Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure where scattered comes from but it was a busy day at work so I am not up on breaking news apart from new charges for JM. Remains are said to have been found, skull seeming intact, length of vertebrae (were they still attached by tendon, muscle, not completely just picked over bones?) indicating tall person, black colored pants along with or nearby depending on article. All since retracted by original MSM source allegedly at request of LE.

Do we now know scattered, skeletal, etc or are we just kicking round the possibles? Thanks for any who can fill me in quick on those two questions.

". . . they found a skull and bones scattered across a creek bed."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/20/us/hannah-graham-disappearance/index.html

Apparently this info is coming from Jean Cesarez of CNN:

color me unimpressed (by JC, not by poster of info) I will wait for a second source before considering. Others' mileage will surely vary and that's cool.

YES!!!! NOW I see the gate! Thanks Soulsad and everyone else for helping! :)

I scrolled past like two pages of posts waiting for you to finally see the gate!!!! whoo hoo!! :) :happydance: Going back to read now! LOL

I was thinking it could easily be in the country in North Carolina, too. Pretty much anyplace south of Delaware and north of Georgia and away from the coast.

I think the place is beautiful country so.. <modsnip> As far as remains, the south is covered in remains that are unidentified from history. There is such a thing called the "Trail of Tears" also. And that's just a start.

just a few thoughts.....First, regarding the location of this property-I live in a part of the country quite far from the beautiful state of Virginia, but where I live there are many roads like the one off of which dear Hannah was found. If it was in the middle of the night when JLM brought her there, I doubt anyone living in that area would have seen or noticed a thing. Also, it's been written here that only bones were found, and everyone's wondering about the decomposition and how it could have happened so quickly, does anyone think it's possible JLM returned to the site before he left for Texas, to douse the body with acid or bleach to remove DNA??

BBM. Yes, totally possible and I wouldn't be surprised since he must have felt rather cocky knowing he was never found for what he (most likely) did to Morgan... He knew he didn't want his dna found to match up, for sure!

I find that amazing! Thanks for the information.

Same here. It makes me wonder what I don't know about the land where I live. :eek:hoh:

And on that note, I am going to try to pry myself away from this forum now, wind down some with a cup of tea and a book, and try to get a good night's sleep without worrying about Hannah's mother and father, my own two daughters, and all unsuspecting women who are potential victims to predators we'd prefer to think do not exist. Goodnight.

You're welcome. VA has some laws that aren't quite what some are used to. I've heard of states where scenes of brutal crimes have to be disclosed. VA isn't one of them.
I find that amazing! Thanks for the information.

I scrolled past like two pages of posts waiting for you to finally see the gate!!!! whoo hoo!! :) :happydance: Going back to read now! LOL

that's so funny, I don't know how people didn't see the gate? I don't mean any disrespect; it just goes to show that people perceive things really, really differently.

You are incorrect. I am a real estate agent, licensed in VA, and very familiar with VA disclosure requirements. Sellers do not need to disclose if property was the scene of a brutal crime.

Correct me if I am wrong, they aren't required to disclose, but if asked about anything like that they are required to answer?

I don't believe Jean C. knows any more than we do, Jmo.

Yep. She was the one with the "in a structure" comment Saturday on CNN, I think. Hmmm. No clarification on that, either.

But I will say, the location strikes me as a place that someone might think would be a very, very good hiding place. And since there are other missing persons...IDK. I'm just thinking about how huge of an area they blocked off to search, too. JMO as usual.

It will not be tarnished forever but I think there will always be a certain sadness people will feel when they pass by it knowing a young woman's body was put behind the home like she was a piece of garbage.:(

My hope would be that whomever next owns the property would do something to honor the memory of Hannah.

Having said that however, we live in a country full of land that is tarnished. Be it murder, genocide, slavery, or other acts of unspeakable discrimination and dehumanization. It is imperative that we do our best to honor the victims of these tragedies, Hannah included, and make it our mission to prevent history from repeating itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would dogs be able to pick up the scent of bodies left on the ground for several years and perhaps scattered ?

In the dirt, everything is concentrated and I can believe dogs would find other victims in the area they are searching if the bodies are contained in a shallow grave.

As well, perhaps ground radar is possible when a scent is detected by the dogs to scan over an area.

The ease which JLM was observed to take Hannah leads me to believe that he was comfortable with his routine and his behavior and I wonder if more victims will appear as well outside of the UVA area.

Oh my goodness, I remember Taylor Biel. She was stalked by her BF (I think) . Another terrible loss.
Someone said it took four days to identify Morgan. It has been 2 days and they need to be sure it's dear Hannah. Maybe they hadn't collected DNA from the parents yet, thus had to process all three. I am ok waiting, although I do think it is her. Otherwise they wouldn't have called off the search in Walnut Park, but maybe should have gone ahead to look for evidence.

I would bet that they didn't have to collect DNA from her parents. I would bet that they already had her toothbrush and hair from her hairbrush and so had already extracted "reference" DNA right from Hannah, in anticipation of finding her. I even read that they had collected those things (hair and toothbrush) weeks ago, but can't find the link, so I'll end with the familiar disclosure... JMO :)

You are incorrect. I am a real estate agent, licensed in VA, and very familiar with VA disclosure requirements. Sellers do not need to disclose if property was the scene of a brutal crime.

In addition to this, the name of the street near Anchorage Farm where MH's remains were found was recently changed...presumably because Google searches of property would reveal details not conducive to making a sale.

Starting to think they have found more than one set of remains. If this was his "burial ground" heavy rains could have washed up more than one set of remains. Hard to go from "intact skeleton" to "scattered about" ... I get that info could be wrong but this seems wayyyyy off.

I've been wondering about that since Otto pointed out the discrepancies in the photo locations. There was also a comment in the press conference about it being a complicated crime scene. All of that seems like more than just a body recovered.

No, they do not have to answer. Buyers can ask whatever they want but doesn't mean they will get an answer. VA limits what a seller has to disclose.

Correct me if I am wrong, they aren't required to disclose, but if asked about anything like that they are required to answer?

No, they do not have to answer. Buyers can ask whatever they want but doesn't mean they will get an answer. VA limits what a seller has to disclose.

Thanks! I know in other states that is the rule of thumb but wasn't sure about Va. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inquisitive11201