Hank Croslin Sr Arrested 11/24/09

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20091124/ARTICLES/911249893/1002Did It is interesting that something (tip) has been investigated, proven and someone is being charged but it has nothing to do with HaLeigh. So sad. Did anyone else notice FDLE is still involved.

Something seems a little fishy to me though because if they had the information in April or May, why the heck are they making an arrest now?

very strange, I wonder if Tommy gave LE a useful piece of info the last time he was in jail.

Something seems a little fishy to me though because if they had the information in April or May, why the heck are they making an arrest now?

very strange, I wonder if Tommy gave LE a useful piece of info the last time he was in jail.
Ya think so?

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20091124/ARTICLES/911249893/1002Did It is interesting that something (tip) has been investigated, proven and someone is being charged but it has nothing to do with HaLeigh. So sad. Did anyone else notice FDLE is still involved.
"During the investigation into Haleigh’s disappearance, law enforcement received information alleging that Hank Thomas Croslin Sr., 41, was fraudulently obtaining prescription drugs, according to the Putnam Sheriff’s Office."

This is interesting...I wonder where this tip came from! And I wonder how long LE has been investigating this, because he allegedly obtained the pills between April and May, and it's now almost December. Maybe LE has had this information and they were waiting for an appropriate time for the arrest. ?????

From HH's article linked in above post

A spokesman for the state's attorney's office, Mike Edmondson, said the agreement dropping the charge is "standard for first-time offenders who admit their addiction."

Looks like Hank can easily beat the charge if he "admits his addiction". Rush Limbaugh's charge was also in FL.

Did anyone else notice that Hank sr was only charged with withholding information from practitioner? Is that all he was arrested for? Is it reasonable to assume that there were no drugs in the house because he wasn't charged with possession? I would think that a person suspected of obtaining that many pills might have their house searched. Just thinking.

Elle, essentially withholding info as I understand it relative to Hank means that Hank neglected to tell each of the three doctors that he was get scripts from THREE different docs...it's doc shopping and its a felony...and it would make sense if drugs were found there as he had scripts...hope this makes sense..:)

Elle, you may have answered my question before I posted it!

Hank Sr arrest is great news because it takes a major supply of powerful drugs out of circulation and he will never get away with it again. He deserves jail and likely has for many years. Hank Sr should not be allowed to return to his former place of residence for what he has done and I wish a restraining order could prevent him from being around children. He was likely trafficking illegal drugs in a family dwelling that he doesn't own. A RO would also prevent Hank Sr. from freeloading any longer off his children and destroying their home life. Hank Jrs life is shrouded in darkness; his reputation is ruined, his livelihood is dead, his marriage is likely dead;. he hasn't worked for along time and his former business partner, his dad, is in a better position than him because he gets to collect a disability cheque and perhaps live rent free without having the responsibility of caring for young children. Yes I can understand why there are sparks flying between Hank Sr and his son. Hank Sr chose to ignore the consequences of doctor shopping and I'm very glad he got caught. I applaud the person who informed LE. Hank Jr is in deep despair yet I would advise Lindsy to exercise her rights and file for a divorce, sell and split the proceeds from the sale of their house, and leave to start a new life on equal terms, deciding to do what is best for her and her children's future. Lindsy C is likely torn in two about leaving her husband and guilt is the reason she puts off the inevitable. I don't think Hank Sr should be allowed back in Lindsy and tommy's home so I hope he stays in jail. Everyone will benefit from Hank Sr being removed from this home.

Elle, essentially withholding info as I understand it relative to Hank means that Hank neglected to tell each of the three doctors that he was get scripts from THREE different docs...it's doc shopping and its a felony...and it would make sense if drugs were found there as he had scripts...hope this makes sense..:)

Right, they wouldn't charge him with illegal possession because he had a legal script for them-the problem is he had too many scripts-that is the illegal part.
This was Hank Jr.'s charge when he was found napping in the van w/prescription drugs he DID NOT have a legal prescription for.
POSSESS CNTRL SUB WO PRESCRIPTION

Hope that helps you to understand the arrests, charges more Elle.

Somehow he has eluded the spotlight...

IMO answers will come directly from this arrest.

Right, they wouldn't charge him with illegal possession because he had a legal script for them-the problem is he had too many scripts-that is the illegal part.
This was Hank Jr.'s charge when he was found napping in the van w/prescription drugs he DID NOT have a legal prescription for.
POSSESS CNTRL SUB WO PRESCRIPTION

Hope that helps you to understand the arrests, charges more Elle.
So maybe PCSO didn't need a tip if they found them all in the front seat of the van after they arrested Tommy for POSSESS CNTRL SUB WO PRESCRIPTION.

Dang if PCSO works that quick I wonder what they have uncovered in HaLeighs case.

For a nice looking man, he surely is one messed up dude.

I don't think I have ever seen a picture of Hank before today's arrest. He is a nice looking man and I agree, he is a messed up dude.

Florida is known for pain clinics on every corner. I am sure Hank had no problem getting all of these prescriptions. Hank has a legitimate pain problem. A lot of people go to these clinics and don't even have documented pain conditions. They still walk out with their scripts for oxy's.

But if this is back from April and May, what is LE's purpose in waiting until now? What does this have to do with Haleigh's investigation?

I don't think I have ever seen a picture of Hank before today's arrest. He is a nice looking man and I agree, he is a messed up dude.

Florida is known for pain clinics on every corner. I am sure Hank had no problem getting all of these prescriptions. Hank has a legitimate pain problem. A lot of people go to these clinics and don't even have documented pain conditions. They still walk out with their scripts for oxy's.

But if this is back from April and May, what is LE's purpose in waiting until now? What does this have to do with Haleigh's investigation?

Well, Baxter :) I don't think this is JUST a doc shop charge...EVERYONE--except Misty ;) -- in the Croslin family has been hauled in.....I think the squeeze continues or should I say I hope...:)

Hank calling 911 3 times (IIRC) in one evening to report someone stole about 140 of his pills could of drawn some attention to his activities and gave LE a reason to investigate the situation a bit. IMO this is about more than Hank and his pill habit, hopefully LE will get some much needed info that will help bring Haleigh home.

Hank calling 911 3 times (IIRC) in one evening to report someone stole about 140 of his pills could of drawn some attention to his activities and gave LE a reason to investigate the situation a bit. IMO this is about more than Hank and his pill habit, hopefully LE will get some much needed info that will help bring Haleigh home.

ITA Busy...from the first article lnked on this thread:

Police found this information as part of their investigation into the disappearance of the young girl.

I think someone has been talking...I have always wondered how the charges re the checks and the stolen gun became known to LE--JMO...

here's to hope :)

So the part BBM is what caught my eye...300 pills in give or take 2 months !!!
Houston we have a problem....no wonder Tommy is a mess he has pop to help out.
Either Hank is selling or has a real bad habit..this of course is JMHO...
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The investigation revealed that Croslin obtained approximately 300 Oxycodone and Hydrocodone pills from three different physicians between April and May 2009

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/cummings_case/112409-More-trouble-follows-Croslins

I would be under the impression since nobody to my knowledge is working in that household except for maybe Lindsey this is how in part they are making ends meet....jmo

From watching a video on the oxy/pill business in FL, it isn't difficult to doctor shop; in fact, it's easier to doctor shop than it is to get caught at it. You have to make some pretty desperate blunders to get caught. It's a multi-billion dollar industry, at this time unregulated by the laws which curtail "pain management clinics" in the rest of the country. There are legislators working to get a bill passed which will help immensely, leaving junkies and their "barely legal" clinic providers with no where to go. We can only help.

I agree, that there are so many people that do this. The only reason he got caught was because they were investigating him. I think they were trying to find anything on somebody so they could have some leverage. They needed something to make somebody talk, and this was a nice little bonus for them.

Here is some info on the pills Hank Sr. had it is a very good article. Here is what these pills go for on the street fwiw:
____________________________________________________________________________________________

The cost in $$ of OxyContin® on the streets:
Strength ~ Retain Price ~ Street Price1

•10mg ~ $1.25 ~ $5 to $10
•20mg ~ $2.30 ~ $10 to $20
•40mg ~ $4.00 ~ $25 to $40
•80mg ~ $6.00 ~ $65 to $80

http://headaches.about.com/cs/druginfo/a/oxy_saga.htm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors