Hannah's Journey on 09/13

Let's go for a minute with the theory that Hannah was lost, totally turned around, confused, tired, etc. (and that she was not meeting someone, etc.) --

What do we think is then going through her head when we see her in front of Sal's and Tuel's? Is she just continuing to walk until she finds her way back to her apartment/friends up near Wertland? Does she think she is actually going in the right direction now? (she's very briskly walking, as opposed to circling McGrady's for example).

There were plenty of people walking there on the mall- why did she not stop and ask someone for help getting to where she was going? She also passed by several bars/nightclubs from the time she turned onto the mall and the time she ran into JM (somewhere between Sal's and Tuel's). She could have easily asked for safe help from a bouncer as opposed to approaching a stranger if she didn't feel comfortable with that.

Obviously we can't get inside her head. I'm just trying to understand why, if she was as lost and totally beside herself with directions in order to end up at the DM as is a working theory, she didn't take the ample opportunity presented there on the DM to get turned back the right way. OR, at the very least, stop walking. And sit down and wait for her friends in one place- such as in front of an open bar that she walked by. One of the first things I learned as a kid from my parents was that if I got lost, not to keep walking around but to stay put :thinking:

Hanna posted this photo of the Mellow Mushroom's menu on twitter at 11:50AM August 14, 2014.
The Mellow Mushroom's address is 1321 W Main St, Charlottesville, VA 22903

https://twitter.com/hegraham25/status/499991553646280704

Is that an actual Mellow Mushroom poster/menu? What's with the colorful mushrooms and green plant? Yeah, I "get" the name has mushroom in it.

It's a very small chain here in VA (never seen it elsewhere). They have great pizza and I wouldn't take away anything from the name. It's a popular spot.

In the Galveston video he tried to put a couple sentences together about needing clothes. I doubt hannah was convinced he was an anesthesiologist, is my point and JMO.

I never said Hannah was convinced that he was an anesthesiologist, or that JLM told her that he was. I merely offered that he may say something like that while chatting her up. He may not have, and even if he did, she could have known immediately that it was BS, but still found it cute that he was maybe interested enough in her to try a story like that. I am just offering a possible scenario to counter most everyone's opinion that she would not and could not have anything in common with him, or be interested in him if she met him. When all else fails, for some people, opposites attract. And they were certainly opposites, at least on the surface. And no, I don't really believe this to be the case, just pointing out that it COULD be possible. JMO

It's a very small chain here in VA (never seen it elsewhere). They have great pizza and I wouldn't take away anything from the name. It's a popular spot.

Not really! I live on the Alabama Gulf Coast and we have a Mellow Mushroom. No, not suggesting anything regarding the name but I DO have to question the obviously suggestive menu. To me the menu says we have a target customer base here on The Corner and we KNOW how to get their attention. JMO, of course. You'd never see that same menu here, that's for sure. Not that we're "pure as the driven sand", but a restaurant here wouldn't be so bold as to think such a menu would be good business practice.

Hanna posted this photo of the Mellow Mushroom's menu on twitter at 11:50AM August 14, 2014.
The Mellow Mushroom's address is 1321 W Main St, Charlottesville, VA 22903

https://twitter.com/hegraham25/status/499991553646280704

I'm guessing that Cymbaline posted this because the Mellow Mushroom IS ONLY ONE MILE FROM TEMPO! i.e. Hannah was no stranger to this area. Cymbaline, great catch and please correct me if I have misinterpreted your intent.

You and I obviously define success very differently.

I am speaking about every kind of success. Financial, academic, spiritual... All of them. Every single type of person does "drugs". EVERY SINGLE TYPE. <modsnip>

The whole Mellow Mushroom conversation- I'm confused.

I'm guessing that Cymbaline posted this because the Mellow Mushroom IS ONLY ONE MILE FROM TEMPO! i.e. Hannah was no stranger to this area. Cymbaline, great catch and please correct me if I have misinterpreted your intent.

Yes, I caught the address AND possible message. Then again, just because someone posts a menu doesn't necessarily mean they've ever been to the place. Just saying!

Not really! I live on the Alabama Gulf Coast and we have a Mellow Mushroom. No, not suggesting anything regarding the name but I DO have to question the obviously suggestive menu. To me the menu says we have a target customer base here on The Corner and we KNOW how to get their attention. JMO, of course. You'd never see that same menu here, that's for sure. Not that we're "pure as the driven sand", but a restaurant here wouldn't be so bold as to think such a menu would be good business practice.

I'm not sure I follow. I've had many friends go to UVA and almost all of them wanted to eat there at some point when I visited. One of them is an MD at UVA hospital now and still eats there.

It's a very, very common spot that appeals to a lot of different groups, despite the mushroom imagery.

Someone, sorry I can't recall, had theorized that she may have been heading to the end of the mall, where the buses are. And JM intersected, said he would give her a ride since the buses stopped running and he was headed in her direction. That seems like a realistic theory...

Now I'm even more confused. Why is this tweet important in any way? She tweeted an ad for a restaurant offering 1974 prices for a day back in mid-August. Makes sense. I'd love to go and get $2.50 cheese pizza. Has nothing whatsoever to do with anything IMO. And of course she is familiar with the restaurant and area- it's around UVa grounds and on the Corner.

For the record, my original post (which this was responding to) was totally on a different topic about her thoughts as she walked down the mall.

I'm not sure I follow. I've had many friends go to UVA and almost all of them wanted to eat there at some point when I visited. One of them is an MD at UVA hospital now and still eats there.

It's a very, very common spot that appeals to a lot of different groups, despite the mushroom imagery.

Huh? I have no idea what your reply has to do with what I posted. I am suggesting that UVA students are the target customer base which is not to say Mellow Mushroom doesn't serve good pizza and attract all types of customers.

Same for me/us. First born was considering attending UVA four years ago - we ate at MM. I'm sure HG was just posting the menu. It's good pizza!

BTW there were tons of undergrads in MM when we ate...but that was an accepted students weekend, so, not sure it that means anything regarding location of undergrads in general.

Thank you! I was about to fall off my sofa over here! I love Mellow Mushroom. BTW, they are hardly a small chain anymore. They are in many states. We have one I eat at at least once a month. Their pizza is yummy! And that menu was a throwback from 40 years ago to celebrate their anniversary. We were all more psychedelic back then ;)

ETA...you know we are hurting for something new to chew on when we spend the better part of a page discussing Mellow Mushroom..lol

Same for me/us. First born was considering attending UVA four years ago - we ate at MM. I'm sure HG was just posting the menu. It's good pizza!

BTW there were tons of undergrads in MM when we ate...but that was an accepted students weekend, so, not sure it that means anything regarding location of undergrads in general.

I was pointing out that MM is 1 mile from Tempo. I do believe that it is probably safe to assume that HG had eaten at the MM. Thus, she was not unfamiliar with the area. Tis all....

Y'all, Mellow Mushroom is on the Corner.... we've established HG was familiar with the Corner and that is where undergrads hang.

I was pointing out that MM is 1 mile from Tempo. I do believe that it is probably safe to assume that HG had eaten at the MM. Thus, she was not unfamiliar with the area. Tis all....

Yep, got that with the intervening post(s). Like I said, teeming with undergrads when I was there, the whole street, in fact. So...for whatever it is worth, I'm still of the mindset that there are undergrads who go all over the place. It's the same argument for any campus...just depends on the student.

I'm agreeing with you...

I might add that I have a colleague who has a business on the mall, and when I visited her a while ago, there were lots of undergrads walking around. This wasn't an accepted students weekend, just a regular old week day. I have felt from the beginning of this case that the argument that "all undergrads" stay away from the mall is ridiculous. IMO, MOO, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisminto
Back