Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked the car model up and it was a 2 door coupe. Looking at the photos, from when LE retrieved it, it appears the passenger seat is slid way forward and the drivers seat was slid back.

Is it possible to have a thread dedicated to discussing how and why young women, who often feel so invincible especially when under the influence of alcohol and drugs, should keep themselves safe? I suspect this case will lead to many thoughtful articles involving practical recommendations as well as philosophical discussions. Certainly, being a victim of crime is not the victim's fault, but safety is not just a matter of depending on your constitutional right to drink to oblivion and take other risks. The example I give my daughter is: imagine you are at an intersection and the crosswalk light clearly says walk, giving you the legal right to do so. Yet you look to your left and see a car ready to run the light. Would you walk?

At any rate, would a thread be possible? Camille Paglia has an article on time.com that should be required reading for any young woman in today's world.

Young men get killed when they are drunk too. This is an issue for both sexes, not just young women.

So glad that the Grahams will have their daughter back and that they no longer need to go on wondering where she is. Praying for the Grahams in the days, months and years ahead as they go through the grieving and judicial processes.

Thinking of the fact that if the videos from businesses where Hannah was last seen had not existed, JM (assuming he is guilty) would most likely still be out there and HG may not have been found this soon.

Assuming only pants were found, and no shirt, similar to MH, I can not help but wonder again about Jamisha Gilbert. Last night I jumped up in the middle of the night with a very troubled feeling about Jamisha, as her shirt was stripped, but that was attributed to hypothermia, the shedding of the clothes...anyway, I know discussion of Jamisha should go in Jamisha's thread, or the "Other Possible Victims" thread, but I just wanted to say with regards to this thread that I'm very curious about Hannah's shirt, and if it will be found with the remains.

There has been mention and discussion of the possibility of JLM owning a business in the area. If you Google the address of Mountainview Adult Home it shows it as having been established as an assisted living facility in 2010 with two employees. This is a year after MH went missing. Has anyone been able to determine who owned that business (not necessarily the property) and who the two employees were? If JLM was personally involved with this facility, he may have used it as a previous place of employment on his application at the hospital. JMO

My friend was attacked in a mall parking lot. I always envisioned a predator sneaking up on you, or popping out of the bushes, etc, but I learned from
Hopefully nothing like this will ever happen to anyone here. But I'm 100% serious when I say you have to watch your back at all times. It seems to me there is no shortage of violent predators out there. I wish I did not have to lock my doors, etc, but unfortunately the days of not locking your doors are over, imo.

Eta: And Never, under any circumstances, leave your drink unattended at the bar. Even for a second. If I forget, I ask for a new one. Even asking someone to watch your drink does not protect you, because they might get distracted themselves. Also, do not accept drinks from strangers.

Eta: Also, if you're walking, and someone pulls up alongside you to ask for directions, etc, KEEP YOUR DISTANCE.

Everything is jmo

Respectfully snipped by me, to add to this thought, look around your vehicle while in parking lot. I was loading my groceries up once at Walmart and noticed someone coming toward my vehicle out of the corner of eye, I kept casually glancing around to keep an eye on him without making it obvious. By the time I was done unloading my food he was squatting next to my front passenger side tire, I could see the top of his head near my passenger mirror while loading the rear gate and looking thru my vehicle towards the front. In a state of panic I was running scenarios thru my head of climbing in the back & crawling to the front, backing into the grocery cart and speeding away. Luckily my last grocery bag made a loud "ping" as I placed it in the vehicle, a bottle of wine in that bag hit my child's metal t-ball bat. I didn't even realize that bat was in there, I grabbed it and went to that side of my lift gate, looked him dead in the eye and hit the bat to my hand. He got in his car that happened to be parked right next to mine and sped off so fast. This meant he was across the parking lot waiting for me, probably knowing most minivans are driven by woman. As soon as I came out he headed my way to carry out his plan. If I had been on my phone or hadn't noticed him who knows what would have happened. So, get a bat, keep it in your trunk, get a stun gun, get pepper spray, do everything you can to keep yourself safe!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm so sad about this news. However, I'm glad the parents get some sort of closure.

I am baffled with people attacking the LE who led the search team who found the body. Someone on this thread even said he could be a serial killer. Really?

This is a tough job. Like finding a needle in a haystack. This man followed his hunch and kept working on a Saturday in order to bring justice to Hannah. While I agree that his comments were a little too brass, I don't see why people are criticizing an honest citizen who was doing a very tough job with clear passion and care. The media is heavily pursuing this story. This agent has probably been searching for days and hearing about bones, skulls... He is probably a little de-sensitized by the nature of his job and didn't realize he might cause pain/grief to others.

Can we stop blaming the victims of this mess created by ONE person only? JM.

I find it odd that JM possibly might not have gone to great lengths to hide the body, it might seem, as mentioned by song22 iirc in the prior thread. I know the location is remote, etc, but a shallow grave/placed in a dry creek bed when he had so much time? Something seems odd about this, as I would think he might have gone to greater lengths to make sure the remains would not be openly visible / unearthed. Did he want them to eventually be found? Thinking out loud...

There have been several posts mentioning the possibility that recent rains have pushed these human remains from someplace else until they finally came to rest where they were found. While I understand this can and does happen, I don't think that will be the case here. What are the odds that they would come to settle in a dry creek bed DIRECTLY BEHIND an ABANDONED HOUSE that was formerly an ADULT ASSISTED LIVING CENTER, when he previously worked at an adult assisted living center less than a half hour away, and most SURELY would have been aware of this place, especially as he has family living very close by, and so most likely knew that it was empty at the time, as he surely had been up and down that road many times. JMO, but my guess is that house has his and Hannah's DNA all over it, and perhaps was in fact the crime scene. JMO

This ^. A thousand times, this!!!!

Respectfully snipped by me, to add to this thought, look around your vehicle while in parking lot. I was loading my groceries up once at Walmart and noticed someone coming toward my vehicle out of the corner of eye, I kept casually glancing around to keep an eye on him without making it obvious. By the time I was done unloading my food he was squatting next to my front passenger side tire, I could see the top of his head near my passenger mirror while loading the rear gate and looking thru my vehicle towards the front. In a state of panic I was running scenarios thru my head of climbing in the back & crawling to the front, backing into the grocery cart and speeding away. Luckily my last grocery bag made a loud "ping" as I placed it in the vehicle, a bottle of wine in that bag hit my child's metal t-ball bat. I didn't even realize that bat was in there, I grabbed it and went to that side of my lift gate, looked him dead in the eye and hit the bat to my hand. He got in his car that happened to be parked right next to mine and sped off so fast. This meant he was across the parking lot waiting for me, probably knowing most minivans are driven by woman. As soon as I came out he headed my way to carry out his plan. If I had been on my phone or hadn't noticed him who knows what would have happened. So, get a bat, keep it in your trunk, get a stun gun, get pepper spray, do everything you can to keep yourself safe!

My sons, and some of his athlete friend could take a bat, club, knife away from most women and even when brandished with adrenoline. They've done it. That is a major problem with weapons and those who are not so strong and brandishing them. JM is an athlete and though now a big heavy oafish looking guy, he probably can move very quickly and strike hard. That kind of training often stays.

Awareness and the buddy system really makes a huge dent in abduction chances. I know a woman who was grabbed and raped with a gun in her purse. A little drunk, walking alone. Take away those two factors and it might not have happened. Of course getting rid of the perps would be a better solution,but they are unfortunately out there.

Dick Uliano ‏@DickUliano 8m8 minutes ago
This is the park land south of downtown Charlottesville where remains were found #HannahGraham #wtop

B0UQUWwIgAAOPnF.jpg

Dick Uliano ‏@DickUliano 6m6 minutes ago
Albemarle police command post near where remains found #HannahGraham #wtop

B0URPk7IQAA3ZQo.jpg

Dick Uliano ‏@DickUliano 3m3 minutes ago
Another road block enroute to site where remains found #HannahGraham #wtop

B0UR8qwIUAA4Fok.jpg

https://twitter.com/DickUliano

I carry a knife and bear mace in my purse or pocket. It's time women fought back. Don't allow anyone who makes you uncomfortable get too close. I have had some scary experiences and I always say "hey mister, you're freaking me out. Back up. I am armed. "
I would rather spray someone with bear mace, which is way more effective on a human than the key chain pepper spray, even if their intentions weren't nefarious, than become a crime victim. I have found that the warning usually works. And if they don't heed your warning, spray them directly in the face, kick them in the kneecap or located area and RUN!

He did not get angry and kill Hannah.

He is a serial killer and he kills females. That is what he likes to do.

If it was killing in a fit of anger, he would not be taking trophies.

Interesting that he leaves some items and takes others. The taking of others is my opinion only based on no top mentioned and MH's shirt found.

I still go with my diagnosis of aberration and monster.

I hope there will be info on him. Sure his career got ruined by the rape accusations, but I do not believe for one minute a sweet person turns into a serial killer.

AGREE They are sickos from the start.....and some "blend in" forever and are never discovered to be dangerous to society. I am so glad for the mall footage, or we may have never found him out. JMO

This ^. A thousand times, this!!!!

I think the house should be checked out very carefully for all sorts of DNA, and matched against any missing persons. It could have been used for all kinds of purposes. In any area, vacant homes and shelters get used for get togethers and for illegal things like drugs, underage parties, and in cases where there are very dangerous people as rape, murder, torture, assault sites.

It's not unusual for those without specific skills and degrees to end up working in assisted care. That is a job widely available in our area, I know. I think JM partook in activities where he needed some secluded "safe house" for himself, and kept his eyes out for any such places. I wish his friends, acquaintances had stepped up and shared what they knew of such places. Maybe he just kept this one to himself, but it's also possible no one wanted to tell on him. JM and others in the area may know of a number of such places. If the property is owned privately, LE doesn 't have ready access to it. Can't patrol it. It's up to neighbors to keep eyes open but if they are far enough away, the land parcel is large enough, it's just not possible to watch it 24/7. 2-3 Am are not times that people are up and about and watching much of anything. I watched our neighbors house while it was vacant and on the market, but I can tell you it was not a strict watch, and anyone being very careful or going there at times that our family was asleep could have had easy access to it.

Also activate the alarm on your car. I know many people that keep their car fob close to their bed so if someone breaks in etc, they activate the alarm along with other measures. jmo

in agreement to response about the man who continued searching and found the remains, forgot to include quote -Yes, thank God the man had enough intensity and determination about him to continue on searching and she was found. Those are the people who doggedly pursue for an answer and justice, like many websleuthers. I applaud those who work in the field and deal with these sorts of crimes on a daily basis. Some of them actually have a calling for this work and for the purpose that crimes are solved and people held accountable for their actions for society, the victim, and even for the criminal.

AGREE They are sickos from the start.....and some "blend in" forever and are never discovered to be dangerous to society. I am so glad for the mall footage, or we may have never found him out. JMO

RIGHT!!!! Where would Hannah's case possibly be without the footage?

It's interesting to me thinking about the unreliability of eyewitness testimony. WG appears to have described JM incorrectly as being bald when he clearly is not. One of our fellow sleuthers adamantly proclaimed in three separate postings (before correcting herself) that Longo used the term "abandoned structure" vs. "abandoned property" in the press conference when he never did. People argue over whether or not the Fairfax sketch resembles JM. There's a bunch of discussion about the description of the pants found as being "tight" and what that implies relative to being on or off the body. To me "tight" means "stretch" pants, but that's my interpretation. Point is, all eyewitness testimony is influenced by personal interpretation.

I put more of my faith and trust in science. Eyewitness descriptions are always suspect.

In regards to WG describing JM as a bald guy: My hair stylist was telling me that some younger kids these days shave an area of the head, then wear the other parts longer. She went on to say that tight braiding can give the appearance of "shaving" the side of the head, thus eliminating the need to shave it. Although JM does have a full head of dreadlocks, my impression from the video is that it was worn pulled back from the face in a pony tail style. This may explain why WG described a bald man. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon