet tradition that the Sheffield's started a few years ago. Donations of school supplies, etc, for children that can not afford them can be sent in directly to the school, or donated in person today to a school official who will be there to collect them in HaLeigh's name.

HAPPY 9th BIRTHDAY, HaLeigh!

The Cummings did this? It is a nice gesture. Seems almost like they admit she is gone. Are they cooperating or searching for Haleigh? Either side? I personally don't have a side anymore as NO one seems to be expending time or any efforts to find her. I love this child and can't shake her but I guarantee that I'd invest my time and money in searching and PI's. Haleigh deserved so much better. How would you explain to her, if found, that Daddy is in jail for dealing drugs? His rap sheet tells a tale that perhaps is better she never knew. I've no doubt you are in a better place now. JMO etc.

It is indeed a Crepe Myrtle. They come in many colors. Beautiful tree just like HaLeigh.

The Cummings did this? It is a nice gesture. Seems almost like they admit she is gone. Are they cooperating or searching for Haleigh? Either side? I personally don't have a side anymore as NO one seems to be expending time or any efforts to find her. I love this child and can't shake her but I guarantee that I'd invest my time and money in searching and PI's. Haleigh deserved so much better. How would you explain to her, if found, that Daddy is in jail for dealing drugs? His rap sheet tells a tale that perhaps is better she never knew. I've no doubt you are in a better place now. JMO etc.

The Cummings, indeed, did this. And, as always, are not, admitting HaLeigh is gone until they have proof. I believe that is the stance of both sides of her family. I can't imagine how hard it would be to have a missing loved one that LE is telling me is deceased, yet they have no evidence to show me that is true. (They did have that meeting at the Sheriff's office, but that doesn't mean there was actual "evidence" shown). Without proof, it must be hard to accept your loved one is actually dead. I would probably hold onto hope, too, if I were in that position - and I am thankful everyday I'm not.

I'd like to answer your questions about whether or not they are cooperating with LE and what they are doing. However, whenever I try to post anything that I "know" and don't have to link to back up, my posts get deleted. So, since I don't have media articles to back anything up - I can't say anything.

My heart is broken for HaLeigh. I think this whole situation stinks to high heaven. I don't think her case will ever be solved unless there is a new sheriff (jmo), and it doesn't look like that is going to happen by the looks of the recent primary. I fully believe this case is solvable. I wish the FBI were the ones running the case. (And yeah, yeah, the "feds" reviewed the case recently. Uh huh. All I can say to that - The media has done a terrible job reporting in this case - IMO. Does anyone really think that the FBI told Putnam County that they did a "great job" investigating HaLeigh's case? Really??)

The Cummings, indeed, did this. And, as always, are not, admitting HaLeigh is gone until they have proof. I believe that is the stance of both sides of her family. I can't imagine how hard it would be to have a missing loved one that LE is telling me is deceased, yet they have no evidence to show me that is true. (They did have that meeting at the Sheriff's office, but that doesn't mean there was actual "evidence" shown). Without proof, it must be hard to accept your loved one is actually dead. I would probably hold onto hope, too, if I were in that position - and I am thankful everyday I'm not.

I'd like to answer your questions about whether or not they are cooperating with LE and what they are doing. However, whenever I try to post anything that I "know" and don't have to link to back up, my posts get deleted. So, since I don't have media articles to back anything up - I can't say anything.

My heart is broken for HaLeigh. I think this whole situation stinks to high heaven. I don't think her case will ever be solved unless there is a new sheriff (jmo), and it doesn't look like that is going to happen by the looks of the recent primary. I fully believe this case is solvable. I wish the FBI were the ones running the case. (And yeah, yeah, the "feds" reviewed the case recently. Uh huh. All I can say to that - The media has done a terrible job reporting in this case - IMO. Does anyone really think that the FBI told Putnam County that they did a "great job" investigating HaLeigh's case? Really??)

