Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Yes- I gave, and will continue to give until she is found

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • NO- I would, but I can't afford to

Votes: 6 4.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your point is correct, the witnesses would have to reconstruct the timeline according to the statements, they didnt do that on the TV version.
If it had been an official reconstruction, they would have had to adhere to the statements and not a script for TV.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7422787.stm,
It seems that the friends wanted it televised, but then we know that isnt allowed under Portuguese law, i wonder if the friends and their lawyers knew that?

Ah that was the problem, why is it not allowed under Portuguese law? Do they do use reconstruction as an alert system when someone is misisng like the UK? That is the problem with cultural difference in the Uk they televise them so they can jog people's memories so people may think a non-televised version is not worth much. Considering so many people travel abroad and we are all in the EU there shoudl be a better way of ensuring that cultrual differences do not mess up investigations.

Ah that was the problem, why is it not allowed under Portuguese law? Do they do use reconstruction as an alert system when someone is misisng like the UK? That is the problem with cultural difference in the Uk they televise them so they can jog people's memories so people may think a non-televised version is not worth much. Considering so many people travel abroad and we are all in the EU there shoudl be a better way of ensuring that cultrual differences do not mess up investigations.

You didnt know that then Brit?
No, the problem is that under Portuguese law, investigations have to be carried out away from the press, there should be no information passed to the media whilst the case is active, which is why there was such a problem in releasing the photofits of suspects back in 2007.
Do you not remember that either?

I could not remember when the reconstruction was required, although as the mccanns were still aguiods, and the case was closed and secrecy ended at the same time the aguido status wqs dropped it shoudl have clicked. But as far as I am aware the secrecy only applied to Portugal, so why not release it outside of Portugal where visitors may have lived?
Its a bit ironic that the media were full of reports they claimed came from police sources, but they would not televise a reconstruction of events that the media had widely reported on anyway. I think the horse may have bolted at this point.

You didnt know that then Brit?
No, the problem is that under Portuguese law, investigations have to be carried out away from the press, there should be no information passed to the media whilst the case is active, which is why there was such a problem in releasing the photofits of suspects back in 2007.
Do you not remember that either?

lol I wish the PJ had read that memo of not talking to the press - they were giving daily leaks to 24 horas and the rest of the tabs !!

lol I wish the PJ had read that memo of not talking to the press - they were giving daily leaks to 24 horas and the rest of the tabs !!

If it was illegal then I do not understand why an investigation into the leak was not carried out so whichever officer was leaking the material could be charged and convicted. It seems the secrecy was in this case abused so the police could leak information the most damning of which turned out to be incorrect, to try to conduct trial by misinformed media, whilst at the same time ensuring the mccanns could not defend themselves in the media.

If it was illegal then I do not understand why an investigation into the leak was not carried out so whichever officer was leaking the material could be charged and convicted. It seems the secrecy was in this case abused so the police could leak information the most damning of which turned out to be incorrect, to try to conduct trial by misinformed media, whilst at the same time ensuring the mccanns could not defend themselves in the media.
same old same old eh guys?

Please post a link - I hadn't heard that information was leaked, let alone incorrect?

Tia.

www.levesoninquiry.org.uk read the evidence there from the McCanns, the media and the polic in relation to incorrect information printed in the media. gerry McCann has been asked to participate in module 4 of the inquiry into press standards. But the leaks were all over the press at the time. Any headlines stating information about the case that occurred before the secrecy was lifted were obviously illegal leaks.
One of the worst incorrect leaks was that Madeleine's DNA had been confrmed as being in the car. this turned out to be completely incorrect, and is one of the reasons the newspapers had to apologize to the mccanns. Again this is talked about in the leveson inquiry.

<modsnip>.

www.levesoninquiry.org.uk read the evidence there from the McCanns, the media and the polic in relation to incorrect information printed in the media. gerry McCann has been asked to participate in module 4 of the inquiry into press standards. But the leaks were all over the press at the time. Any headlines stating information about the case that occurred before the secrecy was lifted were obviously illegal leaks.
One of the worst incorrect leaks was that Madeleine's DNA had been confrmed as being in the car. this turned out to be completely incorrect, and is one of the reasons the newspapers had to apologize to the mccanns. Again this is talked about in the leveson inquiry.

By the way are you ever going to post your evidence for claiming the fSS was a private company with links to the mccanns and no legal right to examine DNA, and that it had lost hair found int he hire car.

But it didn't turn out to be "completely incorrect" - it turned out "inconclusive".

Ok, that's enough of the back and forth on who said what or continuing to ask for links. If its rumor then please alert. If its an opinion based on the facts known then that is fine.

If links are not given then just agree to disagree and go on. Stop the bickering guys!

Ima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member