Handwriting Analysis//Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I just spent 20 minutes typing an entry & lost it when my login timed out!

I'll try to keep this one short ---

1) I need to get a mod to give me permission to post attachments or a lot of what I'm saying isn't gonna make much sense...

2) I need to respectfully ask you to agree that we'll only discuss the handwriting of the persons who wrote the statements released by LE --- and not discuss anyone's individual handwriting.

If agreed, I will post more tomorrow & we'll go from there.

Thanks,
Soulscape

I agree and that is why I did not respond. Looking forward to more information soulscape!

When I saw Casey's statement I was struck by how childish her writing was. I have a niece who still has this style of writing and she's in her 30's so I'm not saying that just because she has this style it means she's a psycopathic baby killer, but anything that can give us some insight can be useful. It also stood out to me how totally unreadable her signature was.

VB

Her handwriting to me was nothing more than girly, not immature and not sociopathic, just girly. The analysis is very interesting though, I've studied this only a little bit and find that soulscape is on the right track.

One other thing I did notice is that Casey is telling this as a novel, not as a report where her child is missing. She's making it up as she goes.

Her use of... "However, when I returned" or some such like that... sickened me.

Hi All,

I just spent 20 minutes typing an entry & lost it when my login timed out!

I'll try to keep this one short ---

1) I need to get a mod to give me permission to post attachments or a lot of what I'm saying isn't gonna make much sense...

2) I need to respectfully ask you to agree that we'll only discuss the handwriting of the persons who wrote the statements released by LE --- and not discuss anyone's individual handwriting.

If agreed, I will post more tomorrow & we'll go from there.

Thanks,
Soulscape
What kind of attachments are you talking about?
Pictures you can upload to your album on this site and paste the url into your post, but space is limited. Go UserCP, Networking, Pictures & Albums
Free services include: Tinypic or Image Shack
If you want to share a document you can use:
4 Share its my favorite but there are others.

Anyone else having trouble opening the pdf's containing her handwriting? I just get a blank, black site with no image. Did they pull it because of traffic or is it my software. It worked fine yesterday.

i find it curious that in her first handwritten statement, the first time she writes the word "nanny" it looks like the word is very forced, like she didnt want to write it, or was thinking ver hard on another word, especially on the Ns...the rest of her Ns are not as sloppy...its almost like she was thinking "once i write this, theres no going back" jmo..

What kind of attachments are you talking about?
Pictures you can upload to your album on this site and paste the url into your post, but space is limited. Go UserCP, Networking, Pictures & Albums
Free services include: Tinypic or Image Shack
If you want to share a document you can use:
4 Share its my favorite but there are others.

Thanks, GizzySmith!!

I will see if this works for me --- hopefully, it will & I'll be able to start including the graphics that will help me explain what I'm looking at.

~~Soulscape

IMO the word immature would be her use of the space. She seems to fill up the entire line. Her writing does have a young look to it versus an older persons writing. My writing is similiar as well except for the space usage.

Hi All,

Glad to see there’s interest and I appreciate everyone agreeing to only discuss the handwriting of Casey and the other players who submitted written statements to LE, and not compare it to -- or make comments about -- any of our own individual handwriting.

That said, let’s start!

According to one of my reference books, handwriting is **brain prints.**

Brain prints reveal who we are and how we think, feel and behave. They are an x-ray of our mind. Like fingerprints, they are unique. No two people ever have the exact same brain prints (handwriting).

(See Handwriting Analysis: Putting It to Work for You by Andrea McNichol, page 24.)

It is completely possible for expert graphologists to get a clear picture of how someone thinks, feels and behaves by examining their handwriting.

Professional graphologists examine dozens of what are called **traits** in the handwriting sample to come up with a clear picture of an individual. Just like other forensic work, there has to be **a preponderance of the evidence** before an expert graphologist will judge a person to be a liar, crook, baby killer, whatever – simply based on their handwriting.

Before they even start looking at traits or formations of letters, graphologists visually examine the document to get a sense of general layout, such as placement of the writing on the page, width of margins, upward or downward slope of the sentences, do the words it appear crowded or spaced out, does the signature differ from the other handwriting, and other such observations.

Handwriting samples are almost always submitted on unlined, blank sheets of paper. Since there are no lines to guide the writer, the graphologist gets a much clearer picture --- way deeper insight --- into the writer’s mind.

All of the handwriting samples we have from the documents released by LE are written on lined paper. We’ll still see what we can try to pull out of them, but keep in mind that lined paper will disguise some of the things we are looking for. For example, when written on blank, unlined paper, sentences sloping down can be an indicator of depression, while sentences sloping up can be an indicator of someone with a positive attitude.

Over the next day or two, I’ll post some short, basic, introductory posts to help people without reference books or prior knowledge get a clear sense on what’s involved in the examination of handwriting.

Of course, if anyone reading this thread knows a professional graphologist (or even a good amateur) who might be willing to join in, please invite them to contribute!!

Thanks,
Soulscape

I am very excited to hear your discussion on this. I think it will give us insight into her statement of what happened.

I am very excited to hear your discussion on this. I think it will give us insight into her statement of what happened.

Thanks, Vanjett, I agree!

I will be much more likely to post this evening, as I work during the day & can't spend much time catching up and/or writing new posts. If I can manage to post a snippet or two here & there during the work day, I will, but I'll have to do the bulk of it later.

thanks,
Soulscape

I used http://www.handwritingwizard.com/ with CA's written statement. The results would take several posts to put here.

I don't have software to put the results into a document. I did try Google Docs but it will only let me share it with people whose email addy I have.

Does anybody know of an online document creator I could use?

TIA

I used http://www.handwritingwizard.com/ with CA's written statement. The results would take several posts to put here.

I don't have software to put the results into a document. I did try Google Docs but it will only let me share it with people whose email addy I have.

TIA
Adobe acrobat

TIA

Just for kicks, I used that site to analyze my own. It was DEAD ON about everything. Interesting. I'm really anxious to see Casey's.

Ok progress. I figured out how to save it as a PDF in google docs.

Now just need to find a place to upload and share it.

BeanE,

Maybe that 4 Share site in GizzySmith's #29 post above?

Sorry I called you Rudolf in previous post -- I got confused!

Thanks,
Soulscape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members