yep broken heart for Haleigh right here too and I can appreciate your not wanting to announce things but were I them, I'd damn sure be in the public spotlight putting pressure on Hardy or whoever else. I'd have a faction behind the scenes but you'd never shut me up were I looking for my child/grandchild. That's where they ALL lose my sympathy. Kids don't just disappear and I know you sympathize with Ron's family but there is so much they could do PUBLICLY and yet they choose not to. Neither side does anything and it sometimes seems we care more than they do. Look at what the web has done for Mickey Shunick. They could use the internet to gain attention yet they DO NOTHING. If it walks like a duck......

yep broken heart for Haleigh right here too and I can appreciate your not wanting to announce things but were I them, I'd damn sure be in the public spotlight putting pressure on Hardy or whoever else. I'd have a faction behind the scenes but you'd never shut me up were I looking for my child/grandchild. That's where they ALL lose my sympathy. Kids don't just disappear and I know you sympathize with Ron's family but there is so much they could do PUBLICLY and yet they choose not to. Neither side does anything and it sometimes seems we care more than they do. Look at what the web has done for Mickey Shunick. They could use the internet to gain attention yet they DO NOTHING. If it walks like a duck......

BBM:
You're right HH, and almost everyone involved in this case, from certain family individuals to LE seem to have that "duck waddle".
MOO

BBM:
You're right HH, and almost everyone involved in this case, from certain family individuals to LE seem to have that "duck waddle".
MOO

I agree, Benda. I am especially disgusted with the LE down there. I have had so many theories about who is responsible for the death of our little girl, and I still haven't made up my mind completely. That being said, I certainly know who to blame in the investigation, and that would be several people in LE.

I'm not disgusted with LE. I'm disgusted with the family and their drug addcitions....every last one of them.

As far as finding Haliegh. She's gone. There is nothing to be found. She was most likely put in the river, as told. They found the ropes and the cinder blocks. I believe the cinder blocks came from Green Lane. Evidence will never hold up in Court....they did the best job they could by rounding up the gang they had. Somebody, if not four of the five in prison, know what happened to Haleigh.

Drugs are the reason Haleigh is dead. Combine that with poor judgement, lack of self-control, alcohol and something bad is bound to happen. Drugs is the main reason Haleigh is dead and most, if not all, are in prison paying for it.

That tree is so beautiful. As much as I am in shock that it is the Cummings side of the family who was behind this, they could not have found a more beautiful tree to represent little Haleigh!

About the tree: Why now after all this time? Why didn't someone cut the grass? Why not make it truly lovely beautiful by dressing it with mulch? To me it looks sloppy and just stuck in the dirt. Sorry, I like things done well, especially for a loved one that is deceased.

I'm not disgusted with LE. I'm disgusted with the family and their drug addcitions....every last one of them.

As far as finding Haliegh. She's gone. There is nothing to be found. She was most likely put in the river, as told. They found the ropes and the cinder blocks. I believe the cinder blocks came from Green Lane. Evidence will never hold up in Court....they did the best job they could by rounding up the gang they had. Somebody, if not four of the five in prison, know what happened to Haleigh.

Drugs are the reason Haleigh is dead. Combine that with poor judgement, lack of self-control, alcohol and something bad is bound to happen. Drugs is the main reason Haleigh is dead and most, if not all, are in prison paying for it.

BBM

Shall we talk about John Merchant?

From people who attended the tree planting and balloon release HaLeigh's maternal side of the family nor anyone from LE made an appearance.

Has anyone heard how Crystal and family remembered?
I know they started 'HaLeigh's Closet' a few years ago and donations of supplies were taken at the birthday remembrance also.

The only thing I know about John Merchant is the A Sykes is very familiar with him. Afterall, he had arrested ron cummings throughout his youth. They were on a first name basis. ASykes must have spent a fortune on attorneys to get rc out of trouble.

I am interested in the Cummings Clan. It appears Rooster and his family run certain parts of the county. What goes on behind that big steel fence, anyway? He seems to have some pull in that town.

The only thing I know about John Merchant is the A Sykes is very familiar with him. Afterall, he had arrested ron cummings throughout his youth. They were on a first name basis. ASykes must have spent a fortune on attorneys to get rc out of trouble.

I am interested in the Cummings Clan. It appears Rooster and his family run certain parts of the county. What goes on behind that big steel fence, anyway? He seems to have some pull in that town.

Wasn't JM at some point in his LE career in some sort of drug enforcement team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels